12.15.2011

The Magical World of Tarina Tarantino.

Once upon a time, before I became obsessed with boring neutral eyeshadows, I was a lover of purple tones. In a rare moment inside Sephora a while back when my little fingers didn't immediately gravitate towards the nearest palette containing beiges and browns, I quickly found my heart set on this gem by Tarina Tarantino: the Jewel Shadow Palette in Magical.


I immediately thought the combination of shades was gorgeous and with one swatch of each buttery smooth shade, I was sold.



Clockwise from far left:
silvery, lilac-taupe
deep, red-eggplant
white pearl
mauvey-pink
pink pearl (center)

I apologize for the swatches being in a completely different order:
white pearl
mauvey-pink
silvery, lilac-taupe
deep, red-eggplant
pink pearl

Firstly, the pink pearl shade is 100x more gorgeous in real life than it appears in any of these photos! No matter how hard I tried, I just could not capture the luminescent pink sparkle. If anything, I'd recommend hunting down this palette in your local Sephora just to swatch that shade :)

The palette contains 5 shimmery shades (the mauvey-pink and silvery, lilac-taupe shades are the most shimmery) that all have fantastic pigmentation and are buttery smooth. They apply just as nicely as they swatch, and they have great lasting power (I've only used them with either UDPP or TFSI first, though). One of my favorite things about this palette is how cohesive the combination of shades is. It's clear that some thought went into the making of this palette so that it included a lid shade, a crease shade, a highlight shade, and a deeper shade to use either for liner or darkening up the outer v. The palette retails for $32.

Does this new love affair mean I'm going to be leaving my neutrals in the dust any time soon? Please, let's be real. But, when I feel like jazzing up my boring, everyday makeup with a bit of color and accentuating my brown eyes in the process, I know where to turn. Magical is my first taste of Tarina Tarantino products and I have to admit, I'm very pleasantly surprised.

To all my fellow neutral eyeshadow lovers: what sort of shades do you tend to go for when you want to add some color into your eye makeup?


19 comments:

  1. Wow, this palette looks stunning! I usually go for neutrals, too (so easy!), but I love a good dark green/teal or purple sometimes. I love how they make brown eyes pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I most definitely turn to my purples (DIOR Purple Look Duo) or sometimes greens (Wet & Wild Cool As A Cucumber trio) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiff!! I got the same palette just last weekend! In loveeeee... so "magical".. Couldn't believe how amazing the quality was, esp being only $32 for 5 shades.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god. What an absolutely gorgeous palette! *flailing* You're right; it's totally perfect for us normally-neutral girls ;) 

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful palette! I am very into purples this winter, but tha silver-lilac taupe is particularly calling out to me. I generally hear good things about the brand so it's a shame Tarina Tarantino (or Sephora for that matter) is not available in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of the eggplant shade! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I think these tones would look great on any eye color :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well pigmented, nice review, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. JessicaGettingCheekyDecember 16, 2011 at 7:47 AM

    I'm very much like you! Purples and aubergines are my go-to safe colors! I haven't tried any of Tarina Tarintino's shadows because so many of the colors seem a bit "out there" to me, but this looks divine! I want!!

    <3 Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh these are beautiful!!! i can't wait to see you do a look with them!!! Love the swatches! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so pretty in your swatches already. I bet it looks unreal in real life :) haha I love the colors.. I love purples too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PALETTE!!! *o* And the price isn't half bad either for such great quality. Will have to try to find this at my local Sephoras to see how well they swatch.

    I love using pinkish shades to add a bit of color over a medium-darker brown to create a subtle purple in between. :]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, I'd love to be able to get hold of the range here in England x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really deep forest greens always catch my eye. Btw I just started reading your blog and I absolutely love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a lovely palette - I need to investigate this brand some more, now that I'm in the States for a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much, Ariel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Let me know what you think, and have a fabulous time over here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh this looks beautiful! i'm on the fence with this or the urban decay mariposa palette! not sure which to get - since they are around the same price! 

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a total neutral gal too, and the funny thing is I gravitate to purple when I want colour too! LOL I also like pinks and greens as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...