5.06.2012

Some Old...Some New...I'm Loving Them All.


Hi, everyone! School has been crazy busy but I haven't posted in such a long time and I've accumulated so many new, amazing products that I had to share it with you! I'll have a short break from school in about a week, so you can definitely be expecting a ton of new posts towards the middle of May through June :D


New blush loves:
Clockwise from bottom left:
NARS Sin
MAC Full of Joy
Revlon Coral Reef
Illamasqua Rude
Illamasqua Lies
Revlon Flushed

I got Sin during the last Sephora VIB sale and I love it! I knew it kind of had a cult following, and now I know why! I could care less that it's more of a fall shade, and I love that it doesn't look nearly as scary and purpley when worn as it does when swatched. It's one of those blushes that you really have to try on to appreciate its gorgeousness.

Full of Joy was released with some MAC collection recently (I can't remember nor does it really matter), and it's one of those you either love it or hate it kind of blushes, you know what I mean? It's an extremely cool-toned, pale, lilacy-pink blush that in theory, is not really suited for warmer skin tones like mine, and yet, I can't get enough of it. 

Flushed and Coral Reef are part of Revlon's new Photoready Cream Blush line, and they're both gorgeous. There was also a peachy shade that I didn't pick up because it looked like every other generic peach blush in my collection: pretty, but not anything special. Just my opinion, of course! These are both cream-to-powder formulas that are pretty easy to blend. I've used them with my fingers and with the Real Techniques Expert Face brush.

Lies and Rude were snatched up by me as soon as I noticed that Sephora had stocked the whole Illamasqua line! Lies is a funny little thing because it look like a medium pink in the pan (I legitimately thought I had gotten the wrong blush), but as soon as you rub off the top layer, it exposes the true color, which is an icy pink. Both are easy peasy to blend and have a dewy, but not greasy, finish. Love!

L to R:
Sin
Full of Joy
Flushed
Coral Reef
Lies
Rude

New things I've been wearing on my lips:
L to R:
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Bellini
MAC Razzlerdazzler
MAC Costa Chic
MAC Lipglass in Impassioned

Bellini is part of Revlon's summer collection (not sure if it'll be permanent as well), and it is gorgeous. It's a peachy nude but not too, too nude. It's a great gloss for layering over bright lipsticks too.

Razzlerdazzler and Costa Chic are two new additions to my MAC lipstick collection, and they're both gorgeous shades for spring and summer. I'm particularly fond of Costa Chic :)

I knew I had to get my hands on Impassioned lipglass as soon as it was released, seeing as how its lipstick counterpart is one of my favorite lipsticks OF. ALL. TIME. As expected, I hate the lipglass formula with a passion, but the color is undeniably beautiful and unique.

L to R:
Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Bellini
MAC Razzlerdazzler
MAC Costa Chic
MAC Lipglass in Impassioned

On my face and eyes:
Clockwise from top left:
Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Real Sand
Bare Mineral Well Rested
NYX Blush in Taupe
YSL Gel Liner in Bronze Black
Essence Stay All Day Cream Eyeshadow in Glammy Goes To...

I finally gave in and purchased the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder after hearing raves all over the internet, specifically from The Persianbabe and Essiebutton. Coming from someone who used Bare Minerals for a few years straight before learning about the joys of trying new things, I would definitely say I much prefer the Laura Mercier version to Bare Minerals.

Setting my under-eye concealer is a must, and doing so with a brightening powder is even better! I recently went back to using Well Rested after using up all of the powder in my Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette, and I'd forgotten how amazing this stuff was.

Taupe was bought simply because Estee uses it and she has amazing cheekbones. I would also like to have amazing cheekbones. I normally like using Benefit Hoola for contour, but Taupe seems to be a slightly better option for my paler than pale skin tone right now. Like Hoola, Taupe is also matte and cool-toned but is lighter than Hoola and thus, more suited towards paler complexions.

I had been on the hunt for a colored gel liner...something to use when my eyes need a bit more of a pop, you know? Bronze Black is perfect for that, especially if you have brown eyes like me. The name is incredibly misleading however, as it's actually a shimmery olive green shade. It glides on with ease and lasts all day. Big thanks to Julie for posting about it!

Last, but not least, is the cheapest (in price, not quality!) of the bunch, and it is Essence Stay All Day Cream Eyeshadow in Glammy Goes To... It's a metallic, brown-taupe shade with staying power that gives MAC Paint Pots and MUFE Aqua Creams a run for their money. And when it costs something like $2, you can't really go wrong. You really can't.

L to R:
Glammy Goes To...
Bronze Black
Taupe


I'm sorry that I've been a bit behind on emails and replying to older comments, but I promise I'll be able to get around to it towards the end of this week at the latest!

Be on the lookout for a lot of these things in some upcoming FOTD posts!

What have you guys been loving lately?


42 comments:

  1. This is SUCH a great selection of products! I really want to go pick up MAC's Impassioned & the YSL gel eyeliner now! Thanks for sharing :)

    xx Louise
    http://alittlebeautylux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those new Revlon cream blushes look so amazing! I NEED to get my hands on those - but they weren't at Target when I was there today. :( Everything else in this post looks awesome too - thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been loving Costa Chic recently! 


    www.withlovefromnisha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...I think I need to check out Well Rested.  I've been trying to use up some colorless loose powder and am toying with the idea of choosing something with color next, but don't know how that would work under my eyes.  That Rude blush...!!  Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for your FOTD or reviews on any of these items (a longer review since you did briefly say your thoughts haha). I have to agree w/you on the Sin blush! It's just one of those colors! I love Impassioned too! Didn't know there was a lip glass counterpart though but like you, I love the lipstick! :D good luck w/school!!! 

    ReplyDelete
  6. That YSL Liner is stand-out gorgeous! I want to get those Revlon cream blushes now too ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so close to getting Sin the other day, wish I did now it's gorgeous!

    beautyonablogx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh very lovely post!!! im so glad you are enjoying the liner ( the name is very misleading!!!)
    NYX Taupe has been on my wish list forever but whenever I pass a NYX counter i never see it!! Ah LM mineral powder is beautiful! the finish is AMAZING, it unfort broke me out...but had it NOT, i would claim its the BEST MP!! the glammy is hypnotizingly pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay for nars sin! one of my favorite nars blushes for sure. so glad you love it too. i have nyx taupe and i dont really like it on me, it is too gray. but i can definitely see why paler girls like estee appreciate it. i was THIS close to buying the LM mineral foundation. i probably will end up getting it because im so curious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of those blushes are gorgeous! I think I need to stop in to Ulta and pick up that Essence shade- so pretty! Also- loving how long your hair is getting- I saw an Instagram photo and you look so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the full of Joy and flushed. I hadn't been buying any stuffs lately. apart from elf's face powder... am still loving my mellish rosy blusher... 

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your blog, mac costa chic is amazing i want to check it out! plz stop by my blog too when you have a moment :)

    ke
    blissfullyke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So mani great products! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love that bellini! I understand about school, I wasn't posting too often either and now that its almost over, I'm back :) Goodluck with all your work! 

    ReplyDelete
  15. YSL Bronze Black has a green tone in the pictures, love it!  I wasn't sure about Nars Sin like you, it looks great on your skin.  I will check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really enjoyed that post! I have that same Essence shade - it's great! 

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love blushes!! and the creamy ones more! thanks for sharing! 

    ReplyDelete
  18. oOohh sooo many goodies - loving the colour and finish of the revlon photoready cream blushes ... *adds to wish list* thanks for sharing tiffany =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bronze Black is gorgeous! I've been looking at YSL for ages wondering why nothing pinged me. Clearly I hadn't been looking for this! Damnnnnn.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE Illamasqua 'Lies', it is my favourite highlight of all time.  Those Revlon blushes look beautiful, I hope they come to the UK sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. magicsinthemakeupMay 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM

    Ohh I loved reading this! Illamasqua cream blushes are probably my all time favourite cream formula - they stay so pretty and dewy but like you said they're not greasy (eg the MAC cream blushes just feel a little too slippy for me).  Rude is one of my favourites, can't wait to see how it looks on you! Also can't wait to see impassioned lip glass on you too - I think it will look amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Lots of goodies!  Great post! I've been looking for those Revlon cream blushes and haven't found them yet.  I would love to know what you think about the LM mineral powder. I've been eyeing it for a while. 

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tried my first hot pink blush this week, and I'm so proud of myself because I love it! Unexpectedly easy to wear.


    Enter to win Make Up Forever's HD Microfinish Powder this week at http://www.ellegentsia.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have Costa Chic and I love it! Just adore the bright coral shade...And I know what you mean about certain cool-toned blushes that somehow work on warm-toned skin...Another one I like is MAC's Well Dressed which in theory shouldn't work on my skin but somehow it doesn't look like a straight cool-pink on the skin...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the post on the Revlon Blushes,I have been wanting to pick them up but was unsure. Now they are on my must buy list :)
    http://crazybeautifulmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. WillWorkForMakeupMay 12, 2012 at 3:13 PM

    I haven't seen them at my local Target yet either. I got mine from Walgreens!

    ReplyDelete
  27. WillWorkForMakeupMay 12, 2012 at 3:14 PM

    I really love the brightening effect it gives! I have a lot of darkness around my eyes so it's nice to have additional coverage beyond just an under-eye concealer :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. WillWorkForMakeupMay 12, 2012 at 3:14 PM

    Thanks, girl! And yay for both loving Sin and Impassioned!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. WillWorkForMakeupMay 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM

    I guess I'm lucky in that my skin isn't usually sensitive because I have heard that quite a few people have broken out from the LM mineral powder :( I got NYX Taupe off of Ebay because I've never seen it at Ulta or anywhere else either!

    ReplyDelete
  30. WillWorkForMakeupMay 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM

    You should definitely give the mineral powder a try! It's a nice alternative to liquid foundations :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. WillWorkForMakeupMay 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM

    Thank you, Danielle! I've been enjoying having it long too :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. WillWorkForMakeupMay 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM

    Good luck to you too, Kisti!

    ReplyDelete
  33. WillWorkForMakeupMay 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM

    I had swatched Sin so many times before and never thought anything of it, but when I actually applied it to my cheeks...it was love :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. WillWorkForMakeupMay 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM

    Hahaha, give it a swatch next time you're in Sephora! You'll be sold :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. WillWorkForMakeupMay 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM

    Impassioned lipglass is so gorgeous, Nic! If you can stand the formula, you should definitely get it too! You look amazing in bright lip shades :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. WillWorkForMakeupMay 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM

    I agree about Well Dressed! 

    ReplyDelete
  37. WillWorkForMakeupMay 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM

    I'll most likely do a full review on it sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette is the best, really! I agree NYX Taupe is more suitable for cool-toned skins. I have warm undertones and it looks horrible on me, makes my skin look sallow and the color just looks out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I recently bought MAC's Costa Chic lipstick as well and it is the most perfect coral colour for summer. I've had NARS Sin on my wishlist for ages and MAC's Razzlerdazzler lipstick also looks amazing as well I definetely need to get my hands on that! I haven't seen it before it's not one thats mentioned very much but I love the idea of getting a muted coral for everyday wear :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm contemplating whether or not to get the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder but I'm not sure if Real Sand or Natural Beige would be better for my Asian NC25-30 skintone, because Essiebutton uses Real Sand, while VIviannaDoesMakeup uses Natural Beige. How do you find it working out for your skintone?

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm about NC25 (probably even slightly paler) and I think Real Sand suits my skintone perfectly, but I definitely think it'd be too light for NC30. I'm not sure which to recommend for you, though, since you seem to be in between NC25 and NC30 :-/ Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...