5.07.2011

Celebratory P10P Slip-Up.


If you guys follow me on Twitter, you'll know that Wednesday was one of the most exciting days of my life because I found out that I was accepted into my top graduate school choice. I'm going to pharmacy school, in case you're wondering, but I don't want to really say where just for my own privacy's sake. Hope you can understand!

Anyway, I've worked really hard for a really long time to achieve this goal, so I decided to allow myself to say a quick little "Eff you!" to P10P and treat myself to a couple things :)

MAC Lipstick in Impassioned and Diorskin Nude Glow Healthy Glow Summer Powder in 001 Aurora

MAC Impassioned was a bit of an impulse buy because I was really only planning on grabbing Aurora as my 'celebratory purchase'. I was suddenly in the mood for a fun, bright lipstick pick-me-up and Impassioned was perfect for that. It's a gorgeous (GORGEOUS!!) neon watermelon shade with an amplified finish. I actually could see this working on nearly all skin tones from very fair to very dark - it's really just a matter of whether or not you're comfortable wearing such an in-your-face lipstick shade. Just a word of caution, though: Don't apply it unless you're planning on actually wearing it for a while - it leaves a very noticeable stain on the lips!

Dior Aurora is a limited edition powder bronzer that is really more of a bronzer-blush hybrid in my opinion. It's a pinky-peachy-tan shade that is probably best for NC30 and lighter skin tones. I'm NC25 at the moment and have no issues whatsoever with it showing up on me. It has tiny, subtle gold shimmers throughout, but nothing that would ever make you look like a disco ball. It has a buttery smooth texture but not powdery at all. I can already see this being a staple product in my Spring/Summer makeup routine.

How utterly gorgeous is this packaging?! It comes with the standard Dior dust bag but this one is a bit different because it comes equipped with a nifty little pocket in the front that holds the cute little brush you see above. The brush actually feels really nice. The bristles are really soft and I definitely wouldn't be against using it if I had to. It's not the typical crappy brush that's normally included when you buy makeup products. For $46, the packaging and brush better be luxurious!

L to R:
Dior Healthy Glow Summer Powder in 001 Aurora
Dior Matte Bronzer in 002 Honey Matte
Bourjois Delice de Poudre in #52


Face:
Origins VitaZing
MUFE F&B foundation in #20
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NC30
Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing concealer in 002 Beige
MAC MSFN in Medium Plus
Dior Aurora (as blush)

Eyes:
UDPP
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
UD e/s in Sin
UD e/s in Naked
UD e/s in Buck
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara

Lips:
MAC l/s in Impassioned

Close-ups...


What's new with you guys? I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last posted! :O


47 comments:

  1. Looks Great, I love the lipstick too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those both look so gorgeous on you! Wish Impassioned was that flattering on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaa! The Impassioned is gorgeous! It's stunning. Truly gorgeous. x3 I've never used a Dior Makeup product before. On you it's great.

    x3 I was also reading your sidebar and saw that you're using the Dualview 220. I'm using it's big brother...sister? the TL600. Your pics are really quite good - i'll have to practice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lipstick is gorgeous! My friend was wearing it the other night and I fell in love too. :)
    I'm an NC25 shade as well, by any chance do you know what shade you are in Nars foundations?

    ReplyDelete

  5. congratulations to you, well done!
    you must be so proud of yourself
    and both products look so pretty
    i need Impassioned so so badly D:

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! I definitely think you have proper justification for your purchase! ;) that lipstick looks amazing, definitely something I'd like to add to my collection...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impassioned looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! You must be soooo happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous lipstick on you, ive wanted it for ages and now the urge is even stronger xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to getting into your top choice! Wow! :D
    The lip color does look very gorgeous...I've been looking for a color like that for awhile.
    It's not too bad to treat yourself once in awhile especially since you've been going strong in P10P! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Firstly, congratulations!!!
    Secondly, where did you get that bow necklace? Its so cute! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! You look so pretty with that color

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations & great purchases. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You skin looks glowing, soo pretty.
    Impassioned looks so good on you, i cant wait to own it x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much, ladies! I couldn't be more excited :D

    @lovejanettee: My NARS Sheer Glow in is the shade Punjab but it doesn't even come close to matching me right now. It's probably more like my Summer shade once I'm a bit more tanned. I'd check Temptalia's foundation matrix if you're trying to find a match :)

    @Emily: Thank you :) It's from Etsy and the seller is "dearyoushop".

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations on your impassioned lipstick. i always say this - it's the bomb diggity lipstick! heehee =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your acceptance, Tiffany! It is DEFINITELY an accomplishment worth celebrating with a P10P "eff you"! You look beautiful in impassioned :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  18. On Friday I picked up the 2 Dior bronzers..I couldn't decide which one to go for so that was my eff moment...I got both! Loveeeeee them. Congrats about the school! XX

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on getting into school!! And congratulations on getting me to add Impassioned to my list. Haha! :) Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on getting into pharmacy school, well done! x

    And I think you should have bought even MORE stuff to celebrate LOL.

    PS: Impassioned is my all time favourite lippy, it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats again hunni, so proud of you!!!! Yay!!! You totally deserved these two gorgeous products, and even more! :) Impassioned looks beautiful on you, and now you've made it pretty clear that I also need this bronzer in my life (though I didn't even hit pan on any of the 20 bronzers I'm currently using!) ah it's too beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. u desearve a bit of a splurge!!!!! Congrats again on getting into ur top choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wooooooooooow!! both look amaaazing on you!! Aren't u glad you got them? They're so worth it and you so deserve it! Congrats hun

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look SO pretty! I love that lip color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations. I know how hard it is to get into Pharmacy school because my old friend was doing it too and she had to get all A's in all her classes and never went out to party coz she was always studying, just so she could get into the Pharmacy school of her choice. You have brains and beauty and I really admire you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats! You deserve the splurge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats! I'm a pharmacist myself and it's a rewarding career if you want to either own a business, work in patient care, or be in the industry. Flexible options and easier working hours compared to being in medicine. And uh, I love that bronzer. I'm trying to fight the urge.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Firstly CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Secondly - oh my word impassioned looks A-mazing on you!! It looks totally different on you than me it always seems much more red on me xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations!Impassioned looks awesome on you!i actually went yesterday to get it...but i chickened out!lol...Bought club eyeshadow instead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Huge congrats lady, that news was definetly worthy of some new purchases to celebrate. They look amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, I love that lipstick colour so much - thanks for finding me my new shade!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That lippe looks GORGEOUS on you! And congrats on getting in to your first choice! :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Impassioned is such a classic! Love this shade on you and congrats on grad school!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats!! :D
    The lipstick is really beautiful and suits you well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you so, SO much for all of your lovely comments!! It really means a lot since this is such big news for me!

    @Tracy: That's so cool that you're a pharmacist! I can't wait until I'm done with pharmacy school :) And you definitely should check out this bronzer!

    ReplyDelete
  36. They both look GREAT on you! I like how you paired it with a simple white button-up and pulled-back hair, too - super chic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congrats! That's so exciting! =) You should be VERY proud of yourself and the "slip-up" is well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  38. congratulations!!! you deserve to break your p10p =) impassioned looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations on your acceptance! That's great news :) You definitely needed to treat yourself on such an occasion!
    I love the MAC lipstick! The colour is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hello Tiffany! Congrats on your acceptance! I see that the Z-palette is on your wishlist!! I got it a few months ago and it's been awesome. I get to put whatever I want in and seeing the assortment of blushes, eyeshadows, highlighters just lights up my day. You shd go get one soon! I'm not gonna post the link to my article here coz u said we shdn't. But you can always pop by and check the post I wrote about the Z-palette on my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love Impassioned, I want it so badly :)
    It looks so pretty on you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Impassioned is one of my fav MAC shades! and good, glad you finally got the Dior powder, you NEEDED it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  43. BIG congrats again!!! Thats such an awesome accomplishment. I love impassioned lipstick (although it looks a lot more red on me). Its a great colour and I agree that it will work on just about anyone.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  44. Belated congratulations on achieving your goal girl!!!! :)

    The new products look lovely and I agree with you on the Dior packaging - the newer design is oh-so luxe and sleek! ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...