7.18.2011

Blush & Bronzer-in-One.

After posting about blush & highlight hybrids, it seemed only fitting to post about hybrids of the blush-bronzer sort as well :)

Clockwise from far left:
Dior Nude Glow Healthy Glow Summer Powder in Aurora
Korres Blush in #15 Natural
The Body Shop Baked-to-Last Bronzer in 01
MAC Mineralize Blush in Light Over Dark
MAC Blushcreme in Pleasureful


Left to right:
Dior Nude Glow Healthy Glow Summer Powder in Aurora
Korres Blush in #15 Natural
The Body Shop Baked-to-Last Bronzer in 01
MAC Mineralize Blush in Light Over Dark
MAC Blushcreme in Pleasureful

Dior Aurora has to be the most talked about blush-bronzer hybrid in recent months. Its smooth texture and flawless finish with a slight sheen are nothing short of heavenly. I believe it's meant to be a bronzer first and foremost, but its strong peachy-tan with a hint of pink undertone makes it a fantastic, Summery blush as well. When you apply it, you'll realize how great of a blush-bronzer-in-one it is because you'll be confused as to whether you should add a blush or bronzer to it, and that's simply because in actuality, you need neither as it is perfect on its own :)

I am still under the impression that despite talking it up so much on my blog, I am still the only person that has and likes Korres #15 Natural for some reason...fine by me, I guess :D It's a slightly shimmery neutral, pinky-brown blush that has a gorgeous sheen rather than true shimmer. I'm not sure what else there is to say about this blush that I haven't already said in the past, but it truly is the perfect neutral blush for me in that it flatters my skin tone at both its fairest and most tan, and it complements any and every makeup look.

The Body Shop baked bronzer in shade 01 is a bronzer (obvi!), but I find that it's much more flattering when it assumes more of a blush role than a bronzer role because it is SO shimmery! In my opinion, it really isn't suitable used as a traditional bronzer, unless you're going for the tanned disco ball look. When used just on the cheeks as you would a blush, however, it gives a beautiful, albeit potentially dramatic, golden glow to the skin. I find it's the most flattering on medium to darker skin tones and is more appropriate when used in the Summertime, especially on nights out.

Next is by far the most shimmery/glittery of the lot, and it is MAC Light Over Dark. The swatch is of both halves swirled together. It's more shimmery, golden, and orange-toned than The Body Shop bronzer, but the idea is the same for me. I sometimes find its shimmer a bit excessive, so I would definitely reserve it for nighttime use only nowadays.

Lastly, we have MAC Pleasureful, a shade that unfortunately, was discontinued even before the Blushcreme line was discontinued :( My lovely friend Danielle found this one for me at a CCO...thanks, Danielle! Pleasureful is a rosy, peachy-tan cream blush. I find that when I apply it, it appears much more peachy-tan than it does rosy like it does in the swatch. It isn't a bronzer at all, but the warmth it gives to the cheeks makes bronzer unnecessary, in my opinion.


What are some of your favorite blush-bronzer hybrids?


41 comments:

  1. Soo pretty! I love your choices! Your photos are always eye candy. I can browse your blog for hours. :) Awesome swatches too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I don't own a single one of these! Well I could have owned Pleasureful when I spotted a bunch of them at a CCO couple months ago but it just didn't stand out to me :/ I honestly cannot think of any hybrids, I don't think I have any. I feel sad now, makes me wanna go shopping and buy a few hybrids! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Blushcreme looks so great! So sad that it's discontinued. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout-out dear ;) was happy to help! I can't wait to see you use it in a FOTD. I love blusher/bronzers in one because it makes getting ready some mornings faster and takes the guesswork out of what to pair with what. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always so happy to see another post from you. :) Aurora has been raved and raved about that I can't help lusting after it also. Ahh! It looks so perfect for the warm summer season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My definite favourite is Benefit Dallas... Just a rosy/tan glow that looks really pretty. I haven't tried the Korres' one, but it looks very similar to Dallas
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i looooove dior aurora and the MAC light over dark, just sooo gorgeous in the swatches! I need them :D

    vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love blush & bronzers in one.. They're so convenient!

    Some of the ones I have are: Burberry blush in 01 Russet, MAC Pink Me as it gives a beautiful warmth, and bobbi brown pot rouge in 04 blushing Rose..

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's so hard finding a use for Light Over Dark! it's always just lying around in my drawer :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these hybrid posts! anything to save me a bit of time in the morning! My fave bronzer/ blush hybrid is 'Terracotta' by Ben Nye - a warm, medium terracotta shade. Only wish I hadn't dropped and smashed it :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Daphnée Kwong WayeJuly 19, 2011 at 6:52 AM

    I don't really wear bronzer but when I see on in a store I just love staring at the shiny bronzy colour :) very nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been meaning to try Korres' natural blush but am afraid that I might be too tan for it to show on me! So, I'm wondering, what's your color match on the MAC wheel? I'm about NC 25-30...is that too dark for it to show? Also, is it unbearably shimmery or just the perfect hint? Thanks, love!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm kicking myself so hard for not picking up Aurora! I hope it's still available when I get to a Sephora next month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just picked up Aurora and I know Amber Diamond isn't mentioned anywhere on here, I got that too based on your recommendations.  Just waiting for it all to get here before I do a post on them. I'm dying to try Aurora!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooo pleasureful looks lovely. too bad it is discontinued X(

    ReplyDelete
  16. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 3:04 PM

    Aww, thank you so much, Natalie! I love your blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 3:05 PM

    Hahaha! Yes, this obviously means you need to go shopping now :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 3:05 PM

    I know, the Blushcreme formula was my favorite :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 3:05 PM

    I love them for the same reason!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 3:06 PM

    Thanks, Amy :) And Aurora is fantastic for Summer, but I could also see it working just as well in the colder months too because it really doesn't look too bronzer-y either :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 3:07 PM

    I don't have Dallas but yeah, I'd imagine Dallas would be a fantastic blush/bronzer since it's marketed that way too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  22. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 3:07 PM

    Aurora is definitely more of a must-have over Light Over Dark for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 3:08 PM

    Thanks, and I can't believe I don't have any of your favorites! :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 3:09 PM

    Mine too. I really liked it at first but then the more and more I looked at it, I couldn't get over how shimmery it was...and not necessarily in a good way :-/

    ReplyDelete
  25. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 3:09 PM

    Oh no! Did you already try re-pressing it?

    ReplyDelete
  26. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 3:09 PM

    Thanks, Daphnee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 3:11 PM

    I'm about NC 25-27 right now and it definitely shows up on me! And it's not unbearable shimmery at all! It's more like really subtle shimmer and kind of a slight sheen - in other words, just perfect...honestly, give it a try! I think it's such a lovely, underrated blush :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 3:12 PM

    I hope so too! If it is, you should definitely snatch it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 3:12 PM

    Ooo, yay! I hope you love both of them as much as I do!! Let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 3:13 PM

    I know :( Have you tried a CCO, though? I've heard a lot of people have found them at various CCOs.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I most definitely will.  I also picked up two of their quints though I want a couple more--I just wish more of them grabbed me.  Maybe Dior will release others.  Are you a fan of their quints?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm too scared to haha. None of my pressing experiments have gone to plan :/

    ReplyDelete
  33. no i havent checked...i will have to!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have light over dark and totally agree works great as a bronzer gives such a great glow. BTW have you tried Mac's Uncommon cream blush I think it also works as a bronzer such a great shade.

    ReplyDelete
  35. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 6:40 PM

    No, I haven't tried Uncommon. Is it a blushcreme? Because if it is, it's discontinued now...sad day :(

    ReplyDelete
  36. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 6:41 PM

    I've never tried any! The Rosy Tan and the other one (Rosy Nude, maybe?) both looked nice but I have way too many eyeshadows right now and they didn't necessarily look like anything special.

    ReplyDelete
  37. WillWorkForMakeupJuly 19, 2011 at 6:42 PM

    Oh, haha. Mine usually come out okay but I just find that they're usually not as tightly packed as they were before they got broken, no matter how well I try to press it :-/

    ReplyDelete
  38. I've been wanting to try the Korres bronzer/blush for awhile now. 

    My current favorite is the Benefit '10', it has a lot of shimmer to it, and it the one that is split in half with half pink and half bronzer. I use the pink side by itself as a highliter, then swirl the rest as brronzer/blush. 

    The only think I dislike is the packaging, it gets messy if you carry it in your bag because it doesn't stay closed, and doesn't snap shut either. 

    ReplyDelete
  39. ive been looking for the perfect  blush-bronzer hybrid for ages so this is such a help. thankyou! x

    http://applecartlane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. I think the Korres blush looks lovely, I just never hear anything about the brand! (Well except for the lip butters....) 


    My favourite blush/bronzer hybrid is probably MAC Springshine Blush Ombre. It leans more on the bronzer side but sometimes I can just throw it on with a dark smokey eye and I'm sweet. I also like NYX Expresso Blush, though it's quite red and dark. 

    ReplyDelete
  41. I think I may need the Korres blush... It looks so lovely in its packaging and when swatched. It's funny though, because I never hear anything about Korres makeup!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...