3.22.2012

A Bite of Berry.

Ever since I saw this post by Victoria, I knew I needed Revlon Raspberry Bite lipstick. I've been much more adventurous these past few months in terms of makeup, and I'm definitely not afraid to wear a bright lip anymore. In fact, I sometimes rely on a bright, statement lip when I don't have as much time to do my makeup before a night out because applying lip color takes a whole lot less time than attempting a smoky eye with winged liner and perfect blending and blah blah blah, you know?

I guess the only real point of this post is to declare my love for Raspberry Bite, as well as compare it to two other somewhat similar shades that also hold a special place in my heart.
L to R:
Revlon Cherries in the Snow
Revlon Raspberry Bite
MAC Rebel

Raspberry Bite is a beautiful, rich red raspberry that actually looks several shades darker in the bullet than it does on the lips. It's really not a scary, vampy shade at all! Like Cherries in the Snow (and Rebel, for that matter), the lasting power is quite exceptional as it tends to leave a strong stain on the lips, and Revlon's Super Lustrous lipstick formula is always moisturizing and comfortable to wear.



L to R:
Revlon Cherries in the Snow
Revlon Raspberry Bite
MAC Rebel
Cherries in the Snow layered over Rebel

I think the lighting is bit off because in real life, Cherries in the Snow layered over Rebel is only the slightest bit darker and more purple-tinged than Raspberry Bite. I'd definitely say the two shades are nearly dupe-able, even though it doesn't look like it from the above swatch.

Wearing Raspberry Bite (It looked a bit more pink than this in real life, though!)

What's your favorite bright berry shade?


28 comments:

  1. I love the color! :( I wish they sold Revlon in Spain! :(
    I love my berry colored lippies! :D And both Cherries in the Snow and Raspberry Bite, look amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. delightlifeandstyleMarch 22, 2012 at 2:56 PM

    LOVE THE PICTURE OF YOU, GORGEOUS!

    You look like your having  a great time, and I love the bold lip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot, now I need to go buy Raspberry Bite! (: 
    You look gorgeous in that picture!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, i really like the shade if raspberry bite. it's not too dark but not too light that it washes you out. great pick!

    Shoetopia Giveaway -- 3 winners. Come and join! :D:)Carriehttp://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherries in the snow looks soooo nice!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that berry on you! Wine tones are so in right now! Looking gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7.  It looks so pretty on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely adore rebel! It is definitely one of my most favourite colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both you and Victoria look stunning in this shade! I think I need to pick it up in the hopes it'll do the same for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Will have to pick this up. I've been into wearing a bolder lip as well and I love it. I feel like it just livens up my face. I actually picked up Cherries in the Snow a few days ago.  Will look out for this one! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eva_Chic_ProfessionalMarch 22, 2012 at 8:19 PM

    Wow the colors really stand out on you! You look very lovely with berry lips.
    MAC Rebel is definitely a great one. I should try the other ones you suggested!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love me a good berry lip, and this one is super pretty. Also reminded me that I really need to get my hands on Cherries in the Snow, though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm just starting to be brave enough for bright lipstick, but these shades are gorgeous! 

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!!!!!!! I love this shade! :D I NEED this now. I love Victoria's blog! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY!! It looks beautiful on you!! :) Glad 

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oops didn't complete my previous comment. Raspberry Bite looks sooo beautiful on you! :) Glad I was able to inspire some successful lemmings ;) You really wear bright and rich lip colors well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous! i have all those revlon shades and they are such beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. marshakartaswardharmaMarch 23, 2012 at 1:03 AM

    Stunning ! the colour really stand out and pretty. I will try this :)
    BlushOff

    ReplyDelete
  19. it's a gorgeous lipstick, but I like the  Cherries in the Snow layered over Rebel combo the best!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely shades. Raspberry Bite suits you well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Revlon lipsticks, they are by far my favourite drugstore brand of lippie. That colour looks fab on you. You've definitely inspired me to rock the bold colourful lip next time I go out for the night :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so into a dark lip for spring.  Some say counterintuitive, I say ... I missed the bandwagon during winter.  :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Annnnnd there's two more shades of Revlon I need to own.  Thanks again as always, Tiffany. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I actually am loving darker shades right now. I was experimenting with a darker red lippy, and I thought it made my skin look brighter, and overall I liked the effect than a regular true red. Those darker hues look great on you! I'm going to hunt down those Revlon shades soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Berry/dark lips are my favorite! I love applying it sheerly to get a nice stain and also apply it fully to get a bold lip color! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Second Hand RoseApril 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM

    Wow that's a yummy colour and looks gorgeous on you! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great Post! I've been looking for a dupe for Mac Rebel. I can't find one anywhere! I guess Raspberry Bite will do. Thanks for the swatches and comparisons.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Rebel just screams vampiress to me! Oh my, they are such bold sultry shades! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...