2.12.2012

The Nudes.

Nude seems to be the recurring theme in my blush collection as of late :)

Clockwise from bottom left:
MAC Pleasureful
NARS Douceur
MAC Trace Gold
MAC Blushbaby
Tarte Exposed
Sleek Suede

The newest addition is Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed, a blush that seems to have garnered a cult following overnight. Essentially, I fell victim to the hype and purchased it on a whim when I really didn't need it, especially after seeing in online swatches how similar it was to MAC Blushbaby and NARS Douceur. Don't get me wrong - it's a lovely, everyday blush that goes with everything, and it's definitely a must-have if you don't already have dupes like yours truly.
Clockwise from bottom:
MAC Blushbaby
NARS Douceur
Tarte Exposed

L to R:
NARS Douceur
Tarte Exposed
MAC Blushbaby
Sleek Suede
MAC Pleasureful
MAC Trace Gold

Of Douceur, Exposed, and Blushbaby, Douceur is definitely the most different of the three, as it's more brown. Exposed and Blushbaby are nearly identical, with the main difference being that Exposed has a slightly more pinky-mauve undertone while Blushbaby leans more red. In my opinion, you really only need one or the other, although Silhouette Screams told me that the slightly more red undertones of Blushbaby makes her look like she suffers from rosacea, while Exposed does not.

Suede is more brown with just a touch of coral, while Pleasureful is a rosey tan shade from the discontinued Blushcreme line. Trace Gold is a peachy gold that looks far less shimmery on the cheeks than it does in swatches.

I also just had to mention one of my all time favorite blushes ever: Korres #15 Natural. In fact, I love it so much that I forgot to include it in this post -_- I only realized this as I was writing up the post. Sorry, guys! That blush definitely would've fit in with this post as well, and you can see a swatch of it here.

What's your favorite nude blush?


32 comments:

  1. I was just gonna say I've always wanted MAC Blushbaby, but since you say it's identical with Tarte Exposed, I don't think I will need that anymore!  Now I think I want to try MAC Trace Gold.  I've heard too many good things about it!  Someday, I will!

    x Rica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought Exposed due to hype too! and used it like once! damn. My favorite neutral blush is MAC's Tenderling!!! LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trace Gold is beautiful! 
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are so pretty and wearable! I'm totally coveting the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed. My fave nude blush at the moment is Becca Creme blush in Turkish Rose. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 all these nudes! They are so easy to wear because they just go with everything. Also, loving Trace Gold, why hasn't this even been on my radar before?? 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tarte's Exposed and MAC's Blushbaby are gorrrrrgeous! I've never seen Blushbaby before <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only nude blush I have is Mac Cubic, but I find that it's too neutral on me - it barely shows up! I might check out Tarte Exposed. 

    ReplyDelete
  8. delightlifeandstyleFebruary 12, 2012 at 6:47 PM

    I'm glad you did a post on this cause Tarte Exposed is on my wish list due to all teh HYPE, but I went throught my collection a pulled out Mac Strada and I should see how I like that again over the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MAC Pleasureful looks so pretty and so does Trace gold ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always wanted to get douceur! But seeing how similar blush baby is, maybe I will get that instead...

    ReplyDelete
  11. omigosh i am drooling over this post!!!! 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowww I love the look of Douceur! My favourite MAC Buff - it's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tones! I love nude! great tones that works perfect almost everyday and for everyone! thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post! And I love the look of the Tarte one, almost like Blushbaby's cousin! My favourite nude blushes are RBR Delicata and Blushbaby, in that order!!! ;)

    xx 

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a shade family definitely missing in my collection! I'm liking the look of the Tarte blush most. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think i've even tried a nude blush before, but blushbaby looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cargo Tonga. You've got to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I need 
    MAC Blushbaby in my life!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Because it's a cream blush.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow these are are beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am about to give into the hype, but I don't own nude blushes, so my soon to be purchase will at least be justified.
    But I have to say, these nude blushes all look super duper pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Korres #15 Natural! Mac Trace Gold is next on my wish list! It's such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Tarte Exposed looks really great. Thanks for swatching. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. i am sooo into nudes lately!!! these blushes are a must try for me!!! thanks so much for swatching them!!! its so hard to choose lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love my Cargo Tonga, but I've thinking of where I might go when it's finished.
    Out of NARS Doucer and Tarte Exposed, which do you think has the better texture and wear-time?

    ReplyDelete
  26. WillWorkForMakeupApril 3, 2012 at 11:33 PM

    Honestly, they're both pretty much the same. If I absolutely *had* to choose, I think I might say Douceur has slightly better texture, but on me, the wear time for both is the same. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks, hon. I have heard about NARS' incredible texture, but was worried that it would go brown on me. I think I may have to go to a physical store to be sure. By the way, what kind of skin do you have? I have combination/normal skin. I should have mentioned that when I asked about the wear time! Thanks for all your help :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. WillWorkForMakeupApril 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM

    No problem! My skin is more combination right now but generally, in the warmer months, it's oily.

    ReplyDelete
  29. omg...I need that one from tarte! Such a rich nude shade! *drool*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...