4.05.2011

Another Chanel Dupe by Revlon?


Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Black Pearl has been on my wishlist since it was released a few months ago, but I had a difficult time parting with the $25 it would cost to get a bottle and before I knew it, I had committed to P10P and any hope of acquiring Black Pearl any time in the near future was lost.

I was dealing with that disappointing thought relatively well, that is, until word on the street spread that Revlon was releasing a Black Pearl dupe. I knew the supposed dupe was going to be limited edition and by the time I was done with P10P, it would most definitely be sold out. My opportunity to save $20+ on this unique nail polish shade was slowly slipping through my fingers.

A few days ago, Jessica told me she had a surprise for me. Obviously, I didn't ask what it was because it was a surprise. Duh! This is what I found in my mailbox a few days later:

YAY! :D

Yup, you guessed it. It's "The Dupe," otherwise known as Revlon Black with Envy. It's a gorgeous, blackened, shimmery gunmetal shade. It has a non-streaky formula that was completely opaque in two coats.



I can't compare it against Chanel Black Pearl because I don't own it, but based on swatches I've seen, Revlon Black with Envy definitely lacks the green sheen Black Pearl has. For that reason, I wouldn't say that the two are exact dupes, but they are very similar and Revlon's version definitely succeeds at satisfying my need (I felt like I needed it) for Black Pearl.

Thank you so, so much, Jessica!! ♥


12 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous color. It is pretty close to the Chanel one - closer than some others I've seen around the internet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm happy you like it. Even if it is slightly different than Black Pearl, the price tag is much easier to swallow!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great on you! Glad you were able to fill the void with something. How nice of Jessica to think of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That one looks great! I just received Perplex today in the mail, I bought it off amazon because we didn't carry that colour in Canada at all and I had to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Estee Lauder makes a similar colour as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow thats the closest dupe Ive seen although it lacks the green as you say but thats not a bad thing, I caved and bought Black pearl last week oops :O xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this color! On my list now! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe they are trying to make a reputation for having chanel dupes? This is a pretty colour, but it isn't very summery though... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this shade! I so want it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. That shade looks gorgeous!!thanks for sharing and congrats on your lovely surprise!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Try Borghese Stellar Notte! It gives the green sheen, but also has some purple sheen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo...apparently there are other dupes I need to check out as well. Thanks, guys! Will look into them :)

    @Phoebs: Yeah, I agree it's not very summery. Oh well! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...