4.03.2012

Luminous Skin with Physician's Formula.

My skin is naturally luminous (<<< euphemism for "oily"), but in the colder months like what we've been experiencing here in the Pacific Northwest, my skin still needs quite a bit of help from creams, serums, highlighters, and setting sprays to perk it up from its dull state. I normally rely on a few liberal spritzes of MAC Fix+ to make my powdered skin look unpowdered and bring the luminosity and life back into my complexion. However, I've recently fallen in love with a new addition to my collection (a powder (!)) that I feel has given me comparable results and I. LOVE. IT.

Some of the products I've been using lately to achieve the "luminous skin" look:
Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush in Warm
Physician's Formula Happy Booster Powder in Translucent
NARS Bronzer in Laguna (dusted on lightly with a MAC 187)
Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory (under eyes)
Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer in Bliss (review here)

This "Fix+ in powder form" product that I'm referring to is the Physician's Formula Happy Booster Powder in Translucent. Despite its name, it's not exactly translucent. It doesn't deposit any color, but it has a soft shimmer throughout it that just seems to be able to perk up a dull complexion like no other. The shimmer is so soft that although it is noticeable is the swatch seen later in this post, it doesn't actually translate as shimmer or sparkle on the skin. It really just adds luminosity, for lack of a better word. Like I said earlier, it makes my skin look like I've just sprayed a bit of Fix+ on it, despite it being a powder product, because it blends into the skin so naturally to give the most beautiful finishing touch to your face makeup.

I heard about the Physician's Formula Happy Booster line quite a while ago, but as drugstore brands and products often fail to excite me in the same way MAC/NARS/Chanel launches do, I initially skipped over them without giving them a second thought. Now, after deciding to pick up two products from the line on a whim a little while ago, I can say that I'm very, very impressed.



The other Physician's Formula product I picked up was the blush in the shade Warm, thanks to Essiebutton's recommendation. Swirled together, it's a peachy coral shade with soft shimmer - in other words, not terribly different from many of the other blushes that make up my blush army, but it's still a beautiful blush nonetheless. It's one of those shades that I feel would be extremely flattering on most skin tones and a perfect option for spring and summer!

Physician's Formula Blush in Warmth (left) and Translucent Powder


Picture! 

Skin pictures are always the hardest to photograph :-/

If you'd like to hear my thoughts on the Maybelline DreamLumi Touch Highlighting Concealer (I'm thinking I could maybe do a post on how I cover up my dark circles and include a joint Armani Master Corrector/Maybelline DreamLumi Concealer review), let me know!


27 comments:

  1. You look amazing :) I think you have fantastic skin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been seeing so many reviews for the Happy Booster line. I did buy a blush but it was too sparkly for me though my sister loved it. I think I may give the translucent powder a try.....it doesn't seem too shimmery. 
    You look so pretty btw. Also, which eyeshadow are you wearing in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely products, I´ve never tried this brand but it looks good! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah i wish i knew where to get physicians formula, they look like such great quality products xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Physician's Formula blush looks nice, I dont think we get the brand here in the UK. Ive seen alot of american bloggers raving about some of their blushes.
    thebeautydosage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the blush. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to try some Physician's Formula power/blush, because the pattern is so cute! It looks great on you, very natural and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you can never go wrong with physicians formula :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to read a post on the DreamLumi concealer, after seeing your pic I've already started Googling it! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally agree! I've been using this powder for a couple of months over matte foundations like Chanel Perfection Lumiere :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WillWorkForMakeupApril 4, 2012 at 7:56 AM

    It's an Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting Eyeshadow in the shade Glammy Goes To. It's a cream eyeshadow and it's amazing for the price! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHHH the 
    Physician's Formula Happy Booster Powder in Translucent is my favorite powder in the winter!!! i just love it!! the blush, I have warm, but i am in love with the shade "Natural", Rose looked a bit dark. Ack I miss my laguna bronzer so much!! I have so many others to get through but that one is something i hope to get back to soon! u look so cute in ur FOTD!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen lots of good reviews about the PF happy boosters, but have never jumped into them either. :x Maybe it is time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish for the day I get my hands on some PF stuff! Until then enjoy the powders! I just love the patterns! 

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely ! 
    http://janesneakpeak.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now I want to get one too.  Like I need anymore blush!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your blog! you always have the best makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to share J's sentiment on the Happy Booster Translucent. I bought it last winter when it first came out and we both swore when winter came again it would be our BFF. It really does add *such* a nice glow to the skin...and I do love the scent of the HB products! Total drugstore win and your skin is looking so radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow maybe I should try the MAC fix+ too. Your skin looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oops sorry I didn't read carefully. You used the translucent powder to set your makeup...instead of MAC fix+.... Now I'm really impressed. I keep seeing these physician's formula happy booster palettes and frankly I don't like the odd looking heart imprints and I'm fussy about my blush palettes...they need to look as good as they work! But hey, I should give this go since it looks so great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love Physician's Formula blushes!

    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, please go check my post: http://shugaandspice.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Omg, yes! Please do a concealer review.  I was just thinking of these new lumi things -- L'oreal and Maybelline, and looking for a new concealer.  I hate concealer..it's such a task! PLease help!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WillWorkForMakeupMay 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM

    I'll definitely review the concealer soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. WillWorkForMakeupMay 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM

    I agree! The packaging is bulky and the hearts are a bit gimmicky, but they work so well!

    ReplyDelete
  25. please review the concealer :D Im a NC25 and i don't know which shade to choose!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...