2.05.2012

Bright Lips > Dreary Winter

Although the weather here hasn't been that bad this past week, overall, it's much less sunny and cheerful than what I was used to in California. One of the simplest ways makeup can cheer me up (besides the most obvious way, which is buying more ;), is to wear a bright, statement lip.

Clockwise from bottom:
Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop
MAC Lady Danger
MAC Girl About Town
MAC Impassioned
MAC Rebel

L to R:
Lollipop
Girl About Town
Lady Danger
Impassioned
Rebel

My camera battery died right before I was able to snap a photo of a comparison between Revlon Lollipop and MAC Girl About Town in my Revlon Lip Butters post, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to  swatch them side by side. Lollipop is more blue-toned due to its purpley-blue shimmer, and it's also sheerer than Girl About Town (an amplified formula), although the colors are very similar.

Lady Danger is my newest MAC lipstick, and it's an in-your-face, almost neon, orange-red lipstick. It's a matte formula, which I prefer for red lipsticks. It is a bit drying, though, so I'd recommend exfoliating beforehand and following up with a moisturizing lip balm before applying it. Here's a camera phone photo I took a few weeks ago in less than ideal lighting. Even in the darker lighting, you can see how bright it is!

Impassioned is one of my favorite lipsticks ever, as it's the most gorgeous bright, watermelon pink. It's surprisingly flattering and always succeeds at lifting my mood when I wear it.

Rebel is a beautiful, purple-berry shade that is extremely fitting during the fall and winter months. I love wearing it on nights out, seen here in an extremely pixelated-due-to-cropping-then-enlarging photo :D (it looks more red than it is):


Do you turn to bright lipsticks for a quick mood boost during the winter months? What are some of your favorites?


22 comments:

  1. I am with you.  I love D&G Delight and Burberry Golden Peach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TackyblueeyeshadowFebruary 5, 2012 at 4:03 PM

    Rebel is on my wishlist. It looks lovely on you.  x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emi at project swatchFebruary 5, 2012 at 4:09 PM

    I love bright lips! My favorite right now is nars cruella, but Mac rebel is on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. between girl about town and lollipop, which do you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Wish I could get my hands on Impassioned, it is always sold out >< Gorgeous colours though, I love Lollipop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you! The weather in England is TERRIBLE :( but this does give me a good idea to perk up my winter blues! A bright lipstick :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome swatches! Another nice bright shade is Show Orchid, a personal favourite. 


    www.fuchsiatriangle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bold lips and bronzer is perfect for winter :) I need to get Impassioned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes i do turn to using bright lippies for low days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just got Pink Pigeon and its amazing...a neon hot pink is just the thing to lift your mood!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can honestly say that I love both of them but right now, I'm really loving more blue-toned pinks, so I'd have to go with Lollipop! It's quite a bit cheaper as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wanted Show Orchid for the longest time but never picked it up. It looks like such a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i definitely wanna get impassioned or vegas volt soon. and a bright neon pink statement lippy that i always keep missing due to mac's insanity -_-" hopefully i will be able to pick up one in their newest collection

    ReplyDelete
  14. i must, i must get my little hands on MAC impassioned!!! so true .. a bright lip always cheers up my mood too =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Rebel, it's my new favorite lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Impassioned is my favourite lipstick currently! But I defos want to ad rebel show orchid and girl about town to my collection. I love wearing bright lippies in the day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I almost love bright lipstick more in winter than spring/summer.  It's is the easiest way to cheer up my look.  Sonia Kashuk's Azalea has been my go-to.  I'm admittedly jealous that you rock Lady Danger with such confidence.  I love that color and am sincerely trying to find an orange-y shade that I feel alright wearing out of the house.  Do you have any other similar shades you love?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh I have none of these lip products... I love all the MAC ones .. there next on my list xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You need it! Impassioned is one of my favorite lipsticks ever!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think a good red lipstick is so hard to find. I had been looking for the perfect orangey-red for the longest time before I finally decided on Lady Danger. It's the only one I have though, so I can't really suggest any others :-/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lady Danger looks stunning on you! Need, want!!!! :) I am into bright lipsticks right now as well, they just lift my spirit carrying me right into spring!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love bright lippies. Girl About Town and Impassioned are some of my faves as well! Lady Danger is a lipstick that is definitely on my wishlist...so pretty!  :) 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...