5.22.2012

You Need This: Revlon Rendezvous.


I was at Target the other night (because it may or may not be like my second home), and I noticed that they just got the new Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in. Although I hadn't really been interested in them at all when I first heard about them, I am nothing if not a makeup addict, so of course, I chose a shade that stood out to me most and purchased it. I went home with Rendezvous, a bright tangerine-coral.





The balm stains are like the Tarte LipSurgence Lip Stains and the Clinique Chubby Sticks with their large pencil-like packaging that actually twists up at the bottom instead of needing to be sharpened.


As mentioned before, Rendezvous is a bright tangerine shade with a touch of coral, and it has no noticeable shimmer to me. It has a slightly minty scent that isn't nearly as strong as the Tarte LipSurgence line. I also don't get any sort of tingling sensation or anything like that once it's on my lips, so if you're lips are sensitive to things like that, rejoice! It has medium pigmentation that is super buildable with each additional swipe across your lips. The above swatches are all the same (I just randomly decided to do 3 swatches :-/) and show the color built up. 

It has a really pretty, glossy finish initially upon application that wears away after a few hours, leaving a beautiful, natural-looking stain on the lips. The stain seems to settle into lip lines just barely, and it isn't drying at all, unlike the stains created by lip stain markers like the original Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stains. I find that these are really moisturizing, both initially after application and once the glossiness has worn off and you're left with just the stain.

???



Also on my face:
Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Real Sand
Dior Matte Bronzer in 002 Honey Matte
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed
Smashbox Cream Eyeshadow in Topaz
UD Eyeshadow in Sidecar
Burberry Eyeshadow in Almond


This is the stain I'm left with!

Honestly, I freakin' LOVE this thing. I really love the color too. It's absolutely perfect for summer! I know a lot of you guys have been searching high and low for these babies, but to no avail. Rest assured, ladies! These are brand new, so I'm sure they'll be all over every Target, Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, etc. in no time! Just gotta be patient :)

I think this might be my new go-to summer lip color! What's yours?


38 comments:

  1. This color seriously looks amazing on you. I saw these when I was at Target the other day but hadn't heard anything about them yet! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED orange lip color in my life! I have nothing of the kind... I might need to check this one out! Looks fabulous on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing color on you! Thanks for the review, I think ill go pick a few of these up now.

    http://naturalbeauty26.blogspot.com/ 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try on of these, so thanks for the review!

    www.seventhingsbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohh, it looks absolutely gorgeous on you! I need to scope this out because I really like Tarte's lip stain pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great summer colour! and you look so pretty in photos! Great smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whee this is so frickking pretty!!! I have several shades that I'll wear really happily this summer, including Dior Riviera, MAC Girl about Town lipglass, and Chanel Calypso!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This color looks amazing on you! Love the eye look you paired it with as well! This color was among a few others from the balm stains I picked up, but unfortunately I can't pull it off quite as well as you can!

    xx Louise
    A Little Beauty Luxury

    ReplyDelete
  9. JessicaGettingCheekyMay 22, 2012 at 4:47 PM

    This looks absolutely stunning on you! Gorgeous FOTD, Tiffany. I definitely need to track this down :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I really love the shade! It's a really neat product I must say because I love that you can twist it up! The pigmentation really looks nice and it's lovely to hear that it's not a drying type of stain, because my lips don't like that, lol. I might harass some ppl to send it to me, hahaha :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty colour!!   great for summer and you're glowing :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Love this perfect for spring! I got a few of them & def need to pick this one up! 


    xo Jennimperfection-isbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so pretty!! 
    merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww the pouting pic is so cute! i havent tried that and i saw some cute ways of wearing the just bitten look. you made it quite juicy to look at though

    ReplyDelete
  15. This lip stain looks amazing on you! I'm not one to wear bright lipsticks, but I've been getting more into them recently. Love how moisturizing and pigmented this is 

    ReplyDelete
  16. that color looks sooooo good on you! I was just at target today and picked up the color charmed but I think I am gonna go back for Rendezvous  =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. UGH WAAAAAANT. I only have one of the Tarte LipSurgence pencil thingos, and I absolutely adored it until I smushed the tip :P 

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bailey_AlltheWordsMay 23, 2012 at 12:44 AM

    I'm itching to get these and this shade is so going on the want list! Hopefully they come out in Canada soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous color!  I'll definitely have to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WillWorkForMakeupMay 23, 2012 at 2:21 AM

    I've only seen Calypso in swatches online, but it's SO gorgeous! I'm jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. WillWorkForMakeupMay 23, 2012 at 2:22 AM

    I know what you mean! The dry stains just look terrible on the lips, in my opinion. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  22. WillWorkForMakeupMay 23, 2012 at 2:24 AM

    Ooo, which other shades did you pick up, Louise? And I'm sure Rendezvous looks amazing on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It looks and sounds great Tiffany. I'm a huge fan of coral shades and this one is right up my street. But unfortunately they always take forever and a day to cross the ocean to make their way over here in Ireland/Uk. Just like what happened with the Revlon Lip Butters. Can you believe they only reached our shores last March? Pure madness but I'll keep my eye out for this gorgeous shade. That is if it ever gets here. haha. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ps You look very pretty in the above pics. As always
    pss. Love sidecar on your eyes. It tends to apply really messy on mine, spreading lots of shimmer under my eyes. Do you have any tips for applying it?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow! You look sooo gorgeous! Your skin and the simple look is so flawless! I love it! I hope these balms are released here soon! 

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can't WAIT for them to come to the UK! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful colour...Wonder if it would make as many waves as the Revlon Lip Butters? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. WillWorkForMakeupMay 24, 2012 at 3:05 PM

    Sidecar applies like a mess on me, too! I hadn't used it in a while and when I randomly decided to use it on this day, I quickly regretted it after noticing I had ended up with glittery cheekbones! :-/ So yeah, I don't have any tips either, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  28. WillWorkForMakeupMay 24, 2012 at 3:06 PM

    Ooo, I'm not sure! I want to say no, just because there was SO much hype around the lip butters....it was kind of ridiculous! haha

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Tiffany, this is gorgeous! I love the eye you've combined it with --- in addition to your navy polka dotted top. 

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes, I definitely NEED this color!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What did you use for your eyebrows?! 

    ReplyDelete
  32. WillWorkForMakeupMay 25, 2012 at 10:09 PM

    I fill them in with the Anastasia Brow Pen in the shade Universal Dark, followed by MAC Wedge eyeshadow over it :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. WillWorkForMakeupMay 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM

    Thanks, Dovey! I just got the top, too! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I believe I do!!! This shade looks gorgeous on you Tiff!!
    How I wish we have this here in Australia! 

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ahhh everyone is raving about those Revlon lip stains! I must get my hands on one too, keke. You picked a great summer color! Looks adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. looks a-mazing, you're stunning x
    http://beautyplethora.blogspot.com.au/ 

    ReplyDelete
  37. Adore, Romantic and Honey are my favorite shades.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...