3.21.2011

Blogger Interrogation: Don't Call Me Jessie

To kick-start my second year of blogging, I'm starting a new, but not necessarily weekly, series of posts called Blogger Interrogation where a lovely lady will voluntarily submit herself to a few, nosy questions for Will Work For Makeup readers. 

Let's see how this goes!


The blogger: Jessica (Jess is okay, too – see below…)



What is the first blog you remember following? 
The first beauty blog I ever read was Nessasary Makeup (ran by VaNESSA, hence the name of the blog). I love how fearless she is with her makeup! http://nessasarymakeup.blogspot.com/

What is the last blog you followed?
Ack, I don’t remember – I’m constantly discovering new blogs to follow! A newer one I’m loving is Makeup Never Sleeps – her swatches are fab and I love how clean, simple, and organized it all is! http://www.makeupneversleeps.com/

Without checking, how many lipsticks do you think you own?
Um.. maybe one hundred? OMG, that’s insane. It’s probably less, but just in case. Crap, I need to do a clear-out or blog sale, don’t I? Anyways, lipsticks are my favorite product, so that’s how I’ll justify it. ;)


How many do you really own? 
Psh, I’m far too lazy to count them!

You can only use 3 makeup products for the rest of your life. Which ones will they be? 
Mascara (Lancome Hypnose Drama), lipstick (YSL Rouge Pur Couture #6), and blush (Tokidoki Bellina blush in Siberia, which in my opinion is the PERFECT blush – I wish I could pass them out to my friends!) If I could make it five, I’d add Urban Decay’s eyeshadow pencil in Sin (multi-purpose!) and Origins Vitazing (I could use it as moisturizer, sunscreen, and foundation…). At one point I ranted about Vitazing breaking me out, but turns out it wasn’t the culprit – sorry, dear friend, how could I have doubted your fabulousness?

You have to get rid of 3 of your makeup products right now. Which ones will they be? 
MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation – the worst, most pore-clogging foundation I’ve ever used (I only used it twice, but have been saving it to sell or Back2Mac). MAC Saint Germain lipstick (worn once – it just looks AWFUL on me! Saved for the same reason as SFF). Revlon Photoready foundation (like a glittery lotion – hate!).

What is your best makeup tip? 
Have fun, do what you like, and trust your instincts! I’m also a big fan of research – I love websites like makeupalley for product reviews, and am constantly googling products for swatches and reviews!

What is your makeup pet peeve? 
Cakey foundation that’s too dark or light, overplucked/drawn-on eyebrows, too-dark lipliner, orange-y fake tans. 

What is the worst makeup crime you’ve ever committed? 
Oh, there have been lots I’m sure (like caterpillar brows in high school, terrible orange self-tanning lotion in college…)! That’s the thing, though – you have to know that you’ll make mistakes and look like a dork sometimes, but that’s life! You just have to laugh at yourself and move on.


What is one thing your readers don’t know about you? 
Before I was a makeup addict, I was a Blythe doll addict! I still say if my apartment were on fire, I’d try to salvage a couple before I ran out. I’m also a Barbie girl (but I think my readers may know that one).


Please link us to your favorite post. 
My Favorite Lipsticks: http://notjessie.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-22-favorite-lipsticks-ramble.html I’m a lipstick-a-holic, and it was so fun to do this one! I also like haul posts and FOTDs, which I think are the two types of posts I do the most – I think they’re good references to keep track of what I’m buying and how I use the things I buy. I love seeing other people’s hauls and FOTDs, too! 


Thank you to Jessica for letting us interrogate her! If you wouldn’t mind being interrogated, shoot me an email at willworkformakeup@hotmail.com.
***Edit: Thank you so much for the overwhelmingly positive response so far on my Blogger Interrogation series! It seems there are quite a few people interested in being interrogated and so far, I have bloggers lined up for the next 2+ months so unfortunately, I won't be taking any more volunteers at this time. I'll be sure to let you guys know when I am (probably in a few weeks)! Thanks so much for understanding :) 


16 comments:

  1. Awesome idea! Very interesting, and a good way to showcase other blogs for us to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this post! Can't wait for the next ones to be posted! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea - I loved reading her answers and I must admit it - I followed the blogs she linked. Kudos for this awesome idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh this is such a great idea! I can't wait to see more! And I'd love to take part, I'll email you tomorrow if that's okay? :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! It's always nice to read posts of this nature that go beyond a product and really look at the way bloggers/makeup addicts think about makeup & their collection!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a good idea - I'd love to do it (I'm both nosy & vocal) but it wouldn't include a picture or proper name. Too mysterious?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @jennie: Of course that's fine :) xx

    @25FLONDON: That's fine with me! We could always just use your pink and yellow hearts logo instead of a photo if you'd like. Email me if you're still interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea, and I just discovered a new blog to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good idea! Such a great way to spread the love and expose us to more bloggers :)
    Bathroom Dancer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea. I am looking forward to seeing more of these. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great idea! I've sent you an email already :)


    xxShivvyxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is a great feature! Definately following this lovely lady now! Cant wait to see who's next xx :o)

    http://lulubbeautyandfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had so much fun doing this - can't wait to see who's next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. dontcallmejessie is a favorite of mine - love this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great idea!!! Love Jessie's blog!! Awesome post Tiffany! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Checked out her blog - and followed!
    Thanks for letting us know about Jessica! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...