6.19.2011

What I've Been Wearing...

...on my eyes...
Cream eyeshadows :: These are Buxom Stay-There Eye Shadow in Pug and MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque. I tend to use Pug when I want more of a smokey look and Rubenesque when I want a more natural look. A lot of times when I'm struggling to get out the door on time, I just slap on some UDPP, a thin layer of either of these, some mascara, and my eye makeup is good to go :)

...on my cheeks...
Glowy, luminous cheeks with no highlight :: These are Benefit Sugarbomb, Milani Luminoso, and Benefit Coralista (a baby one I got as a Sephora 100-pt perk!). I wrote about how I've been reaching for blushes like these lately and completely omitting highlighter here. My go-to blush of the moment is definitely Sugarbomb, but all 3 of these are fantastic and honestly, how freakin' cute is that mini-Coralista?!

...on my lips...
Sheer, balmy lipsticks :: These are Skin Food PK03 Sakura Peach and Dior Singuliere. Just blogged about these here :) I love that they feel like a lip balm (moisturizing), lipstick (adds color), and lip gloss (shiny finish) in one.

...on my face...
An array of different tinted moisturizers and foundations, depending on my skin's needs and what I'm trying to achieve on a particular day :: These are Origins VitaZing, Sonia Kashuk Tinted Moisturizer, Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation, and MUFE F&B Foundation. Lately I've been using VitaZing when I don't need much coverage at all, either a combination of VitaZing + MUFE F&B or SK Tinted Moisturizer by itself when I want a bit more coverage, or Rimmel Lasting Finish when I want the most coverage.

...on my nails...
Minty green and sky blue polishes :: These are Essie Mint Candy Apple and Sally Hansen Barracuda. Love them both but Mint Candy Apple is definitely my favorite of the two!

...and on my skin :)
New skincare (new for me, not for the brand) formulated for my skin type, based on J.'s recommendation :: These are the clarifying toner, purifying facial cleanser, and mattifying day cream from The Body Shop's Seaweed line. I've only been using it for a week so I can't give any clear-cut thoughts on it yet, but so far, I'm loving the day cream, liking the toner, and not caring for the cleanser at all. They also had a deep cleansing gel cleanser (the one that J. has), and I have a feeling that one may be the better choice. Will report back in a few weeks!

What have you been wearing lately?


28 comments:

  1. Oh I've wanted to try Vita-Zing for SO long! It looks so neat. And Sugarbomb too - that's moved itself to the top of my current wishlist and should be mine soon. I know you said you're using it as a blush, but do you feel like it gives you much colour? I've heard mixed reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany! i get so exciting see each post from you lol!! I cant wait to try out Makeup forever foundation! How are they compared to Mac studio fix? thats if you wear them x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the day cream! i used to use it all the time, but i've been trying out other ones recently. always go back to it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great products!  I need to get my hands on MAC's paintpots.  and I love the cases of your lipsticks.  Haha.

    -Dinah
    dgsbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this post!!! Glad to see a glimpse of ur everyday face! I just went to the body shop today and asked the diff btw the two cleansers. The gel is for more oily skin and helps with blemishes, the one u have is more combo that leans towards dry! I was like ooooo better report bck to tiff ASAP!! I think if u do try the gel, u would like it! I just bought two more with that 8 dollars sale! Hope this helped!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wearing lots of Rubenesque too! :) The Seaweed line is a lifesaver, I'm thinking of going back to it actually. The Face Wash (I think that's the gel cleanser) is lovely! I have the same one you have now, and I'm the same - not a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to buy rubenesque! I've seen swatches and it looks soooo pretty! 

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i looove the seaweed toner and day cream too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pug looks amazing! I had trouble getting them to stay in store, but maybe I should try over primer. You've inspired me to take out my Mint Candy Apple again; it's one of my favorite polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to wear that day cream and remember it being quite good, but I've moved on to Kiehl's now, which I love :) a little tip, too - The Body Shop near my house has 15ml jars of the day cream in a 5/$10 section, so for $10 you can get 75ml, rather than paying $16 for 50ml ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fab post! I always want to try everything you post!
    I might do a similar thing, i'll link to you though for sure!
    Let me know if it's a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a big-big fan of the Seaweed line by TBS, it's only this milk cleanser that strikes me as "odd"- it's packed with silicones so that's why it feels lovely on the skin, but I'm not so sure if it actually cleanses properly :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely LOVE the Buxom shadows. I wear my Schnauzer a LOT and it lasts such a long time. Anyway, lovely post. I feel like shopping now. 

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great - thanks so much! I'll definitely be picking it up soon and posting about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that mini Coralista.. I haven't had much experience with Sephora. when I ordered my Coralista it showed me a full size Coralista as my 100 point perk. When I got that tiny, baby one I was instantly pissed! it took me a while to realize that I'm never, ever going to finish even a baby Coralista so I shouldn't feel jipped. Still a bummer they show you the fullsize, though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WillWorkForMakeupJune 20, 2011 at 8:21 PM

    Ooo...which Milani blush did you get??

    ReplyDelete
  17. WillWorkForMakeupJune 20, 2011 at 8:22 PM

    Oh, that's a great deal! I'm going to look into that next time I'm at TBS. Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. WillWorkForMakeupJune 20, 2011 at 8:22 PM

    Of course, that's not a problem. Glad you liked the post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WillWorkForMakeupJune 20, 2011 at 8:32 PM

    In all honesty, I don't even think it feels *that* nice on the skin :-/ And it doesn't really feel like it's cleansing my skin very well at all, I think because it doesn't lather or anything. I like cleansers that lather, even if it's only a little bit. Oh well. I think I might try the gel one next :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. WillWorkForMakeupJune 20, 2011 at 8:32 PM

    Haha, reading other people's blog posts often make me want to go shopping too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WillWorkForMakeupJune 20, 2011 at 8:35 PM

    Aww, that's so weird that they would show you a picture of a full-size one. Did it say a size underneath the picture, though? Because a lot of the time, when you get a deluxe sample of something on Sephora, they'll show a picture of the full-size product but it'll say the actual amount of product you'll be receiving below it. I just think the baby one is so cute though :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. WillWorkForMakeupJune 20, 2011 at 9:26 PM

    I have that one :) It's really pretty, although a bit too shimmery for everyday use for me. I like using it with a stippling brush to make it not apply *as* shimmery.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yeah I figured most of the shades were probably disco ball, I'll probably dust it over a cream blush to set it + add shimmer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. very interesting post!!! :) Milani Luminoso looks pretty!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WillWorkForMakeupJune 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM

    Luminoso is soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. totally! The buxom shadows sound like they would be right up my alley! Thanks for your help! 

    ReplyDelete
  27. You know for a split second I misstook the buxom one for one of the new Chanel Illusion D'Ombres!!!! Lol!!!
    Great post dear! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...