9.10.2011

Stress-Induced Purchases.


I don't know if I'm the only one that does this, but when I'm stressed and I'm out shopping, I tend to buy more stuff than I normally would because I'm able to rationalize it by saying things like, "It's okay, I worked hard for this!" or "If this purchase will help lower my stress, then it's worth it!", etc. And since school has basically taken over my life recently, I hauled...and you know what? I do feel better :D

Clockwise from top left:
MAC Blush in Trace Gold
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Greed
MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Korean Candy
MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy
NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita

L to R:
UDPP in Greed
MAC Korean Candy
NARS Dolce Vita

Greed works just as well as the original UDPP, but I got it because I figured the pale, yellow gold would be an easy and pretty wash of color on the lids on days when you can't be bothered to apply much else. I like to think of it as a cream/liquid eyeshadow that just happens to also have amazing staying power :)

Korean Candy

Korean Candy is a bright, red-tangerine shade that I wanted because I thought it'd be the perfect pop of color to perk up my mood in the Fall and Winter when the weather is drab and depressing. I love the color but as with all Sheen Supremes, the lasting power isn't very good so I worry a bit about it transferring onto my teeth and everywhere else when I'm wearing it...kind of a pain, but hopefully the gorgeous color will make it worthwhile.

Dolce Vita

Dolce Vita is a lipstick that as soon as I wore it, I knew it was going to be HG status. I think it's hard to have just one HG lipstick because I like different shades, textures, and finishes depending on what kind of look I'm going for, but Dolce Vita's sheer, rosey color and natural finish just make it so versatile and easy to wear. The best part is that it feels like a lip balm! LOVE. So glad I listened to my blogging ladies on this one :)

L to R:
Milani Liquif'Eye Pencil in Brown
MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy
Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Whiskey

The above photo shows off my brown eyeliner collection...in other words, it's very lacking. Before I got Teddy, I only had matte brown eyeliners and I was on the market for a brown that packed a little more punch. Teddy is a slightly metallic, red-brown that does just that.


L to R:
Dior Amber Diamond
MAC Trace Gold

Last, but not least, is Trace Gold, which I kind of purchased on a whim because I wanted something different from the coral, pink, and berry blushes I normally go for. I don't really hear that much about Trace Gold (apart from Sandra and it looks amazing on her!), but so far, I'm definitely happy with my purchase. It's not nearly as shimmery as I thought it was going to be, and I don't find that it accentuates my pores at all like overly shimmery face products tend to do. On my NC25 complexion, it's a soft, peachy gold blush, but on darker skintones, I'd imagine it would function more as a highlight...think of a deeper Dior Amber Diamond type of shade but with less sheen :)


Do you tend to haul more or less when you're stressed out? Please tell me I'm not the only one! Happy Saturday, everyone :)


43 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a emotional shopper. I feel as if it will make my day better if I've just had a horrible day, and/or really stressed. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dangerous to my wallet when I'm stressed out!!! Definitely don't feel bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not the only one... I most definitely seem to not only shop more often but for more things when I stressed! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had some stress induced purchases too lately =)  I need Dolce Vita in my life, but I keep procrastinating on it. It looks beautiful on your lips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. Dolce Vita looks just amazing!! I love all the products, but that lipstick is gorgeous! In need it to have for my Dolce Vita;DDD

    ReplyDelete
  6. This entire haul is gorgeous! Korean candy is suuuch a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely buy more when stressed! How do you like your brown eye liners? I really like brown eyeliner for my eyes, but they do run a lot on me, and I look like raccoon. Do you recommend those three?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a total emotional shopper. My last post is about the very same thing, except I try to only buy cheaper products on those stress induced shopping hauls in case I buy stuff that I might regret later. Your purchases however don't look regretful at all! FAb haul!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shopping cures all haha. Korean Candy looks like a gorgeous color! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're not the only one!  I recently hauled big, due to school-related stress, as well :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. apriljoyyyy.blogspot.comSeptember 10, 2011 at 5:15 PM

    I love the Dolce Vita lipstick! I know how you feel about stress induced purchases! I swear I probably wouldn't be blogging if it wasn't for my stress induced purchases! 

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I do that too at times. It really gives a relief feeling of buying something you like! Just make sure to still have a great judgement while buying whilst stressed since we don't want to regret things we're buying. Haha. :)

    I love that NARS lipstick!

    xoxo,
    LoveSkinBest

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, trace gold almost looks like a dupe of amber diamond. I hope you'll show it on your cheeks? I giggled at your title for this post because it's so true! I'm glad this haul helped with your stress a little.  Korean Candy is nice but Dolce Vita is incredibly beautiful in your picture (and I'm serious, because MLBB shades usually get a "meh" from me).  Isn't Greed UDPP so pretty? Hope you're having a nice weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl I totally haul more when I am stressed! Online shopping and Target do me in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been trying to resist Korean Candy because I wasn't sure of the formula but the color is so pretty! I'd love to see it on you on a FOTD along with Trace Gold as I have the same skin tone as you. And I feel better as well when I'm stressed! You are not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Korean Candy on your girl, it's totally your kind of color! Dolce Vita looks stunning as well, I'm making a mental note of it so I can check it out next time I'm at Sephora :) Shopping makes a lot of us feel better in hard/stressed times, and I think you definitely deserve it for accomplishing all these amazing goals in your life Tiffany :) Hope you're having a great weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo Dolce Vita looks lovely :) I'm the opposite I tend to haul more when I'm chilled out because when I'm stressed I just stress about the money I'm spending :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Korean Candy on you.  No, you're not the only one to sucumb to stress buying.  I buy food, makeup, and yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely haul! Love the lipsticks! :) and I know what you're talking about when you say that you need to go shopping when you're stressed. I do too! :)

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey we all deserve a lil something something sometimes! i think that's how i felt when I purchased 3/4th my make up collection! u have some amazing new stuff to play with!! korean candy looks like the perfect pick me up color from the dreary weather 

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm definitely guilty of that. I normally spend 2-3x more when I'm stressed or under pressure =/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh, Teddy looks amazing! I've really been loving brown liner lately.  I've mostly been using my Lord It Up pearlglide from last year's holiday collection, but when that runs out, Teddy might be a nice replacement... Oh, and Trace Gold is gorgeous! Also love the lippies, of course, and the Greed UDPP.  I like using just Sin UDPP on my eyes on lazy days, too.  I prefer the shimmery shades to the original UDPP, too - I think they last longer without creasing (at least for me!).  

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great stress induced haul! "Dolce Vita" and "Teddy" seem so pretty from your swatches! Ah yes, school can be very stressful at times. Hang in there! You def. deserve all the you've bought. heh heh. I tend to do the same. I've had a very stressful week so...online shopping therapy has been my weakness. I'm so tempted to click check out from 2 stores. lol. :3 Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. definitely not the only one - stress and shopping (and overspending) seem to go hand in hand .. i try to limit myself to 'one' item .. but it's very hard.
    loving MAC korean candy, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. haha I do this all the time too- I've got heaps of uni work on atm so I'm planning on hitting the makeup counters tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I also do that :D
    haha i thought im the only one^^
    well, i think its okay if you work for it...and if its fun for you to use all of these products ;)
    xoxo,
    Amelie

    ReplyDelete
  27. yes, retail therapy is the best stress reliever. works for me :)

    http://ilvoeshopping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow they are so pretty! :D i love korean candy that is such a pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Trace Gold looks stunning! It's definitely something I need to buy now that I've seen this post. I'm terrible for shopping far too much, when I'm stressed or bored are the main reasons I shop. Mainly when I'm bored though if I'm honest, it's terrible!

    Gem x
    www.twinklebug.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I do it all the time!
    I was dreadful during my A levels! Couldn't help myself :')
    Dolce Vita looks gorgeous, really beautiful and versatile.

    Makeup for Biochemists

    Love
    Lou
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would say the majority of my makeup purchases are stress induced. It seems I can reason better when I'm stressed. I really love the look of Korean Candy. I love a good glossy lipstick. 
    Hope school is going well for you. 
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mac Trace of gold is such a pretty color. Just as much I love using is as a blusher, I use this as an all over face too just to give me that sheen and healthy glow to my face. Love your purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I recently bought Teddy and it's such a pretty eye liner! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. I can't speak for Teddy yet since I just got it and have only used it once, but UD Whiskey and Milani Brown are both excellent brown liners. Neither of them run or smudge on me, but Milani tends to last longer out of the two...which is all day! I'd definitely recommend them, although Whiskey was only available in the older Naked Palettes (not on it's own), and I have experienced smudging with other UD 24/7 liners before, just not with Whiskey in particular...just something to be aware of :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. oh I do the same thing, so happy to read someone else does too :) both of those lipsticks are gorgeous! good luck w/ school! xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ick. I'm about to go do this. I know I shouldn't as my no-spend-ban and P30P start in just 8 days but I can't help myself - it will relieve the stress and feel so good for the first few days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I hope to see how the Trace Gold looks on....i am always so inspired by the way you use your products. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Whoa! P30P?! Good luck! You definitely deserve a few purchases before starting that, in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you, Courtney! I actually wore Trace Gold in this post, but keep in mind it may look like it adds more color to my cheeks than it really does because I also have bronzer on :) http://willworkformakeup.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-makeup-makeup.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. such a great haul! Korean candy make your lips look soo luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  41. LOVE that Mac lipstick... what a fun colour!

    i get what you mean by shopping when stressed... i also shop after school tests because somehow i trick myself into thinking i need a treat ... story of my life

    http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...