11.25.2012

My Rose Gold Highlighter.


I found this bad boy quite a while ago, sitting pretty next to the cash registers at my local Ulta. At the time, I hadn't heard anything about it or its gold counterpart, but I'm glad I gave it a swatch and took the plunge and bought it because it is just beautiful.

Bare Minerals Ready Luminizer in The Love Affair is my first and only rose gold highlighter. As many of you may already know, my HG highlighter was (and is still) Dior Amber Diamond, and I don't typically like to purchase highlighting products because I just end up being disappointed when I realize that they pale in comparison to Amber Diamond, but this one was just so different that I was able to justify the purchase. Although, if we're being honest here, even if I wasn't able to justify the purchase, it doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't have bought it still! ;)

These four photos were taken in natural daylight...

And these next two were taken with indoor lighting.


The texture is super soft, smooth and blendable. I prefer to use this highlighter more at night when I'm going out because I find it can read a bit frosty, making the skin look too done up, if you know what I mean. Of course, if you use minimal product on a brush like the MAC 188 and blend, blend, blend, you could definitely still make it work for daytime looks too :) I think the shade itself may be a bit too dark on fair skin, but I think it works on my NC23-ish skin and would definitely work on darker skin tones as well.

If you're anything like me and are currently obsessing over all thing rose gold and love highlighting products, this is a product that is worth looking in to. It's a gorgeous rose gold, but it's not too pink, which can look a bit off of on yellow-undertones like my skin. Those who are afraid of glitter need not fear - there is no glitter to be found, only soft, radiant shimmer throughout. This is definitely a product I could see myself using throughout the holiday season (and beyond), and although it won't be replacing Amber Diamond any time soon, it certainly is still a product that I continue to pat myself on the back for purchasing :)

As mentioned before, I purchased mine at Ulta, but it's also available now at Sephora for $26. 


Have you tried any rose gold highlighters? If so, what's your favorite?


25 comments:

  1. I saw that and swatched it too, at my local sephora, came very close to purchasing it but I was christmas present shopping for other people and felt a little guilty ;) Are you sure there is no glitter? The shimmers seemed a bit chunky to me but maybe I was seeing things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just swatched it again just to be positive, but no, no glitter whatsoever! Mine also isn't chunky at all....it's super smooth. It looks more frosty to me than anything. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE rose gold highlighters and Laura Mercier's Rose Rendezvous Illuminator is my all-time fave. I have a habit of picking up anything rose gold toned so I think I'll check this one out! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems gorgeous. I haven't tried many highlighters and haven't tried bareminerals yet. I have an order on its way in the mail so I'm excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful highlighter!


    Beth @ Beth-Bradley.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks so pretty! Rose golds suit my skin tone better than other shades of highlighter, so I will definitely be checking this out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw these the other day whilst Xmas shopping in Manchester. I liked the look of it but forgot to swatch it. If i had of - I would of bought it. Its so pretty. I might go back and treat myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks gorgeous!! I would have never thought of trying BE! Not a fan of there foundation

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks beautiful! I love rose gold highlights :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a gorgeous colour - I bet it looks stunning on :)

    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks gorgeous and yes, it's easy to justify the purchase when you have a great highlighter like amber diamond. I have amber diamond too and well, same as you, the others can not beat this beauty, but this one looks different enough! So tempted now... lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soo pretty! I'm definitely picking this up on the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo, really?? Let me know what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amber Diamond is just beautiful....I can't imagine loving any highlighter more than that one, to be honest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It does! Highlighters are sometimes difficult to photograph on the skin, but I'll try and use it in a FOTD soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is my only one! Do you have any favorites? I'd love to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to use their foundation back in the day, but I'm not much into it anymore either....I much prefer Laura Mercier's mineral foundation if I'm going to go down that route :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Let me know if you get it and what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know what you mean. I think the slight pink tones can look more natural on the skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, really? Yay! What did you order? Did you get this highlighter too?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I remember that one because I missed out on it! Haha. Glad to hear you love it though! Elizabeth Arden has (had?) one that looks gorgeous too, but I definitely can't justify that purchase now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks, Caroline! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I got it a couple of weeks ago and Oh My it is beautiful! One of my favorite highlighters for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...