3.01.2011

Friends Who Are Enablers.


Before I even purchased Lipgloss #1 (out of the five I am allowing myself to purchase this whole year while doing Gloss-Out 2011), I heard from my Twitter BFF, Jessica, that the new Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Papaya was similar to Chanel Rouge Extrait de Gloss in Genie (check out her swatch here). Regardless of the exact words she used, what I heard was, "I can get a Chanel lipgloss at the drugstore!"

So, the next few times I found myself at Target, Walmart, CVS, or Walgreens, I searched high and low for Papaya to no avail. I don't think I was really going to buy it since it was still early in the year and I wasn't sure I was ready to commit to my first lipgloss yet, but I still really wanted to see what the shade looked like, especially since I don't own Chanel Genie.

Feeling rather frustrated after several failed attempts to locate this mysterious lipgloss shade, I took to Twitter. I tweeted something to Jess along the lines of what I wrote in the previous paragraph, about being curious about the color but not really having any intention of purchasing it because of Gloss-Out.

Guess what I received in the mail yesterday? 
*Hint: It starts with a "P" and ends with an "-apaya."*


Papaya's on the right, obviously :)

Was I surprised to find Papaya in the mail? Not really - I mean, I obviously gave her my address so yeah, I knew it was coming and I still allowed it to happen. What? *embarrassed* 

Yes, I kind of cheated. I don't know what the official rules of Gloss-Out are (or if official rules even exist), but according to my rule book, if I didn't buy it, it doesn't count ;) Thanks, Jess!

Enabler #2 is Danielle, who, after hearing me whine about the cheapest MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre on Ebay being $60, kindly swatched her own Ripe Peach next to other similar blushes she owns and sent me the photo. Turns out, the new Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Tipsy (photographed above) is a really good dupe! According to Enabler #2 herself, the two look even more identical in the flesh. Yes, it's true, my friends: Danielle discovered a dupe for Ripe Peach.


Danielle's swatch:
L to R:
Milani Mai Tai
MAC Instant Chic
Tarte Tipsy
MAC Ripe Peach
Urban Decay Score
Stila Make Me Blush

Considering I sold several of my blushes in my blog sale, can you really blame me for not even thinking twice about buying Tarte Tipsy, a dupe for the beloved, but disgustingly over-priced, Ripe Peach? No, you can't. At least, I hope you can't.


Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Papaya (left) and Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Tipsy



Face:
Chanel Mat Lumiere in Cendre
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC30
Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer in 002 Beige
Bare Minerals Well-Rested
MAC MSFN in Medium Plus
Dior Matte Bronzer in 002 Honey Matte
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy


Eyes:
UDPP
UD e/s in Naked
UD e/s in Hustle
UD e/s in Toasted
UD e/s in Virgin
Milani Liquif'eye pencil in Black
MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in On the Hunt 
Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume mascara


Lips:
Revlon Colorburst l/g in Papaya

I'm not sure if you guys know this about me, but I'm kind of known for being an enabler myself: 
.:If someone asks, "Do I really need this?" I say, "Yes, you CANNOT live without it!"
 .:If they ask, "Should I get the pink, red, or coral shade?" I say, "Why not get all three?"
.:And finally, if they tell me, "I bought this because I saw you use it on your blog," I say nervously, "Really? Sooo...do you like it?"

The above three scenarios occur more often than I'd like to admit (especially the first two...hehe, sorry guys!), so it's no surprise that I also make friends with people who are enablers like me. I enable them; they enable me. After all, birds of a feather flock together, right? :D


What about you? Are you an enabler, an enablee, or both, like me?



35 comments:

  1. I'm in love with Coral cheeks and lips for spring!!
    I'm currently trying to find some good ones!!
    :)

    But I'm trying to shop my stash before buying anything new!!

    I'm a totally both!!
    It's so bad sometimes!!

    xx
    JordanMayTwigs.
    <3

    www.jordanmaytwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Danielle are now my heros! I made the stupid mistake of not buying MAC's Ripe Peach last year (I went for Azalea Blossom which I like but ...)

    I think the answer to this question is that I'm definitely both. Please excuse me while I run to the drugstore to find Papaya ...

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are totally my enabler! I always say you can make me purchase anything and now I am praying I can get my hands on that papaya gloss here in Canada. Oh, and the blush is to die for and will be added to my collection soon. If I get in trouble over the amount of money I am spending on cosmetics, I know who to blame. . .
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. your post is so funny :D!!! One can never have too many blushes ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geeeez Tiffany!
    When I saw the first picture of the lipgloss I was like okay, I can live without that.
    HOWEVER, when I saw the photo of you.... LOVE!

    That blush is a gorgeous color and a amazingly PERFECT dupe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. an*
    Why is that I always mess up my comments on your posts?! I think it's because I'm always so excited to say something! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!

    I think I'm a bit of both, but I have been enabled by you lately, first the Illamasqua Bronzing duo (which I love!),the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel,which I want to get, and now the Tarte Tipsy blush :p

    I also had a hard time finding the Papaya Lipgloss, I searched walmart, target, cvs and walgreens, but I actually ended up finding yesterday at Ralphs :D

    I think i might go back for a back up, that's how much I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jordan: Coral is probably one of my favorite "bright" colors for makeup. It pretty much flatters everyone!

    @Jessica: You should totally get Tipsy. I think it'd look lovely on you! I got Azalea Blossom too and then I sold it to Danielle, haha.

    @FunnyFaceBeauty: Oh, no! Haha, sorry for all the enabling on my end!

    @Jennifer: Thank you :)

    @Nora Schu: I know, isn't it amazing? It super pigmented too. I was definitely pleasantly surprised.

    @Betty: I'm glad you like Papaya too! If you do end up picking up the Chanel bronzer or Tarte Tipsy, please let me know how you like them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks freeking amazing.
    i love the color on.
    i think its perfect for spring and summer.<3

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a coincidence I picked up a sample of Tipsy blush from sephora after being disappointed that they don't carrry NARS Gina in canadian sephoras. And I have papaya too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An enablee!!!

    But what a beautiful combo the blush and lipgloss will make for summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How do you like the blush? I missed out on Ripe Peach too!! Saw it in front of me before the collection came out and didn't bother to swatch it. Agh! Still regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @julianne: Thank you :)

    @Justine: And what do you think of them??

    @Ki: Does your wallet get mad at you when you're constantly buying stuff based on other people's recommendations? Cause mine does! lol

    @kali: I really, really love it. It's pigmented, goes on smoothly, has really good lasting power, and the color is gorgeous. You should definitely give it a shot if you missed out on Ripe Peach.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am both. Terrible i know but i cannot help it. I am trying to NOT buy any makeuo until i use up at least one pan/gloss etc...but omg i NEED Papaya and Tarte Blush, in fact, i cannot live without it =/ =D

    ReplyDelete
  16. the gloss looks amazing on you! i cant't wait for these to come here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahaha, this post was so funny!! Although the gloss does look really pretty on you so don't feel guilty ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahahaha!!
    Brilliant post!
    I am BOTH!!! and I love all my enablers they make me feel normal!!! Sadly my real life friends are not in the slightest bit interested in make-up(I KNOW!!!!!)So i often turn to my blog pals and twitter for support ;)
    Well done for finding a way round Gloss-out! p.s I would also say that free Glosses from Cosmo DONT count!!! I got one last night as i'm on a mini buying ban,it felt good hehe!
    Love Nat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the blush and the lips! Your skin looks gorgeous too. I think I am both too! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving the lip color!:D Pretty FOTD.:D

    I can be both, haha!;D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. They look so pretty on you! And no, unless you don't purchase it, it doesn't count.

    Well, I think I'm both. Usually when everything else fails, I say to myself that I have to buy it so that I can swatch it on blog later :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this post! I am definitely an enabler, and I'm easily persuaded myself, too (gee, really??). And I'm always nervous to when someone buys something on my recommendation, too! I'm always so scared they won't like it or it won't work for them! I'm glad you like the lipgloss - I especially love it over pink lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I actually like how Tispy swatched better than Ripe Peach... and you are lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a pretty lipgloss. I saw that you mentioned that the tart's blush lasted 8hrs on your face. Did you use it alone or on top of a cream blush and what did you set it with? I work 12hr shifts and Im desperate to find products that last atleast 8 hrs.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Omg I loveee the blush. I am currently obsessed with blush and you are enabling me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am glad you like the blush so much! I know I am in looooove with the formula! Lasts all day on my oily skin too!

    You are also an enabler for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for your lovely comments, everyone!! <3

    @Pixielashes: No, free ones most certainly do not count!lol I'm glad we both agree that unless we've purchased them, it doesn't count :)

    @Yarisse: Ah, yes, I do that too. I use my blog as an excuse to buy more makeup! lol

    @Jessica: I'll have to try it over pink lipstick...I can only imagine how pretty it'll be. Thanks again for it! :)

    @Miss Nikka: I didn't use a cream blush as a base or anything like that. I applied it the same way I apply all of my other powder blushes - foundation, powder over foundation, and blush over the powder...that's it and it lasted 8 hours by itself!

    @bloominbeauty: Thank you so much for recommending it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I haven't used it yet, but it looks really nice in the pan, I am more into the new MAC Cremeblend that I picked up today in Something Special.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm both! I bought Papaya too this week. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. gaah im in love with those clay blushes! i MUST own one NOW! haha the color payoff is ridiculous. im definitely saving up for one of these...or 4. haha

    icahnicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous lipgloss must have it :)
    I'm a new follower just found your blog today and I really like it, especially the name..keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Tiffany!
    So I took a little trip to Sephora on the weekend, and got me the Tarte Tipsy blush, it is gorgeous and I love it!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. @Justine: Well, let me know how you like it when you do get around to using it! I'm sure I'll see a review from you soon :)

    @Michelle: It's such a great color for spring, isn't it?

    @cahsezsaywhat: You should definitely get your hands on one! I think you'd love it :)

    @Annabelle: Thank you so much for your kind words :) It really means a lot!

    @Betty: YAY! I'm so glad you love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...