7.02.2011

My Top 10 Beauty Products.


I was tagged by J. from Lil Lady's Life to talk about my top 10 beauty products, and I was super excited because I love doing 'My Top ____' and 'My Favorite ____' type of posts :D

Here we go...

1:: Dior Amber Diamond. Some people really love this; others think it's overrated. For me, it happens to be my favorite highlighter of all time. It's not too subtle but also not too disco ball...it's just perfect for me :) Link to swatch here.

2:: Dior Matte Bronzer in 002 Honey Matte. I have a feeling this shade may be a bit too light for me if I get any color in the Summer, but since I'm usually pretty pale nowadays, not only is this particular shade perfect for me, but the powder is so smooth, easy to blend, and natural looking. Love. Love. Love. Link to swatch here.


3:: Korres Blush in #15 Natural. I said back in late-December/early-January that this was my favorite blush of 2010, and it still remains a staple in my collection. It goes with everything (makeup and clothes), and I just find the color incredibly flattering on my skin tone. Link to swatch here.


4:: Origins VitaZing. I love this more and more every time I use it. Even when I'm not suffering from any breakouts, my skin is still really dull and just...blah. VitaZing not only adds moisture (it's a moisturizer, after all), but it adds luminosity and radiance to my skin. I don't experience any greasiness with it either, but I always make sure to powder over it, even if I'm not wearing any real foundation. Link to review here.

5:: Make Up For Ever Face & Body Foundation in #20. It's my HG foundation. Link to review here.

6:: Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette. I think the photo says it all, really. I've more than hit pan all the 3 concealers in the palette (the powder has a noticeable dip in it as well), and I already have another palette on reserve in the depths of my makeup drawer :) Link to review here.


7:: MAC 217 Brush. While I love a lot of my eye brushes and will continue to use them, this is the only eye brush I really need. It's the ultimate multi-tasking eye brush (and concealer brush!), and it's defintely a must-have, in my opinion!

8:: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. I've used drugstore eyelash curlers in the past (a Revlon one and something else), and they all broke after a short while and never worked as well as this Shu Uemura one to begin with. I have relatively short and extremely straight lashes (not a curl in sight!) so curling is a must, and this curler is the best I've tried.

9:: Urban Decay Primer Potion. Having oily skin also means I have oily eyelids, which means that eye makeup can have a tendency to crease and not last as long on me. Not only does UDPP make my eyeshadow and eyeliner last all day without any creasing or fading, it also helps to enhance the color and vibrancy of my eyeshadows. 


10:: Carlson's Norwegian Cod Liver Oil (lemon flavor). I realize this one is kind of the odd ball in my top 10 list, since it's neither makeup nor a tool to aid in the application of makeup. I had to include it, though, because it has caused such a vast improvement in the state of my skin. I use this in conjunction with a few different products for my acne, but I have no doubt that the key players in the clear-up and control of my acne were/are this (2 tablespoons taken each day) and La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo (used 2x a day for the first few months and now down to 1x a day). 


I don't like to tag people for tags, usually, because I don't want them to feel pressured to do the tag if they don't want to. Sooo...if you'd like to do this tag, please feel free :) 

 You can also tell me your top 10 beauty products in the comments below if you'd like :D


48 comments:

  1. Omg I was about to do this tag too! :)) Enjoyed reading your top 10, obviously 1 of them was a given... the beautiful Amber Diamond, woot! It's definitely in my top 10 as well :) And so are UDPP and MAC 217!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, gonna have to check out the cod liver oil

    vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for doing this!!! great list!!! the 217 really is the only brush u need for a perfect eye!!! the Dior bronzer has been on my wishlist for months bc of u, and the cod liver oil thing is not weird!!!! i have picked it up many times but have yet to purchase bc i heard it does amazing things for skin and hair! now that I see it's on ur top 10 i am DEF buying it this time!!! Yay for tags! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually surprised that Aurora isn't on here, however I have to agree 100% with the Shu Uemura lash curler.  I've had the same one for at least five years and it still works/look like new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those are great product choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading these! I'm really considering that Origins Vitazing, I've just heard sooo many good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7.  I'm totally going to try the codliver oil! How do you usually take it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swatched Amber Diamond for the first time the other night.....all I can say is that I can see why it gets so much attention! A beautiful sheen and no crazy shimmer or glitter particles. :) 

    Can I ask how you take the Cod Liver Oil? I'd be willing to try it if it'll clear up my skin.....but yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool post! I love UDPP, I don't know what I'd do without it! 

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome picks! I want to try Dior Amber Diamond soooo bad! It looks so pretty! I am so going to do this post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 2, 2011 at 10:33 PM

    I can always count on you to share my love for Amber Diamond, haha. And I can't wait to read your post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 2, 2011 at 10:33 PM

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 2, 2011 at 10:36 PM

    You should definitely try it! Let me know how it goes if you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 2, 2011 at 10:37 PM

    I LOVE Aurora, but I can only choose 10 things after all...believe me, it was hard! I've had my curler for several years as well but I'm already using my second pad thing...do you know if there's a way to buy more?

    ReplyDelete
  15. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 2, 2011 at 10:37 PM

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 2, 2011 at 10:38 PM

    I thought it was okay when I first started using it, but now I feel like I can't live without it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 2, 2011 at 10:38 PM

    I take 2 tablespoons of it by mouth (just drink it by itself) either right before or right after dinner usually :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 2, 2011 at 10:40 PM

    Amber Diamond *is* pretty amazing ;) How is NARS Albatross, by the way? I've never tried that one but it looks nice.

    And for the Cod Liver Oil, I take 2 tablespoons of it by mouth (just drink it by itself) either right before or right after dinner usually. I most definitely think it's been a huge factor in clearing up my skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 2, 2011 at 10:40 PM

    I love it too! I forgot to pack it on 2 trips when I was travelling a few months ago and I wanted to cry! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 2, 2011 at 10:41 PM

    Great! It's such a fun post to do :) And I LOVE Amber Diamond! It's so worth the money, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I feel Albatross is a bit overrated, it looks exactly like a shadow in the Cargo Los Angeles palette. I'm LOVING Orgasm and Laguna though <3 

    Ooooh you're brave! Or does it not taste as nasty as I imagine it does? D: 

    ReplyDelete
  22. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 3, 2011 at 12:02 AM

    I've only tried the lemon flavored one and it just tastes like lemon (ie not fish at all). The unpleasant part isn't the taste but the consistency since you're just gulping down 2 tablespoons of oil. It's not that bad though. You get used to it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. prettyinthedesertJuly 3, 2011 at 1:51 AM

    Oh I take cod liver (but in pill form) and I love it! I started taking it because my skin was getting dry and flaky. And I can really tell a difference when I don't take it for a while. It got rid of all of my dry patches :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your killing me - I want the amber diamonds so bad... I have the dior bronzer in Honey Matte and im in love... I love top ten posts - keep them coming - Natalie 

    http://roxanneoak.blogspot.com/ 

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are such great products, i now want to try all of them! Haha, does the Cod Liver Oil taste nicer in Lemon flavour?:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh I am very tempted to do this tag! That Dior Bronzer is tempting me... x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I knew Sonia Kashuk would be your favourite!!! I need to try mine to see how that goes!! Im loving the post, once again Tiff!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm sure you've already done a post on this (if so can you let me know the link), but I would love to hear all of your acne treatment secrets. Mine has gotten out of control. My whole face is broken out. Im embarrassed to go out in public. Do you think the cod liver oil works as well in the pill form? I'm not sure I can stomach the oil. 
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love looking into other people's favourite products, you can find some great gems! I was planning on getting the Korres blusher but my local Korres closed :( x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I used to regret buying the Origins Vitazing, but it's actually pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ugh I want one of the Dior Highlighter so badly! The Cod Liver oil is such a great idea and I'm definitely going to try it out. I have fairly decent skin, but still get breakouts and acne and want to just completely rid myself of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great products you have there Tiff. I finished up a whole SK concealer palette and totally forgot how much I love it. I should buy another one. I also love Mac's 217 brush. Dior amber diamond and mufe face & body foundation is on my wishlist. :) I might post my top 10 products too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 4, 2011 at 12:52 AM

    Oh, good to know it works in pill form too! People ask me all the time and I have no idea since I've only taken the liquid form. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 4, 2011 at 12:52 AM

    Thanks, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  35. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 4, 2011 at 12:52 AM

    I've never tried the regular flavor so I'm not sure :-/ The lemon one tastes just like lemon, though - not fishy at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 4, 2011 at 12:53 AM

    Yes, please! I'd love to read your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  37. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 4, 2011 at 12:53 AM

    Thanks, Kirsty! And yes, I'm obsessed with that concealer palette :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 4, 2011 at 1:00 AM

    Aww, I'm sorry to hear that, Alicia :( Believe, I know what you're going through because I was the same way for 7 years up until only a few months ago.

    I've never tried the cod liver oil in pill form, but a commenter above uses it and says it works well for her so it's worth a shot! And honestly, the lemon flavored one just tastes like lemon (ie not fishy at all), but the oily consistency is a bit weird to get used to gulping down.I tried several different products all at once towards the beginning of the year when my acne started clearing up and at the time, I wasn't sure which product(s) were responsible for clearing up my acne. I've stopped using several of those products now and since my skin is still as clear as it was a few months ago, I feel confident saying that I *believe* that it was mostly due to taking 2 tablespoons of cod liver oil 2x a day and applying the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo to my entire face morning and night.I don't use an acne face wash (just regular Cetaphil) and I'll only occasionally use an astringent or toner, so I know that those products don't really have anything to do with my clear skin. When I do get a blemish, I apply Mario Badescu's Drying Cream just to the blemish right before bed and it seems to go away within a day or two.Hope that helps and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 4, 2011 at 1:01 AM

    Aww, I'm sorry. Maybe try ordering online? I LOVE that blush!

    ReplyDelete
  40. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 4, 2011 at 1:03 AM

    I agree! I can totally see why people might think it's overrated though (just because it doesn't have coverage and can be a bit too dewy), but I personally really love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 4, 2011 at 1:03 AM

    Yes, you should definitely give it a try then! I don't know if it works for everyone, but it's worth a try I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 4, 2011 at 1:04 AM

    You totally should! It's such a fun post to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I want to buy the shu uemura eyelash curler, too. It sounds very good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  44. i have to say i'm quite surprised not to see any lip products here in you top 10 can i take it that you're more into foundations,blushes and bronzers basically face products more than lip products?

    ReplyDelete
  45. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 5, 2011 at 9:18 PM

    It's totally a must-have for me!

    ReplyDelete
  46. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 5, 2011 at 9:22 PM

    Hmmm...not sure. I LOVE lip products too, but I guess I just don't have any particular shades of lipgloss or lipstick or anything that I couldn't live without, you know? Whereas a good foundation, a good concealer, etc., can be really hard to find, I feel like I could use pretty much any lip product I had lying around (not to say I don't have my favorites though). I don't know - it's hard to explain! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great picks girl!!!! I could definitely see some of those items in this list, you've raved about them so much in the past!!! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  48. I was searching out the post you did that made me finally buy La Roche Posay Effaclar duo because I started using it a week or so ago and it has already made a really big difference in my breakouts so I wanted to say THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...