10.01.2011

Falling into the rotation.

Sometimes I feel like once summer is gone, it's time to put away the bronzers (although I won't!), coral lipsticks, hot pink lipglosses, and bright colored eyeliners for something more season-appropriate. Right now, I'm starting to get more into wearing simple washes of warm, slightly smokey colors on my lids, deeper, berry blushes on my cheeks, and more vampy colors on my lips.

These are a few of the products that will start to be used more routinely now that fall is finally here :)

Clockwise from bottom right:
NARS Blush in Mounia
MAC MSF in Petticoat
Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Illusoire (swatched here)
Sephora Jumbo Liner in Taupe (swatched here)
Jouer Creme Eyeshadow in Cashmere (swatched here)
MAC Lipstick in Media
MAC Lipstick in Rebel
NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita
Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadow in Pug (swatched here)


L to R:
MAC Petticoat
NARS Mounia
NARS Dolce Vita
MAC Rebel
MAC Media

Although I used to use it daily when I first got it, I prefer to use Petticoat more at night time now, due to it's high shimmer factor. Mounia is gorgeous, as depicted by the swatch, but needs to be used with a very light and careful hand.

Dolce Vita is not a vampy or deep shade by any stretch of the imagination, but I threw it in here because I feel like it's the perfect variation on the classic nude lip for fall (and I suspect winter as well). It adds more warmth and color to my lips than the traditional nude (I'm wearing it here), which I like since my face (and lips) tend to lack some pigmentation when I'm cold. I already know Rebel will get used quite a bit, while I'm still trying to muster up some courage to wear Media out sometime :) Wish me luck!

What kind of shades/looks will you be wearing this fall?


19 comments:

  1. It's still quite hot where I live but I can't wait for the colder weather and start wearing fall colours!! I'm getting chanel illusoire this week can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all perfect for fall. :D
    I really like the MAC Petticoat. You're right. It does have a lot of shimmer lol. This fall I'm going to be wearing a lot of neutral shades mixed with bright colors.

    XoXo, Bree

    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee
     

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really like to try MAC Rebel, i think it's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree, i will use bronzer all year round, dont care if it isnt summer anymore! soo jealous of your mounia. i am still waiting patiently for it to show up somewhere for me to get it! and i really want to check out dolce vita. it looks so pretty and effortlessly flattering. love the look of media, im sure you can rock it! cant wait to see it on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are gorgeous fall choices. I love deep vampy colours like MAC Media for fall too. NARS Dolce Vita is a perennial favourite.

    I've put an order through for the Chanel Illusoire- can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've found that I've been moving to more fall tones too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to get Dolce Vita already, I feel like everyone owns it but me! XD  I need to bust out Rebel, I don't think it works that well on me but I'm determined to make it work since everybody else makes it look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. NARS Dolve Vita & MAC's Petticoat both look so pretty! Great Fall choices u have there.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daphnée Kwong WayeOctober 2, 2011 at 12:02 AM

    Good luck then! :) 
    It's true that it's sad to put aside bronzers and all but anyway... changes of seasons means changes of makeup and therefore we never get bored :)

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been debating whether to get a plum lipstick... might have to try one on when I visit a large city with a MAC :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love layering Petticoat over a matte cream blush. Immediately makes me look healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard so many good things about Dolce Vita! It looks so pretty with your skin tone! 

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, seriously wanting petticoat. It almost seems to be pulling its tones from your skin, so naturally flattering. Do you usually contour with bronzer? Contouring is great year-round :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luuuurvely shades, puurrrfect for fall!!!
    Excuse the excitement, but honestly, those are the exact shades I'm thinking about lately!!! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK! I have so many of the same products that you pictured but I neeeeeeed to break them back out and give them more love! Thanks for the product inspiration! 

    I am a new follower and I wanted to say that I love your blog.  If you have time please check mine out!  mynewestaddiction.blogspot.com

    <3 LJ

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to get the Mac Rebel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, with the matte ones. I love using Dior Honey Matte Bronzer, Benefit Hoola, or Chanel Bronze Universel :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much, Laura Jean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am seriously addicted to Rebel! Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...