7.01.2012

A Match Made in Sheer Peach Heaven.


I purchased the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Charm when I was home in California a few weeks ago, and the first thing I noticed about it was its striking resemblance in color to my Clarins Lip Perfector in #2. So off I went digging into my makeup bag before realizing that I was an idiot and didn't bring it with me...biggest travel makeup packing mistake ever! As soon as I got home, though, I tried out the combo immediately and honestly, these two products were made for each other.


Revlon Charm (left) and Clarins #2

Wearing Clarins #2 over Revlon Charm.

The two shades are pretty much identical, although the stain left behind by Charm tends to lean a bit darker and more corally...think a much more muted version of MAC Costa Chic lipstick. Both products are quite moisturizing on their own anyways, especially the lip perfector, but together, I find that the lip perfector helps to seal in the moisture (and the color) even longer. Love it!


Face:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in #53 mixed with Revlon Photoready Foundation in 003
Maybelline DreamLumi Concealer in Ivory
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Sand
Tarte Bronzer in Park Ave Princess
Dior Bronzer in Aurora

Eyes:
Milani Shadow Eyez in Champagne Toast 
L'Oreal e/s in Bottomless Java
Milani Shadow Eyez in Brown Deluxe (lashline)
Prestige My Blackest Lashes Mascara

Lips:
Revlon Balm Stain in Charm
Clarins Lip Perfector in #2



Hope you all had a great weekend!


18 comments:

  1. how pretty!!! looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color is so gorgeous! I want to buy this pair now...Wahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. not only is the lip combo STUNNING on you but im in love with ur eye combo and i see mostly drugstore there? YIPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Lip Perfector, and I agree- it's awesome! I have Honey & Precious of the balm stains, but I need to get Charm because this is a perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JessicaGettingCheekyJuly 1, 2012 at 8:13 PM

    Oh my goodness those are perfect for each other! I've toyed with purchasing Charm because I absolutely love the Kissable Balm Stains, but wasn't certain I'd feel comfortable with something so "nude." Looks like I'll be picking this up too! (I should keep a running count of the things I buy because of you: Costa Chic, Charm ... haha)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's always room for sheer peach in life. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look amazing, I have the clarins but the Revlon looks very much like it and nice and easy way to apply it! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely combination!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely combination!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a cheap dupe! I love Charm, I must pick one up for myself! 

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo I gotta check out this colour. Man, I am bursting outta my skin because I know I would be dying to try these new products when I get to NYC in two days!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous! I love your whole look, the eyes are so effortless and perks up your complexion! I'm so envious! I want those balms here in singapore now! Totally need that shade! Great combo, they definitely top each other off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM

    It's actually a bit too pale on me when first applied, but the stain that it leaves after about 30 minutes or so is a gorgeous corally peach shade that is quite a few shades darker than the initial color, and it isn't too nude at all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM

    Ooo, yay! Definitely check them out! Have fun in NYC :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM

    Thank you so much, Sharlynn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a gorgeous lip combo! i really want to try the revlon balm stains <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. They surely are meant to use together, love it! It looks a bit pale on first sight, but it works great on you! 

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the Revlon balm stains! I just haven't tried Charm because I don't think I could pull it off. I went for precious instead (:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...