2.11.2013

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream.


Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream came highly praised and recommended by my skincare idol, Caroline Hirons, and it has since become both my day and nighttime moisturizer. It's a moisturizer aimed at dry, sensitive and combination skin types, though to me, it doesn't seem quite moisturizing enough for the driest of dry skin states when used on its own.


Goat Milk Cream is a white cream, as you'd expect, that has quite a light consistency for a cream. Assuming you use the right amount of product (I use a full pump at night and bit less during the day), it sinks into the skin quickly without leaving any greasy residue sitting on the surface. Using too much = potential greasy mess.

For daytime moisturization, I use only this cream, and I find that it preps the skin nicely for makeup as well. Before bedtime, I use this over a hydrating serum (I'll talk about those in another post), as I find it does not provide enough hydration on its own for my dry winter skin. 


I like to think of this cream as the moisturizer counterpart to my beloved Pai Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser in the sense that it is a simple, non-offensive moisturizer that does what it's meant to do without irritating skin or clogging pores in the process. 

I have combination, acne-prone skin at the moment (oily t-zone with dry cheeks and forehead), and I've found that moisturizers geared towards oily and/or acne-prone skin don't provide nearly enough hydration for my dry spots, while those formulated for normal to dry skin often leave my face looking like an oil slick. Goat Milk Cream is the perfect medium, in my opinion. Bravo, Kate Somerville. Bravo.

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream retails for $55 for 1.7oz and is available from Sephora.


16 comments:

  1. The fact that you say it's the moisturizer counterpart of the Pai cleanser has definitely got me interested! I tend to use basic moisturizers that don't claim to do anything fancy, so this sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I can't seem to drag myself away from your blog today. This cream's been on my wishlist for a while but I'm going to have to bribe an American friend to pick some up for me unless someone decides to stock it in the UK. Really helpful review though - thank you! x Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't get it in England, waaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But we can't get it in England, waaaa! ;)
    BTW i always love your photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That logo is too cute! Does this cream have any scent btw? Because goat milk has this very distinct smell and I kinda wondered about it. So happy to hear that it works for you, it sounds lovely ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you'd like it, Sunny! I also like simple, basic moisturizers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, thank you so much, Becky! Glad you're liking my posts. It's a shame Kate Somerville isn't available in the UK :( But you guys have Hydraluron and Emma Hardie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, I know, Jo....I'm sorry :( And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I should've mentioned it! It has a light, generic cream scent...not sure how to describe it, but it doesn't linger after you apply it at all. I don't think it's an added fragrance or anything. I'm not sure what goat milk smells like. Does it smell like goat cheese? This definitely doesn't smell like goat cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kate Somerville really does have some fantastic products!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like her products...sometimes the line doesn't receive the best reviews and I wish she would simplify some of her formulations; but everything I've tried from her has been great. The oil-free moisturizer is also nice, albeit a good bit lighter than the Goat Milk Cream.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's true so I suppose I shouldn't complain! I went on a bit of a mission after I read your post though and found Kate Somerville stocked at Nordstrom who ship to the UK. I think my spending ban might fail miserably this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of this line! Thanks for the amazing review--I really need a moisturizer that absorbs. Just added it to my trainca.se wishlist!

    http://trainca.se/product/kate-somerville-goat-milk-cream/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree! I used to love ExfoliKate but I remember I didn't repurchase it at the time due to lack of funds on my part :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never tried the moisturizer but glad to hear it's another great product!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did you like it? I remember loving ExfoliaKate when I had a tub :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...