5.10.2011

The new neutral.


I've been battling a new non-beauty-related obsession lately...with the color YELLOW.

Striped top :: Gap


Ring :: H&M

Peep-toe flats :: Target

As far as the title goes, just hear me out - I literally wore those mustard-yellow flats everyday last week, and yes, I wore color too. I just feel like they go with everything and since neutrals are meant to go with everything too, does that make yellow a neutral as well?

Here's a list I've compiled of colors that go great with yellow:
Pink (very bright and Summery combo)
Green (earthy combo)
Blue (yellow adds a touch of girly-ness to blue)
Purple (love a good purple/yellow combo)
Orange (very, very Summery combo)
Red (a bit of a daring combo but still cute, nonetheless)

And of course it looks fantastic with these neutrals as well:
Grey
Tan
White 
Black

Sooo...isn't that nearly every color then? Why yes, I think it is. I think I'm unofficially declaring yellow the new neutral :)


20 comments:

  1. cute shoes! yellow doesn't suit me unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with this post. I'm obsessed with yellow clothing & accessories. Normal people would be appalled at how much mustard, saffron, sepia, and sunshine is hanging in my closet!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got that Gap top! Weird! I got the b/w version though. I also got a pair of yellow flats from Target and LOVE the ones you got! Yellow really is surprisingly versatile. I'm still on the lookout for a cute yellow bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those peep toe flats! very summery cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have those shoes too! Love yellow too :) Always puts me in a good mood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! I've been drawn to yellow lately too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree...i especially think out of all yellow shades mustard goes with everything. i have like 8 different colored scarves, one which is mustard colored, and the mustard scarf definitely gets the most love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oo0oo0 i like the striped top! u are so bold in color!!! i need to be more like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! You're so lucky you suit yellow. I look like an extra from The Walking Dead in yellow! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the ring and the top! I love yellow too- it's so much more versatile than people think.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a question for you :) I really like your blog and pics are amazing. Recently my camera broke so I'm searching for a good new camera. Which one do you use? I mean..pics are just perfect :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice shirt, but I LOVE the ring! Cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the top! i've been into yellow lately too, but its not really my color. I need a good tan to pull it off :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Though I wouldn't consider it a neutral, I have been literally obsessed with orange lately. Orange coral lips, orange nails, coral blush, orange accessories, you name it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i just love yellow in the summertime! especially yellow accessories like a clutch or a hobo bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I sooo agree! I am so feelin yellow too and have alot of yellow items in my closet as we speak :D I soo luv those flats u have!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the top and the ring!!

    xo -Mallory

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE everything here! I love yellow! I think it looks particularly lovely on your skin tone and my skin tone. I am so glad we can pull it off because it is chic, cool, and bright at the same time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It seems I'm not the only one who's been obsessed with yellow lately ;)

    @Passing Fancy: Thank you :) It's a Samsung DualView TL220.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...