5.29.2011

Inspired by a fellow blogger :)

Delyteful Speaks posted about her favorite Summer cheek combo (Dior Nude Healthy Glow Powder in Sunset layered over MAC Cream Colour Base in Virgin Isle - gorgeous!) the other day and when she asked me if I had tried layering Dior Aurora over any cream blushes, I told her no because I don't own very many cream blushes...but then I realized that I do own Virgin Isle! So today's cheek combo is 100% inspired by Delyteful Speaks, and I have no one else to thank but her for how lovely I think it is!

I'm a little washed out in this photo but you can see it better below :)


Face:
Sonia Kashuk Tinted Moisturizer in Linen
Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
Dior Matte Bronzer in Honey Matte
MAC CCB in Virgin Isle
Dior bronzer in Aurora

Eyes:
UDPP
MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque
UD e/s in Naked
UD e/s in Buck
Milani Liquif'eye Pencil in Brown
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara
Covergirl Lash Blast Volume mascara

Lips:
MAC l/g in Perennial High Style

For my cheeks, I basically dotted on Virgin Isle onto my cheeks, blended it in with a Sigma F84 brush, and applied Dior Aurora over it with the Sigma equivalent of the MAC 168 brush (I can't be bothered with the random numbers!). I applied both Virgin Isle and Dior Aurora as I would a blush, as I used Dior Honey Matte as my bronzer today.

Dior Aurora (left) and Dior Aurora layered over MAC Virgin Isle

I've said before that I view Dior Aurora as more of a blush-bronzer hybrid, and I think that layering it over a cream blush really just acts to bring out it's blush-like properties even more. Not only do I think the color created by layering the two is divine, but I also love that since Aurora is a powder, it also sets Virgin Isle and makes the combo last even longer on the skin. Perfection!


Disclaimer: The Sigma brushes mentioned were sent to me free of charge for review purposes only. I am not affiliated with this company, nor am I getting paid for featuring them on my blog. The opinions expressed in this post are honest and based solely on my own experience with the product(s).

19 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous difference! i actually think it looks nice either way, but i can see why the extra oomph makes a big difference. :)

    very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love the look of that! You look flawless in those photos Tiffany! I am definitely taking a cue from you and DelytefulSpeaks on this combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great combo and it looks fab on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this layering definitely looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look great on you<3
    you have such natural beauty.
    i love your skin <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must try this combo! i tried Aurora with Coralina finally and its so nice!!! this is a good way to try Virgin Aisle ( which I havent touched since i got it!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your gorgeous.. i love it when you fill in your eyebrows though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw you two discussing this on twitter and wasn't sure how it would turn out. I LOVE it ... *runs off to CCO to locate Virgin Isle*

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. @JC: Thank you! I agree - I love it by itself and over Virgin Isle...it's so versatile!

    @Danielle: Thank you! Let's us know how it turns out - I'm sure it'll look gorgeous on you!

    @cornflakegirl: Thank you so much :)

    @Amyboo: Thanks girl! :)

    @MSodapop: Thank you so much :)

    @Lilladylife: I'm so glad you love Aurora with Corallina too! Definitely try Aurora out with Virgin Isle...you ARE on P10P after all so you should make use of what you already have! :D

    @Red lips, Black hair: Thank you :)

    @Donna Baby: I completely agree - I'm going to fill them in next time :)

    @Jessica: You can still get Virgin Isle from MAC Pro I think!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, what a nice combo. Your eye makeup looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so neat! I've never thought of layering blushes - that and I don't own any cream/liquid blushes :) your combo looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I don't have anything quite like Aurora, but I do love layering Virgin Isle under peachy blushes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh yaaaay! Turned out sooo beautiful!!! I'm so glad you tried this and liked it!! Virgin Isle is SO amazing.. Truly my favourite cream blush coz as you said, it's so versatile and makes any blush really pop!

    You're glowing girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a really gorgeous cheek combo on you! I don't do a lot of layering blushes but I think I should start.

    Ellie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you look gogeous!!! Lovely look:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty blushes! Dior Aurora is gorgeous! You look really pretty like always :) xX

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always look so beautiful! <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love your make-up!
    simplyyleah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...