12.08.2012

7-Day Lipstick Challenge, Take 2: Red.

My red lipstick choice, which also happens to be the most expensive lipstick in my colleciton (eeek!), is Guerlain Rouge G Lipstick in Garconne. I purchased this around my birthday back in August because I read some reviews that said it was the closest lipstick, shadewise, to Chanel Dragon, a beautiful, but discontinued, beauty I will forever kick myself in the shins for not buying. 


Gorgeous packaging!

Garconne is a rich and saturated bright red with blue undertones, which makes teeth look whiter - hooray! It is my first and only lipstick from Guerlain's Rouge G line, and the formula is truly impeccable. It is pigmented, smooth to apply, moisturizing on the lips, and lasts for 6+ hours without touch-ups.


[Edit: In both the swatch and face photos, Garconne looks pink, thanks to my horrific bathroom lighting. You can see a swatch of the true red color here on Temptalia. It's most definitely a red!]


Countdown until anticipated completion of challenge: 5 days.


13 comments:

  1. this looks GORGEOUS on you, but it looks fuschia to me, not red. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me or does this look very pink too? Either way, I really love it! Rouge G's are one of my absolute favourite lipsticks, they just last for hours. You really rock that shade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Teri! And yea, it definitely looks pink in my pictures due to the bad lighting. It's definitely a true red though - no pink tones in sight! I edited the post with a link to Temptalia's review and swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops, yup, that's due to my bad lighting! It's definitely a true red though - I edited the post and linked to Temptalia's review with good swatches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Garconne, one of my favourite lipsticks that I own! :) Looks gorgeous on you :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous and the packaging is amazing! X



    Beth @ Beth-Bradley.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful color! It looks great on you. I have yet to try a Guerlain lipstick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the packaging, super classy!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not surprised it's one of your favorites! It's a beautiful lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the packaging too! So luxe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Natty! This is my only Guerlain lipstick, but I do have one of their lipglosses, and I love that one too. It makes me think I might love all of their products :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Savannah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 7 day lipsick challenge take 2 red. Know all about it.

    Salon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...