11.30.2012

It doesn't get more gold than this.


Continuing on with my obsession with metallic gold eyes for the holidays, I opted for much truer gold tones tonight than in my Metallic Holiday Eye post, a look that looks more taupey in comparison. I dug out and dusted off my MAC palette when I remembered I owned a gold MAC shadow once upon a time. MAC Goldmine is a vibrant yellow gold that got overlooked once I acquired the UD Naked palette because I much prefer UD Half Baked over Goldmine. However, there's a time and a place for everything, and tonight, I was in the mood for some Goldmine!

I relied on my trusty LORAC PRO Palette for the rest of the look. I used Gold to add extra golden dimension to the outer half of my lid since it's a darker gold than Goldmine, and Garnet was used to deepen my outer v and crease. I opted against my usual black winged liner due to laziness (just being honest!), but I'm quite glad I did as I thought it allowed the look to stay bright and made my eyes look bigger.

MAC e/s in Goldmine (lid)
LORAC e/s in Gold (outer half of lid)
LORAC e/s in Garnet (outer v)
UD 24/7 Liner in Perversion (tightline)
MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy (tiny bit on lower lash line)
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara

Overall, I enjoyed the look but thought it looked a bit too....yellow? In terms of metallic gold-toned holiday eye looks, I think I still prefer one with more taupey or bronzey tones, such as the one in my last FOTD post.


Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!


18 comments:

  1. I love it! I just got a gold liquid eyeliner (for a bit of holiday flare) and now I'm all about gold on the eyes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous! I see what you mean about being yellow for everyday, but I think this would be a fun holiday look. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous! Your eyes look so bright, and I agree about holding off on the eyeliner. Amazing choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this looks great! It really makes your eyes brighten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look really makes you eyes look huge! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done I don't think its too yellow at all, if it were darker maybe but no, gold really works well on everybody and I can see how this can easily take you through a festive mood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, what gold liquid liner did you get, if you dont' mind me asking? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Aly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bailey_AlltheWordsDecember 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM

    Just a cheapie one from Yves Rocher (I didn't know how much I'd actually use it) but it's actually really nice and has a great brush. http://bit.ly/11o7zkR

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omigosh now THAT is gold eyeshadow! I think you look gorgeous hun, you pull off both the brighter looks and the neutral ones so well! Love how your eye colour pops here too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the gold tones look absolutely stunning on you!! especially with your beautiful brown eyes :) love love love!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...