4.08.2011

Top 10 Under $10.


I think the title is pretty self-explanatory :) I'm not listing the exact prices in this post because quite frankly, I can't remember them all and prices tend to vary slightly depending on where you purchase them from anyway. What I do know for sure, though, is that all of these products are definitely under $10!


1. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks:: The one pictured is Cherries in the Snow, but generally speaking, the whole Super Lustrous line is pretty amazing. They're pigmented (really pigmented, in the case of Cherries in the Snow!), apply smoothly, and feel really comfortable on the lips.

2. Bonne Bell Lip Lites in Strawberry Parfait:: This is a staple milky, baby pink lipgloss in my collection. It smells amazing (exactly like what you'd expect it to smell like), has medium pigmentation, and isn't sticky at all.

3. Aquaphor Healing Ointment:: This is like the poor man's Eight Hour Cream, if you will. It's a super moisturizing lip balm, a nice on-the-spot cuticle cream, and provides intense hydration to dry and cracked skin.

4. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses:: The one pictured is Lilac Pastelle but again, the whole range seems to be unexpectedly amazing. They feel quite moisturizing on the lips, have medium pigmentation, lack any detectable scent (some people may disagree), and aren't sticky in the least bit.


5. Sleek Storm Palette:: I'll just preface this one with an apology to all of my readers who are in the States (like me), because Sleek isn't available over here. I'd suggest setting up a swap with someone in the UK if you want to try out any UK high street products, which is how I got my hands on mine :) This palette is amazing. It's super versatile and can create an array of looks from neutral, everyday ones to dramatic, going-out ones. I've never been very impressed by drugustore eyeshadows aside from the recent Wet n Wild releases, but these Sleek shadows are just as good as some of my higher end shadows.

6. Wet n Wild Silent Treatment Trio:: These are really the only US drugstore brand eyeshadows I ever really use, and this trio has a really nice combination of shades. The icy pink highlight shade isn't amazing, but the dark crease shade is really nice and pigmented, and the silvery-taupe lid shade is gorgeous!

7. Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Mascara:: This is my HG mascara. I recently ran out and decided to give L'Oreal Voluminous a shot (which I really love as well), but I think my heart still belongs to this mascara.

8. Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil in Black:: I've gone on and on about this eyeliner so many times before and I don't really have anything new to add this time, but if you've tried the Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero and have been unimpressed by the pigmentation or lasting power on the waterline, you have to give this one a try!


9. Essie Nail Polishes:: The one photographed is Lilacism (my new obsession!), but Essie polishes, in general, are some of my absolutely favorites. I know the brand is known to have released some duds that lack pigmentation and have streaky applications (my sister has a random pink one that takes 4 coats for semi-opaque coverage :o), but luckily, all of the Essie polishes I own are fantastic! A few of my favorites are Lilacism, Chinchilly, and Splash of Grenadine.

10. NYC Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny:: This is by no means the best bronzer ever, but it's definitely a really good one for the price. It's one of the only matte bronzers I've ever come across at the drugstore, and while it isn't the smoothest of powders, it has a really nice color and can be built up quite easily.



24 comments:

  1. I love Revlon lip products and the Storm palette, and I've been meaning to look out for that Bonne Bell lipgloss ever since I saw you post about it a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm pretty new to your blog but I really enjoy your posts! I also love my Essie polishes! (my chinchilly is a little harder to apply that some though! wonder why : ) I'm also itching to try the Milani eye pencil! it's posts like this one that make me feel like I need it lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I didn't know Wet n Wild had such good eyeshadows...I will have to try some :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Revlon lip products, most of them, are really great and substitutes for more expensive brands for me anyway, I love those super lustrous, I am writing up a post about them soon.. last spring's colours are just as nice this year too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonne Bell lip glosses are absolutely amazing! They really do come in the most beautiful shade. The strawberry one is supposed to be a dupe for NARS turkish delight. Love them!
    Please FOLLOW ME!
    herdollface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool post and a good top 10! Dont think ive every tried revlon lip products but after hearing so many good things I think its about time I gave them a try x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post! I have to try the Milani liner asap =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post . I cant resist a bargain. I like the sound of the milani liners too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I really like the Revlon super lustrous lip gloss too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Melissa: Thank you so much :) And that's a shame about your Chinchilly. I wonder why that is... Mine is really easy to apply.

    ReplyDelete
  11. NYC sunny bronzer.. my fav.. in my march favs video too! so is revlon super lustrous glosses.. I always wanted to try the SLEEK palettes but shipping is so darn expensive! O.o

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely post! where do you get bonne bell products :)?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once again, we are on the same wavelength! Revlon SL liplosses are among my most fav, and I just recently ordered the Storm palette, cannot wait for it to arrive! Lashblast is another fav mascara of mine and I adore the Silent Treatment trio, I need to bust that out again!

    Loving this post, great job Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep hearing such great things about that sleek palette, I think I'm gonna have to give into temptation and order it from ebay :)

    Great post !=D

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Jennifer: I got it at Walmart :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! You've reminded me that I really want to try lashblast. I'm totally crushing on the taupe in the WnW palette too!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this post! I love having cheaper alternatives to choose from - some of the cheaper products perform just as well if not better than the higher end products!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ugh I want Lilac Pastelle so bad but I can never find it :\ Love this post <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh I love cherries in the snow.. such a pretty colour.. And it doesn't feel like a drugstore lipstick either!

    Great post hun

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonnnderful picks.
    I love Revlon! Especially that lilac lipgloss!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG! i have to have that essie polish! i have been on the hunt for the perfect lilac and i think that may be the one =) I've heard a lot of good things about the NYC bronzer too. might have to pick that one up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love my Sleek palettes! I live in the UK and if anyone would like to do a swap with me, just drop me an email! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I went out the night I read this and purchased a Revlon Super Lustrous gloss, it's amazing! thank you thank you thank you

    ReplyDelete
  24. I couldn't agree more! Revlon makes such amazing lip products. I love their nail polish too though, great colors! (i have the matching cherries in the snow polish and lipstick) Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...