11.24.2012

Metallic Holiday Eye


I didn't really do my makeup today with the intention of going for a holiday-type of look, but towards the end, I realized that my eye look was just that! Metallic gold tones always make me think of the holidays and Christmas parties, and had I known I was doing a holiday look, I probably would've opted for a festive red lip instead :)


After appling TFSI, I applied Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze all over my lid and blended well past the crease. Then, I applied L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Amber Rush to my lid only, allowing Bad to the Bronze to remain as the predominant crease shade. My winged liner is courtesy of my beloved Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner, and I have UD 24/7 liner in Perversion on my top waterline, MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy on my lower waterline and Sephora Jumbo Liner in Taupe on my lower lash line.

I was inspired to use this eyeshadow combo after I saw Missglamorazzi's video today, and I LOVED how shiny her eyelids looked! Weird, I know. I only used 2 of the 3 shadows she used, but I think the effect is similar. I love that the shadows are so metallic that they look almost wet. Obsessed.



The rest of my makeup was pretty simple. Mainly, MUFE F&B Foundation in #20, Rimmel Bronzer in 25 Sun Glow, Tarte Blush in Exposed, and Guerlain lipgloss in 800 Crystal Pearl.

Do your eye looks tend to change for the holidays?


Disclaimer: The Eyeko liner was sent to me free of charge for review purposes only. I am not affiliated with the company, nor am I getting paid for featuring it on my blog. The opinions expressed in this post are honest and based solely on my own experience with the product.

30 comments:

  1. That is so pretty, I love the bronzer you use. I definitely change up my make-up for certain occasions, the holidays are no excuse! ;)

    - Erin xo

    Bloggers Secret Santa [Open for submissions!]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look! I think it's a good idea to keep the eyes simple and have bright lips for the holiday season. :) You and Ingrid from Missglamorazzi are so convincing with that Amber Rush eyeshadow! I need to swatch it next time I'm in store xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that is such a pretty look! I definitely change up my makeup for the holidays. I have a few gold shadows so I'll have to try them out soon :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lovvve it! I need to buy these two eyeshadows asap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks so great! id be really nervous to do a metallic eye at this time of year but i think if you stick to golds, browns, coppers, etc - colours that remind you of autumn - then it looks great! :) xxxx

    Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty love the look

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks gorgeous! I tend to wear metallic looks around the holidays too - I like to mix bronzy tones with gold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gold/bronze and nude pink is my favorite combo. Great job Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, could be worn almost any season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE Bad to the Bronze! Such an awesome color :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I may recreate this with the Infallible I have in Blinged and Brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing look, it's beautiful!! <3 Love it (:
    And it is festive!! I love these kind of christmas-makeup's.

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Let me know how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Right? So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally agree, although I'm much more drawn to metallic golds during the holiday season for some reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much, Joanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bronze + gold will always be an amazing combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I completely agree! I don't really go for metallic silvers and cooler tones very much.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, you do! They're both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad to hear I'm not the only one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeouslike a doll, I think these light shimmery browns are so nice on everyone! I hope to do a christmas look as well as some fancier looks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look absolutely stunning!! I totally agree! Being a holiday look, I also think it would look best with a darker lip :) btw thank you so much for the mention in the your sidebar!! It truly means the world to me!!! Lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh, great combo! I need to try this myself because it looks so simple yet a bit glam at the same time! Love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What kind of colors do you like to use for Christmas looks? I'd love to know!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Of course! I can't believe I didn't find your blog sooner. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you so much, Teri! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'd go for golds, bronzey browns and probably will be trying some more dramatic colorful looks! I've been doing neutrals all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...