1.19.2013

YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in #15 Corail Intuitive.

I remember back when I started blogging nearly 3 years ago, the original YSL Rouge Volupté line was all the rage. At one point, I even had two of my own until I came to the sad realization that I really didn't care for the formula at all, and I had just bought into the hype. Though they were pigmented and creamy, they seemed to settle into lip lines like nobody's business, and the wear time was virtually non-existent. I eventually sold one in a blog sale and kept the other because I liked the color (Peach Passion, if you're curious), though not without hesitation.

Fast forward a few years and YSL has now brought out a new, ultra-hydrating and shiny version of the Rouge Voluptés, appropriately called Rouge Volupté Shine. You'd think I would have learned my lesson and steered clear, but being the makeup fiend I am, I bought one.

Although I've been on a bold lip kick lately, I really wanted to choose a shade that was more wearable for everyday to ensure I could wear it often enough to make it worth the $34 (ouch!) investment. I ultimately went with #15 Corail Intuitive after seeing how gorgeous it looked on my friend Jess.



Corail Intuitive is a peachy coral, and although it has a sheerer finish than the original formula, I find the color can be easily built up too. It has tiny micro-shimmer that really isn't visible on the lips. What I love about this formula compared to the original is that it doesn't settle into lip lines and is incredibly hydrating, whereas I felt the original tended to sit on the lips instead. In addition, unlike the original formula where it felt like I was wearing lipstick, I find this formula much more lightweight and comfortable, and it feels more like a balm due to its moisturizing properties, although it is creamier than a traditional balm. It has the usual YSL lipstick scent (mango?), and it lasts for about 2-3 hours on my lips.




Overall, I love this lipstick. I've been reaching for it most days. I love how hydrating and comfortable the formula is, and the shiny finish is quite natural and makes lips look incredibly soft and supple. I wouldn't be surprised if another shade (or two) eventually find their way into my collection ;)

I purchased mine online from Sephora (not all shades are available yet) for $34.


42 comments:

  1. Very flattering and I looove the sheen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this one is nice! I have Peach Passion as well and I rarely wear it because I feel like it's tooooo creamy and settles into my lip lines too. This one looks very satin-y =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I find coral lipsticks don't really suit me but I love them so this looks perfect for sheerer wash of colour.


    Ria x
    miniinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen so much about these babies! I love how it seems so balmy and the packaging is just so terribly luxe its so easy to crave one! I think I'd be going for a pinky or nudey one when I get one! This shade looks so lovely, the perfect slight peach! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. This might be the pinky shade I've been looking for. I don't own many light pinks (wait...maybe I don't own any...) and would really like one go-to shade. For the perfect color, $34 is probably worth the investment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I think this color looks really great with your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I always loved the colour range of the rouge voulpte range but you're right the wear time was just ridiculous for the price! This formula sounds lovely though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not the biggest fan of YSL volutpé formula (except the sheer candy ones). Maybe it's just me but I find the texture really slippery and way too creamy...but like i said, maybe it's just me being weird ;) however, that shade looks gorgeous on you! you can really pull off every single shade of lipstick *jealous* ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful, wearable shade of coral/peach! I would reach for this over peach passion I think...PP is stunning but a little bright for everyday (at least for me that is). I will def check this new formula out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks beautiful against your skintone! I'm tempted to get my hands on the exact same one now since I love peachy/coral shades and it's moisturizing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this shade looks super moisturizing on your lips - that's what I look for in lipsticks :) thanks for sharing this great find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a pretty shade. I have nude beige, but this is more of a spring summer lipstick so it really appeals to me!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. this shade is gorgeous! totally one I would reach for!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so excited orange and coral shades are back !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Vita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this one sooo much more than Peach Passion!

    ReplyDelete
  18. And it's quite a peachy coral as well, so it's not as bold as the traditional coral lipstick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Mirna :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Let me know what you think if you end up getting one :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. REALLY?! No light pinks at all? I'm shocked, haha. But yes, for $34, I'm hoping this will be a go-to shade for me as well :) You should swatch them when they hit Sephora stores!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww, thank you, Aly :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. My train of thought exactly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. They're amazing, Nic! I hope the ranges launches in the UK soon so you can try them too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww, thank you, Lina, but so can you based on what I've seen on your blog! And yes, like we've already talked about on Twitter, these are indeed a new formula...I disliked the original RV formula as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks, Natalie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I agree, Peach Passion can seem quite bright for everyday...I think because it's so pigmented! I love Corail Intuitive much, much more :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. If you do, let me know what you think! I hope you like it as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. No problem, Jenny! I was pleasantly surprised by how hydrated my lips feel when I wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks, Miranda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I wear them year around :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. This one is actually from the Rouge Volupte Shine line, not the original RV line that nude beige is in :) But yes, I think this shade will be great for spring and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I feel the same about the original version, they were so slippery and just slid off my lips. It was so annoying because I love the packaging, just not the formula. So I'm really happy to hear that the sheer formula works a lot better, they look great on your lips and I love the shade you have :).

    ReplyDelete
  34. I feel the same about the original version, they were so slippery and just slid off my lips. It was so annoying because I love the packaging, just not the formula. So I'm really happy to hear that the sheer formula works a lot better, they look great on your lips and I love the shade you have :).

    ReplyDelete
  35. You should give the new Shine formula a try if and when you get the chance, Teri! I'd love to hear what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is such a lovely shade but I think I prefer the original formula only because I prefer slightly more opaque coverage but this shade is tempting me all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Tiffany, this looks gorgeous on you! The background info on the formula was helpful--- it sounds like the shine formula is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just picked this up at Sephora after swatching because it looked SO pretty! Glad to hear you like it too. I've been really into coral/orange lately so this is a perfect addition to my collection :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Glad you got it and love it, Alexandra! :) I was pleasantly surprised by how much nicer the formula is compared to the origianl RV, which I hated.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...