5.14.2011

P10P: 2-Month Progress Report.



Although I've accumulated four empties within the past month, only one of the four counts towards P10P because I'm excluding skincare, unfortunately. So for those who are keeping track, yes, after a grueling two months, I've only finished up a whopping three products! :(

I've talked about the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo before in my skincare post, and my thoughts on it haven't changed. I still really like it and would definitely repurchase it if I didn't already have another four tubes on reserve ;)

 The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter is my favorite body butter ever, and I think this is my third or fourth tub I've used up. I already have one on reserve in addition to a Strawberry one and a Raspberry one (also lovely but neither are as amazing as the coconut one).

The Lollia Shea Butter Handcreme in Breathe was gifted to me from Jessica and I loved every last bit of it. It's pretty tiny and didn't take me long to use up and if it wasn't for the hefty price tag ($7 for 0.33 oz. or $24 for 4 oz.), I'd definitely repurchase this too. It smells divine, absorbs really quickly without any greasy residue, and moisturizes really well. It's basically the perfect hand cream.

My last empty and the only one that counts towards P10P is my NP Set lipstick in Denver. I love the color of this lipstick (the perfect pinky nude) and I like the glossy finish it has, but other than that, I've honestly come to realize what a terrible lipstick this is. It has no longevity on the lips whatsoever and it kind of dries out my lips, a problem I've never really had with any other lipstick. I find that it kind of just sits on my lips and when it wears off after a few minutes (or a half hour), my lips are left feeling as dry as the Sahara Desert. There's just so many better lipsticks out there that I wouldn't recommend wasting your money on this one. I'm glad it's gone but sad that I suffered from a lapse of judgement a long time ago and wasted my money on a back-up that I'll never use.

In addition to my two celebratory purchases I allowed myself to buy (Dior Aurora and MAC Impassioned), I stretched that excuse an extra few days and also picked up Essie Mint Candy Apple and Jouer Creme Eyeshadow in Cashmere. I'm back on the P10P train now, although I'll admit that after only finishing up a measly three products in two months, I'm feeling a bit discouraged and annoyed.

Here's to hoping I finish up more products in the third month!


11 comments:

  1. wat r u talkin about girl? I think ure doin a good job considering all the products you probably have piled up! We're women! We get bored of wearing the same lipstick, the same blush, the same foundation everyday.. You're on the right track and I'm sure that ull reach the end of your P10P with your head held high ;)

    How gorgeous is the Essie mint candy apple huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so hard to use things up isn't it. I get really excited when i get to the end of anything but its rare lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in your third month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last month I started to do empties of the month posts. I have to say, that it gives me power to finish products;D But for me it's more easy with skincare, if I wouldn't count it, were will be no empties in this month:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you will! I've heard a lot of other P10P participants saying it was slow going at first but at some point they finished a whole bunch of things up at once. I'm SO happy you like the lotion! It struck me as something you would like, and you're right it is the PERFECT hand creme.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really love that lipstick color! do you know of any dupe for it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, I give you props for trying!!! I won't even bother attempting a PXP because I know there is NO way I could do it!! Something or the other is always tempting me! What does work for me is I reward myself after some type of accomplishment, so I will hold out on purchasing a product until I complete my goal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Delyteful Speaks: Aww, thank you so much for being so encouraging! And you're so right - one of the biggest reasons why I haven't finish up a blush or lipgloss is because I never want to use those ones anymore! I have so many prettier ones that I like to use now but as a result, the P10P candidates aren't getting used up :( And I love Mint Candy Apple!

    @nicoletta: It's rare for me too! :(

    @Janalyn: Thank you lovely :)

    @Supergirl: I know! I seem to finish skincare products all the time...if only I could finish up makeup products at the same rate!

    @Jessica: I loved using every last bit of it! It was amazing!

    @MaviDeniz: I really don't know of any because I don't have many nude lipsticks but maybe MAC Hue? I think Hue may be quite a bit lighter though.

    @Kajal Couture: Things are tempting me ALL the time too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww tiffany dont get discouraged! keep up with it, i have faith you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just came across this blog and I love it by the way! Where did you get that NP lipstick? I've never heard of that brand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @kellyyes: Thanks for being so sweet and encouraging, Kelly! <3

    @Hollie: Thank you! I got it at Target :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...