7.25.2011

Products I'm Loving Right Now ♥ Vol.VII



+NARS Blush in Mounia+
I finally got my hands on Mounia...thank goodness for All Cosmetics Wholesale! Yes, I know, it's more of a Fall/Winter blush but I honestly don't care (probably because it's still a fairly new acquisition :D). The berry-red with tiny pink shimmer is absolutely gorgeous, and I just can't seem to get enough of it! Just a word of caution: Mounia is a fairly dark shade and extremely pigmented and as a result, may require some practice with the application and experimentation with different brushes in order to avoid the dreaded clown cheeks.

+Dior Matte Bronzer in 002 Honey Matte+
Surprise, surprise. If you've been a long time follower of my blog, you'll know that Honey Matte is my favorite bronzer. I recently got a few new bronzers that I'll probably review or compare at some point or other, but I always seem to go back to Honey Matte when I want the perfect, no-fuss sunkissed glow that doesn't require a particular brush or special application techniques to make it work. It just works.

+Benefit Sugarbomb+
Sugarbomb gives me the perfect subtle, glowy cheeks that works with pretty much any and every look. And for those who are wondering, I'm currently around NC25-27 and it definitely shows up on me :) 

+Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso+
I've been reaching for Luminoso on days when I still want glowy, luminous cheeks but want a bit more color than Sugarbomb. It's a gorgeous pinky-peach (it's more peach than pink), and it's so pigmented and applies so smoothly that you'd never know it came from the drugstore.

+L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara+
I have a love/hate relationship with L'Oreal Voluminous - the formula is fantastic but it always smudges on me! I just started a new tube of Cover Girl Lash Blast and I'm not sure if any one else knows what I'm talking about, but I just feel as though mascara generally isn't very good when it's a brand new tube. I love Lash Blast but in it's first few days/weeks, it doesn't pack on as much mascara to my lashes as I'd like, so I've been using Voluminous as a base for volume, and topping it off with a coat of Lash Blast to seal it in and prevent smudging throughout the day - win, win!!

+MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Calm Mode+
I've jumped back on the nude lip band wagon in recent weeks (I'll going to show you what I believe may be my new favorite nude gloss very soon!), and Calm Mode is one of the few nude lip products that I've put back into rotation. I actually find the formula really moisturizing, and the color translates to a subtle (meaning not opaque nude) pinky-nude on my lips. I love the lavender scent, too - too bad it's limited edition :( Oh, by the way, I'm thinking of getting MAC Hue Lipstick...any thoughts? Keep in mind, I'm not into the super nude lip...

+Sephora Jumbo Liner in Taupe+
I LOVE this. I've used it both on my lash line (top and bottom) and all over my lid before. It applies really smoothly from the pencil, and when I use it on my lid, I just use my ring finger to blend out the color at the crease. It's easy to blend immediately after you apply it but after that, it doesn't budge for hours...like, a lot of hours! For example, I wore it on my lower lash line last week for 15+ hours (7:15am to 10:45pm) and it was completely intact when I went to go remove my makeup. Another day when I wore it all over my lid over UDPP, it lasted at least 12 hours (I lost track after that and forgot to check later that night) and didn't crease or fade at all. AT ALL, you guys! I don't know if everyone else will experience the same awesomeness I did, but I just wanted to let you know that my experience with this jumbo pencil was AH-MAZING. I didn't swatch it today because the sun was going down, but I'm definitely going to do a more in-depth post about it (and maybe some other taupe-y things) in the next few weeks.

What have you guys been loving lately??


52 comments:

  1. I love many of the above products as well :)
    Fantastic photo it really captures the items, thanks for sharing

    Oh and you have also added an item to my "to buy" list 

    Have a lovely week :)
    www.shespeaksofbeauty.com

    -RenayShanel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god. "Mounia" actually means "vaginas" in greek, in a very very inappropriate way. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I had NO idea ACW had NARS! I haven't been to that site in months. That's awesome! I actually should be getting Mounia in the mail tomorrow through a swap. I'm real excited to try it - SO happy you like it.. that probably means I'll like it too. I was a little nervous it'd be too dark.

    You seem to really love that Dior Bronzer. I think I need it in my life! LOL

    Lovely picks! I love posts like these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower and I've been obsessed with your blog! I'm trying to read through it all...hehe to any attempts to curb my makeup appetite.

    Oh and I've been loving my Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base + Buxom Mascara!

    I have a beauty blog too (ophereviews.tumblr.com/) if you're ever free =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. JessicaGettingCheekyJuly 25, 2011 at 8:27 PM

    Hearing you ladies talk about those Sephora jumbo liners has really interested me! I feel like the Sephora products end up being pretty comparable to Urban Decay's products ... their waterproof Flashy Liners are as good if not better than the 24/7 liners!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. mounia looks beautiful!! definitely getting that shade next. and i have the same problem with lashblast...when i first get it i LOVE it but i feel like after a week or so i REALLY have to work to get the same results as how it was when it was a brand new tube :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've been searching for a matte bronzer for a while, will have to swatch Dior Matte Bronzer Honey (love makeup named after food!). i'm really loving benefit in balla bamba, pefect golden pink blush =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mounia looks super pretty! 

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a love hate relationship w/Loreal Volumious Carbon as well. I used it this morning and it's all perfect and stuff but it smudges by the end of the day. Sometimes it doesn't, =p I think you should get Hue, I think it'll look good on you. I like Creme Cup because it's really natural looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh calm mode looks pretty!!! i actually own it but have not used it bc i have yet to fin petting pink, this post makes me itchy to get it out!!i DEF NEED to get my hands on that bronzer!!! 

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the MAC Lip Conditioners, esp the tinted ones because they still hold up to the hydration of the lip conditioner in the tube but have a nice tint to them. I wish I could finish mine quicker so I can try out a new shade. These little pots last forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been loving Luminiso too, such a nice shade. Want to try a MAC lip conditioner, they seem to be popular and I like lavender scented prodz for my lips=)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really wanna try the Sephora Jumbo Liner in Taupe! Looks like a promising product!

    I've been enjoying wearing coloured eye liners lately! 

    ReplyDelete
  14. NYX cream blush in Natural + Milani baked blush in Luminoso
    Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
    Wet n Wild Walking on Eggshells 
    Dollywink liquid eyeliner
    and I do the opposite! I put Lash Blast as a base and build with Voluminous! I should try your way and see if it really sets it in cuz it smudges on me too! Except Voluminous takes out the curl in my lash which is why I use Lash Blast first~

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these posts from you! Would love to see a FOTD with Mounia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Runs off to ACW

    I Just got the L'Oreal volumious and so far I'm loving it :) Dying to pick up some lashblast when I go to the states! 

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. More lovely picks!
    I'm very interested by the Sephora liner, it looks gorgeous :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh, lovely choices! I really like the look of the baked blush, such a pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been loving tinted lip conditioners too, the Sleek ones. I don't think you get them in the US though :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really want to try the Sephora shadow sticks! Bloomin Beauty raved about them, and I've been dying to try them ever since! I've been loving my NARS orgasm blush lately - I find it looks much better on me during the summer than in the winter! 

    ReplyDelete
  21. We have the same skintone and Hue washes me out a little bit. If you have dry and chapped lips, then stay away with Hue as it accentuates every bit of flakiness and lines.  I love to use it as a base to subtly wash out the outer rim of my lips and then top with something bright in the center.  

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving the Nars blush. I really need to start looking at investing in some Nars products.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You should definitely get Hue lipstick! The coverage is sheer and buildable, you won't be left with super pale nude lips if you control the coverage ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Naked palette and the Primer Potion from Urban decay.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I also love the Sephora Pencil in Taupe! It's my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I *love* it when you do these posts, because I'm a big fan of living vicariously through everybody else's purchases ;] I really want to try Mounia and Luminoso. 

    ReplyDelete
  27. Does the L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara hold curl well? I have very straight lashes and need a good mascara to hold the curls after I use a curler

    ReplyDelete
  28. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:22 PM

    Ooo, what did you add to your "to buy" list? :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:23 PM

    Yes, I really do LOVE that bronzer!! And I had never ordered anything off of ACW before but a friend sent me a link to Mounia on there because she knew that I'd been looking for it forever but it wasn't available anywhere anymore. So glad I got it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:23 PM

    Thank you! Does using a mascara base really make a big difference? I'm curious to try one now!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:24 PM

    I *think* Mounia may be discontinued now? Not sure :( Yeah, I really love Lash Blast but I think I like L'Oreal Voluminous even more, if only it didn't smudge :(

    ReplyDelete
  32. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:25 PM

    Ooo, I like Bella Bamba too! I love the smell also :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:25 PM

    It's even more gorgeous in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  34. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:26 PM

    Great! I think I might B2M for Hue next... :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:26 PM

    Yes, you need to get this bronzer! It's my favorite of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  36. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:27 PM

    They really do! I don't really want to finish up Calm Mode too quickly though because I don't really love any of the shades from the permanent line :(

    ReplyDelete
  37. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:27 PM

    I love Calm Mode tinted lip conditioner, but the others from the perm line don't have the lavender scent :(

    ReplyDelete
  38. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:28 PM

    It's AMAZING!! Such a great product for only $10!

    ReplyDelete
  39. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:29 PM

    Aww, really? I don't find that Voluminous lifts a curl necessarily, but I also don't have a problem with it taking out a curl either. That's a bummer :( I really like WnW Walking on Eggshells too!

    ReplyDelete
  40. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:29 PM

    I'll do one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  41. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:30 PM

    Are you from the UK? I think there's a Max Factor one that's almost exactly like Lash Blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:30 PM

    It's amazing! Get it when you come to the US!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:30 PM

    It's one of my favorites, which is saying a lot since I have very few drugstore blushes :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:31 PM

    No, we don't but I do have Pink Cadillac from a swap! I really like it too but I can't stand the scent :(

    ReplyDelete
  45. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:32 PM

    Yes, the Sephora pencils are amazing, Kelly! You should definitely give them a go. And I have a love/hate relationship with Orgasm...sometimes I don't think it looks very good on me, although I think it looks amazing on most other people!

    ReplyDelete
  46. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:33 PM

    Aww, really? Bummer. Good to know, though. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:33 PM

    Yeah, a lot of people seem to love NARS! I love their blushes but I don't have too many of their other products, I have to admit.

    ReplyDelete
  48. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:34 PM

    I think I'll try it on my lips next time I'm there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:34 PM

    I love both of those too :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:34 PM

    It's so amazing! Do you have any of the other shades?

    ReplyDelete
  51. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:34 PM

    Haha, me too! I love living vicariously through everyone else's blogs :D

    ReplyDelete
  52. WillWorkForMakeupAugust 3, 2011 at 2:35 PM

    Not as good as Lash Blast in my opinion, but it's decent. Another commenter above mentioned that Voluminous takes out her curl, though :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...