2.19.2012

This Week's Products.

Just a quickie post showing the products that were on rotation this week!

Clockwise from bottom left:
Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Illusoire
Giorgio Armani Master Corrector in #1 Pink
Milani Liquif'Eye Pencil in Black
MAC Face Powder in Sunday Afternoon
Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer in 002 Beige
Chantecaille Just Skin Anti-Smog Tinted Moisturizer in Bliss

My dark under-eye circles have come back with a vengeance this week despite not having any exams to stay up late studying for, and I've been relying on my salmon undertoned Armani Master Corrector to nip that in the bud. I find that it leaves my under-eye area awkwardly pink looking, though, even after blending, so I remedy this by topping it off with my usual under-eye concealer: Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer. Problem solved!

MAC Face Powder in Sunday Afternoon

I love this! It's definitely not for everyone, but I had been on the market for a shimmery, pearly pink blush for quite some time now, and I definitely found it in Sunday Afternoon. I like to swirl all 3 shades together, and the result is the perfect shimmery, dolly pink flush! I'm about NC23ish right now, and I have no issues with getting this to show up on me.

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Illusoire

I've been swiping a quick layer of this all over my lids with my ring finger and adding smudged black liner (Milani Liquif'Eye Pencil is my go-to) and two coats of mascara before running out the door in the mornings. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative, I'd highly recommend checking out the Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadows. I swatched Chanel Illusoire next to Buxom Pug in this post, in case you're curious :)

Chantecaille Just Skin Anti-Smog Tinted Moisturizer in Bliss

My newest (and ridiculously overpriced) purchase. While I'm sure I will eventually use it up, I really don't think it's worth the hype, especially if you have oily skin like I do. It has a gorgeous, natural-looking finish immediately after application, but it starts breaking down on my skin within 5-6 hours. I've also noticed that it oxidizes on me, which is one of my top pet peeves when it comes to foundations and tinted moisturizers. If you have normal to normal-dry skin (ladies with super dry skin may find it doesn't provide enough moisturization) and are looking to blow some cash on a tinted moisturizer, however, I'd suggest giving this a go. If you'd like a more in-depth review in the coming weeks after I've had more time to test it out, let me know :)


I hope you all are having a great weekend!


20 comments:

  1. Aww Sunday Afternoon looks so cute! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do an in-depth review of the tinted moisturizer when you've tested it out long enough for one :) I've always wanted to try 
    Chantecaille products but the price is always setting me back. :) I love Sunday Afternoon, gorgeous color. Is it still available? 

    ReplyDelete
  3. saw a half empty chanel illusion d'ombre and though 'good on ya girlfriend, almost hit pan/pot' ... it is something only beauty bloggers would understand =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JessicaGettingCheekyFebruary 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

    I always get so excited when I see a post of yours in my feed! Though our skin is quite different (I'm mega dry), I would love to see a more in-depth review of the Chantecaille TM when you've had time to try it more ... I'm still on the fence, and if it oxidizes I'm not certain I even want to go there.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh thanks for the heads up on the chantecaille! now I will def be trying the NARS TM!!! wow you used soooo much of your Chanel shadow already! incredible!!!
    I was debating on the master corrector but you said what I feared, pink eyes! 

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, I wish! I actually depotted half of it and gave it away to a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll definitely review it then! I think it oxidizes because of the oils on my skin, so you might not have the same issue :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try the NARS one now too because of Jessica! And I actually depotted half of Illusoire and gave it to Danielle, haha. I can't ever finish products! I really like the master corrector though...I just have to layer it with another concealer. It really does conceal dark circles better than just using concealer on its own, I've found :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doesn't it? I'm a sucker for things like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the warning about the Chantecaille. I'd seen it on other blogs and was curious but those bloggers didn't have oily skin like me. I'll stick with my Stila <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kinda feel like I have to get the Sunday afternoon blush in honour of my blog haha but in all honesty it is a really pretty product :) what have you been using it as a blush or highlight? 

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blush looks gorgeous! I really like the whole imprint/pattern on the blush too :)
    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chantecaille must have the best foundation technology outside of Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i would love to see a review on chantecaille just skin ! personally, i love tinted moisturizers and they're the only base i wear so i'm always looking for new ones - this one's been on the wish list for a while! 
    like the commenter above, i also really want to try the NARS tm. (: 

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the MAC blush, but I own sooo many shimmery pink blushes! I've heard really good things about the Dior concealer, but does it settle into any fine lines?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Illusoire is awesome, I do love it for a toned down smokey look and it really compliments my eye colour! I wish I was a bit more adventurous so I could buy ebloui :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG... Chantecaille!!! Tanya from Pixi2woo makes it look so tempting, but I'm so glad to know your thoughts. I have combination skin, so it probably won't work too well on me either. Can't believe how $$ that little tube is!! 

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post! The blush looks lovely, as does Illusoire (sucks that I'm still waitlisted for it) and you've inspired me to get my Liquif'eye out of its packaging!
    As for the Armani corrector thingie - wow, at first glance I thought it was a lipgloss, you're right, it does seem way too pink!!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sunday Afternoon looks beautiful! Chantecaille has always been a brand that I've stayed away from, I always look at it from afar in Space NK but am always a little intimidated, I'm not really syre why! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Chanel D'Ombre  looks great! Is it like a cream or more like a cream-to-powder texture?

    Im having a giveaway, I would love if you would check it out!
    http://seventhingsbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/02/review-cutey-charm-bracelets-and.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...