6.25.2011

Juicy Lips and Eyelet Shorts.

I have a confession to make: I have a small phobia of stains...of the makeup sort, of course. But that all changed when I read my sister's Seventeen magazine last month *embarrassed* ;) There was a photo of a model with juicy berry lips with matching, berry cheeks that looked like they had just been freshly pinched. I was mesmerized by the effortlessness and gorgeousness of her look and a few days later, I found myself at Sephora picking up the Stila Lip & Cheek Stain in Acai Crush in hopes of achieving a similar look.

I've applied it to both my lips and cheeks here. Since it's an extremely fast drying formula and I want to avoid the stain from staining pink spots on my cheeks and looking patchy on my lips, I apply the stain directly from the brush onto my finger, and then I apply it from my finger onto my skin and blend with vigorous speed.

I've used it on my lips several times and it has excellent staying power. It fades nicely and doesn't flake off or start setting into lip lines or anything like that, and for a 9-hour work day, I'd probably only have to re-apply it once. On it's own, it dries matte on the lips and cheeks. In addition to applying clear gloss on top, I've noticed that Dior Singuliere also looks amazing over it! It makes the look more shiny, bright pink than juicy berry, though.

As far as how it performs on my cheeks, I've used it three times and each time, despite blending with vigorous speed as mentioned above, I ended up with slightly noticeable pink spots because it began to dry down before I could blend it in properly. I apply it after foundation but before powder, in case you're curious. The good thing about it, however, is that it lasts all day on the cheeks without any fading whatsoever. The color at the end of the day will still be the same color it was when I applied it that morning.

Overall, I really, really like it because it was pretty much exactly what I was looking for, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it for beginners or for mornings when you're in a rush. If you don't have the time to give it the time and attention it demands for proper application, don't even open up this can of worms. Don't say I didn't warn you ;)

Compared to other lip stains I've tried in the past, this one isn't too drying on the lips, but I do still prefer to wear it with gloss on top. Especially for the look I was trying to achieve here, a bit of clear gloss really helps to add the 'juicy' factor to my berry lips.

Again with clear gloss

Stila Lip & Cheek Stain in Acai Crush with clear gloss on top.

I have no words for what I'm doing here.

And now onto my eyelet shorts from H&M...


I love them and they were only $15...score! I had to go with a size larger than I normally wear, though, because it was the smallest size they had so sometimes I feel like the shorts look kind of diaper-ish on me, but oh well!

Chambray shirt:: TJ Maxx or Marshall's
White eyelet shorts:: H&M
Brown belt:: Banana Republic
Gold bow necklace:: Etsy
Brown wedges:: Kohl's
Nail polish:: Essie Midnight Cami

Have a good weekend, everyone!!


45 comments:

  1. That color on your cheeks is so cute!  So pretty.  And I love the shorts.  =D

    www.dgsbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty! I love Stila's products. I might pick this up (when I have some cash to spend on makeup, I just bought some more..... Oh this addiction)! 
    I like the mixing of the chambray with the shorts, super cute. By the way, this made me laugh aloud " and blend with vigorous speed"

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. JessicaGettingCheekyJune 25, 2011 at 5:58 PM

    YOUR OUTFIT IS SO ADORABLE! Everything about this post is perfect. The berry stained lips and cheeks perfectly complement the summery, country look of your denim shirt and eyelet shorts :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this stain on u!!!!! it looks perfect for your complexion!!!! love it!!! and an OOTD!!!! love it when u do those too! way to rock those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOO CUTE!!! Such a perfect color on you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cheek and lip stain! the color suits your skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. redlipsblackhairJune 25, 2011 at 7:51 PM

    Wow I love the lips! and cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That color looks amazing on you! And that's a good idea with the clear gloss on top - I'll have to try that! 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god, your lips look so yummy! I love the look overall, and you're looking hawt in those shorts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your looks!! :) The stain sounds really nice too, something that I might try out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the "surprised kissy face" pic! lol I've never liked stains either. I got the new Dawn one by Revlon last month (orange tube), but was so disappointed - blood red and so patchy! I ended up passing it on to Mom. I do like the natural stain a bright lip color leaves when you wipe it off, though! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  12. WillWorkForMakeupJune 25, 2011 at 10:49 PM

    Thanks, Dinah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WillWorkForMakeupJune 25, 2011 at 10:50 PM

    Haha, I just *really* wanted to make it clear that it needs to be blended in REALLY QUICKLY :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. WillWorkForMakeupJune 25, 2011 at 10:51 PM

    Thank you :) I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WillWorkForMakeupJune 25, 2011 at 10:52 PM

    Yay, thanks! I love OOTD posts from other people but I hate having to take photos for them myself! I still haven't perfected a photo set-up yet...

    ReplyDelete
  16. WillWorkForMakeupJune 25, 2011 at 10:52 PM

    Thank you so much, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WillWorkForMakeupJune 25, 2011 at 10:52 PM

    Thank you! I really like the color too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. WillWorkForMakeupJune 25, 2011 at 10:52 PM

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. WillWorkForMakeupJune 25, 2011 at 10:53 PM

    I like it on it's own too, but it's much more matte and can be a bit drying if you suffer from dry lips. With the gloss on top, it's much more of a juicy look, which is what I was going for anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. WillWorkForMakeupJune 25, 2011 at 10:54 PM

    Thanks, Jen! You know me - I always try to look hawt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. WillWorkForMakeupJune 25, 2011 at 10:54 PM

    Let me know how you like it if you do end up giving it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. WillWorkForMakeupJune 25, 2011 at 10:55 PM

    Thanks, JC!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WillWorkForMakeupJune 25, 2011 at 10:56 PM

    I've tried a Covergirl one and a Revlon one and they were both pretty much the same to me. I didn't really like them, though, because the color that they were on my lips was almost nothing like what the color of the tubes were...I hate it when that happens! And, the marker made it almost impossible to apply it evenly and I always had issues with the stain settling into my lip lines :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. Girl you look amazing! You're glowing! Love the cheek colour on you.. I think it looks stunning.. And in combination with the lip colour, it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous, radiant look! Love the lip stain on you. I have the same shorts in black!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pretty the lip and cheek stain! Love those eyelet shorts too =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dianejoaquin11792June 26, 2011 at 7:46 AM

    tiffany u have done it again now i want that stila lip/cheek stain.it looks so pretty. too bad it's not available here in ireland... but i do have benefit's benetint and posietint have you tried them?? i think if not then you should because benetint just gives me a nice sexy flush cheek. it's just amazing. posietint is okay but benetint all the way.. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  28. The colour on the lips and cheeks is gorgeous and I like the outfit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. WillWorkForMakeupJune 26, 2011 at 9:31 PM

    Yay! Thank you - I'm glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. WillWorkForMakeupJune 26, 2011 at 9:31 PM

    Ooo, I bet they're adorable in black as well! I've always loved eyelet :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. WillWorkForMakeupJune 26, 2011 at 9:32 PM

    Thank you, Janalyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. WillWorkForMakeupJune 26, 2011 at 9:33 PM

    No, I haven't tried either of those :-/ I always swatch Benetint when I'm at Sephora but the watery-ness turns me off and it seems really subtle, no? Maybe that's a good thing because it can be built up. Not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  33. WillWorkForMakeupJune 26, 2011 at 9:33 PM

    Aww, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous colour! I'm a bit wary of stains because it took me long enough to ease into cream blushes XD

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dianejoaquin11792June 27, 2011 at 7:34 AM

    i have to agree that it can be a watery mess but i doubt you'll have any problem with it. it just takes practice and patience i guess. it is subtle but in a very good way because it then looks very natural and like you're really blushing underneath. nothing worse than having obvious blush on your face right?

    ReplyDelete
  36. I always avoided stains too, but this look is so juicy I may have to reconsider! Love the eyelet shorts, particularly with the denim shirt. I don't think I could pull off white shorts, but you look stunning as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love love love the stain! It looks so bright and beautiful on your skin! I may have to venture out and try a stain as well. Thanks for inspiring me! Love the outfit and necklace as well- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  38. You look amazing Tiffany! I am absolutely in love with your outfit and the stain looks gorgeous on you. Great post. 
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  39. WillWorkForMakeupJune 27, 2011 at 6:53 PM

    Yeah, it's kind of a pain to work with if I'm being honest...I just *really* love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  40. WillWorkForMakeupJune 27, 2011 at 6:54 PM

    Aww, thank you! Why would you not be able to pull off white shorts? I think everyone can pull them off, especially in the summer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  41. WillWorkForMakeupJune 27, 2011 at 6:54 PM

    Thank you so much, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  42. WillWorkForMakeupJune 27, 2011 at 6:54 PM

    Thanks, Alicia :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the stain on you especially your cheeks!!! :) 

    Cute outfit btw :) Love ze lacy pants! xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. WillWorkForMakeupJune 29, 2011 at 9:45 PM

    Aww, thank you, Adeline!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...