7.01.2012

My Favorite Products of the First Half of 2012.


Makeup
FoundationMake Up For Ever Face & Body Foundation! Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation still comes in at a close second, but the color isn't a great match for me at the moment.

Concealer: Maybelline DreamLumi Concealer (under eyes) + Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer (blemishes/redness)

Powder: Laura Mercier Translucent Powder + Physician's Formula Happy Booster Translucent Powder



Eyeshadow: Burberry! (Swatched here and here.)

Eyeliner: MAC Superslick Liquid Liner + MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy + Milani Liquif'Eye Metallic Eyeliner Pencils

Eyeshadow primer/base: UDPP 

Eyelash curler: Shu Uemura

Mascara: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara


Lipgloss: Clarins Natural Lip Perfector in #2 + Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Bellini



Body
Shower gel/soap: Nothing in particular.

Body lotion/cream: Haus of Gloi Pumpkin Butter in Twice is Nice...I'm obsessed with the scent!

Body exfoliator: Nothing in particular.

Hand cream: None, but I do like the original EOS Everyday Hand Lotion.

Lip balm/treatment: C.O.Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm (best night time lip balm ever! I prefer it over Nuxe Reve de Miel.)

Perfume: Stella by Stella McCartney + Vera Wang Lovestruck


Face
Cleanser: Murad Clarifying Cleanser

Toner/lotion: None.

Moisturizer: The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream

Facial mask: None.

Exfoliator: Clarisonic Mia

Makeup remover: Shu Uemura Fresh Cleansing Oil


p.s. I've linked all products that have been featured or reviewed in previous posts :)

Here's the link to my 2011 favorites too, in case you're interested!


What have been some of your favorites so far this year? I'd love to hear about them!


16 comments:

  1. nice list! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oOohh what a great idea - would love to see if some of these last til the end of the year =)  so great how you have a favourite high end and drug-store favourite foundation, i just purchase my 5th bottle of MAC pro long wear - and while it will remain an all year round favourite - i wish i could find a more affordable alternative that i love just as much. favourite mid 2012 lipsticks include MAC viva glam in Nicki, revlon lip butter in Strawberry Shortcake =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting picks! I don't think I have anything on this list besides the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation. I'm surprised the Revlon lip butters/lip balm stains didn't make the cut! I think I need to investigate the Clarins Lip Perfector further ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great roundup of favorites! I'm really interested to try the C.O Bigelow lip balm now...I've been wanting to get the Reve de Miel but picking something up at BBW sounds way more convenient xx

    -Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post :) I can't believe how many new, awesome products have come out already in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 2, 2012 at 8:05 PM

    I like Strawberry Shortcake too! I wanted to love Viva Glam Nicki, but it just looks terrible on me. And don't worry - I like to do these posts halfway through the year and then again at the end of the year, and I've noticed that a lot of these products have stayed the same, surprisingly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 2, 2012 at 8:07 PM

    I really like the lip butters (Lollipop should've been on the list, now that I'm thinking about it!) and the balm stains, but I only got the balm stains about a month ago, so I didn't think it would be fair to put them on the list just yet :) You should definitely give the lip perfector a try! I liked mine so much that I just got the pink one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you mentioned Essie polish in Mint Candy Apple -- I just bought it and I'm wearing it now! :) Mint nail polish seems to be the in thing this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea for a post, but you have me scared! I can't believe the year is half over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is totally in sync with the Cosme.net's bi-annual (first half of 2012) release of top products! :D (Cosme.net as in the Japanese cosmetic rating site). Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your list! what about your eyebrows? are you using naything

    ReplyDelete
  12. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 7, 2012 at 11:37 PM

    I'm using a brow ink pen (Anastasia and NYX) with MAC Wedge on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know that you're a lover of The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream. Would it be possible for you to do a review on it since it's been in your Favorites of 2011 AND Favorites of Half of 2012? I'm looking to getting it but I'd like to read a few more reviews before trying it out. =]

    ReplyDelete
  14. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 23, 2012 at 4:11 PM

    Yes, I'll try to do one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree- this is a great post! I may have to do a similar post and see how I feel about some of my faves at the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...