5.31.2011

A Few Summer Nail Polish Favorites.


It's no secret I'm in love and obsessed with both Essie Lilacism and Essie Mint Candy Apple at the moment, but I also realize that both of those colors fall more into the 'Spring nail polish shades' category more than they do into 'Summer nail polish shades'. Luckily, I have a few other favorites set and ready to go the second Summer hits :)

L to R:
Essie Turquoise and Caicos
Zoya Tobey
Salley Hansen Barracuda
Zoya Diana
Essie Splash of Grenadine

Cue haggard cuticles!
Thumb:: Essie Splash of Grenadine, a medium pinky-purple.
Pointer Finger:: Zoya Diana, a true red.
Middle Finger:: Sally Hansen Barracuda, a Robin's Egg blue with a hint of mint.
Ring Finger:: Zoya Tobey, an almost neon, hot pink.
Pinky Finger:: Essie Turquoise and Caicos, a minty turquoise.

All shades are shown with 2 coats, and none of them have glitter or shimmer whatsoever. They're all gorgeous colors with fantastic formulas (hence why they're worthy of being included in this post!), but in all honesty, the huge brush of Sally Hansen Barracuda is kind of super annoying to use. Just sayin'. And I just wanted to add that with the lighting not being absolutely perfect, Essie Turquoise and Caicos actually looks a lot darker and greener in the swatch than it really looks in real life. Oh well - I tried.

What will you be wearing on your nails this Summer?


18 comments:

  1. oh Barracuda and splash of grenadine needs to be something I want to wear this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been eying up Splash of Grenadine for awhile, it looks so lovely. Adding it to the list! Love you summer picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you don't wear them together out of the house, but your swatches actually look really cute worn all at the same time!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got Essie's Splash of Grenadine and Turquoise and Caicos today! I'm super excited to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo! I HEART red polishes, so pretty!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone! I'm so glad you guys like my picks as much as I do! :D

    @Esty: Sorry, I didn't publish your comment because there was a link included, but you can purchase Zoya polishes from Zoya.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! So pretty for summer. I recently purchased Turquoise and Caicos but I haven't gotten the nerve to actually put it on my nails yet. Might have to be a pretty toe color for now until I get the nerve to have it on my fingers!

    And I agree about the Sally Hansen applicators, such a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of Splash of Grenadine! It's been on my 'possibly should buy' list for a while, have just never gotten around to getting it!

    & I hope you'll like Disqus (now that you can edit out links haha)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the turquoise and the essie pink/lila one, these colors and a pretty yellow are my favourites this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore these colours! Perfect for summer :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. turquiose and caicos.. my ALL TIME FAVORITE.. just got me a back-up bottle yesterday at Ulta. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WillWorkForMakeupJune 2, 2011 at 7:04 PM

    I'm on the hunt for a pretty, bright yellow nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WillWorkForMakeupJune 2, 2011 at 7:05 PM

    Ugh. Blogger has been having problems left and right lately! So annoying! Maybe you could do a US swap sometime and request Barracuda? It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WillWorkForMakeupJune 2, 2011 at 7:06 PM

    Yay! I'm so glad you guys like these colors too! It seems like a lot of us like to go for bright and colorful nails in the Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WillWorkForMakeupJune 2, 2011 at 7:07 PM

    I'm still trying to get used to it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...