12.19.2012

The Perfect Everyday Blush: NARS Luster.

For my two and a half week trip home to California for the holidays, I brought with me only three blushes: Burberry Tangerine, NARS Sin and NARS Luster. As a devoted blush lover, you know all three of these blushes really had to stand out in my collection and be exceptionally amazing for them to make the cut. Since I already have posts devoted to the first two blushes, I thought it was only fair Luster got a post too :)




Luster is a gorgeous, warm golden peach shade with golden shimmer, and it's one of those blushes that you really have to try on your cheeks in order to really be able to appreciate how effortlessly beautiful and versatile it is. I had swatched it so many times at Sephora and never thought twice about it, but after taking the plunge and buying it after seeing how gorgeous it looked on others, I completely fell in love with the way it looked on my cheeks. 

Considering how much love it gets in the beauty community, I truly think this is one of those blushes that will suite most, but especially those with light to medium skin tones. The shimmer in it is subtle and glowy, and I don't find that it accentuates pores or looks glittery at all. I especially love Luster paired with a bronze eye (my go-to lately)  or a bright red or berry lip, because I just find it incredibly complementary in both scenarios. It's just a gorgeous everyday blush, which is why I chose to bring it along with me on my trip.


I really wanted to show how it looked on my cheeks, but it was really bright outside, so this happened...
STINK FACE ALERT!!

I tried.

What's your favorite NARS blush?


15 comments:

  1. I've been eying this blush for the longest time but I'm always hesitating...do you think it would look good on fair but cool toned complexions? I'm afraid it will end up looking dirty/muddy on me...My favorite blush at the moment is definitely sin! nars blushes FTW ;) Great post as always dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I love Sin sooo much! I don't think Luster would look dirty or muddy on fair, cool-toned skin, but it might come off a bit orangey :-/ Maybe you could try it at a NARS counter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my all time favourite blush :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks lovely. Like a shimmery sleek suede?


    Ria x
    miniinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oOoO~ Luster is gorgeous<3
    But, I find that it can make me appear "muddy"? Maybe I'm using a heavy hand but, it just shows up a bit too brown for me T.T Don't understand why! Ugh~




    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com
    Holiday Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I need to check this out x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, I need to get it! I love nars blushes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, that's a bummer :( Yeah, maybe you should try it with a lighter hand or a stippling brush?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have Suede with me at the moment but from what I remember, I think Suede is darker and browner....will update you once I'm back home :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, glad you like it too, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, a commenter above said that it looks a bit muddy on them, so....... :( I still think you should try it at a counter though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE Luster - between that and Madly it's tough choosing between those two everyday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luster is one of my favorites, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Luster has been on my list since forever

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...