3.02.2011

Another Day, Another Base.


I'm still on the hunt for my perfect foundation and since foundations tend to be quite pricey, I always like to try out samples of high-end foundations before I commit to buying a whole bottle.

The other day while out and about, I picked up four samples:
Chanel Mat Lumiere in #30 Cendre
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B20 Beige Tendre
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Beige Ivory
Diorskin Nude Foundation in 021 Linen

I tried out Mat Lumiere yesterday, and today I was eager to give Vitalumiere Aqua a shot. (I've only worn each of them once, so I don't really have any firm opinions on either of them yet.)



Face:
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B20 Beige Tendre
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC30
Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer in 002 Beige
MAC MSFN in Medium Plus
Bare Minerals Well-Rested
Dior Matte Bronzer in 002 Honey Matte
Tarte Blush in Tipsy

Eyes:
UDPP
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
Wet n Wild Silent Treatment Palette (taupe shade)
MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in On the Hunt
Milani Liquif'eye Liner in Black
MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20
Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume mascara

Lips:
MAC l/s in Ever Hip

Compared to Mat Lumiere, Vitalumiere Aqua is much easier to blend, has slightly less coverage, and a very natural, skin-like finish. It's definitely not as suitable for oily skin as Mat Lumiere, as my face looked slick within an hour and a half of applying it, but I still really like the finish and don't mind having to blot more often.

I'll have to test each of these foundations out several more times before I decide to purchase one, if I purchase one of these at all.

Do you have any foundation recommendations for oily skin without a powdery or mask-like finish?


11 comments:

  1. love this post. I typically just buy the foundation and rarely sample, but that's a great idea, saves you money cause you end up buying what you really like. With chanel though I would because it's soo pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a good idea getting samples. I always end up buying foundations that work badly for my skin...guess I gotta start using the same method soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly the only Foundations I've ever used were MAC Satin Finish,
    And A Mineral Foundation By RAW Minerals.
    And currently Revlon PhotoReady.
    Unless you count Tinted Moisturizers.
    Which I've used PF Organic Wear TM.
    And Urban Decays Urban Defense.

    Have you tried doing a Tinted Moisturizer with a MAC MSF over top and a light Bronzer??
    That's what I do in the Summer.

    Hope this helps some!!

    xx
    JordanMayTwigs.
    <3

    www.jordanmaytwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still on the hunt too, I will keep in touch!:D

    Loving Ever Hip on you.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still looking myself! :P but do keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always try to get samples first too. For some reason I got a sample of Dior Nude foundation and I loved it so I bought a bottle and for some odd reason I didn't like it as much as the sample. I don't know what happened. XD

    The color match of that Chanel Vitalumiere looks perfect on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The finish is beautiful- it looks really natural :3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this overall look on you. Could be an everyday look and plus the lipstick shade =perfect for the coming Spring season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jordan: Yeah, I do that sometimes too but tinted moisturizers usually don't give me enough oil control so I still get really shiny :(

    @Miss Nikka: Are you sure it's the right color? Because at my Sephora where I got the sample, the bottles where mixed up and in the wrong order from how the display was labeled, and the SA didn't notice and wrote my shade down as the one labeled on the display but luckily, I noticed that the bottle was a different shade.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I absolutely am in love with Lorac's Natural performance Foundation. I have oily skin also and it works amazingly, plus it's paraben free yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always look super pretty! I am looking for foundation too, i mainly use BB creams or minerals. I heard Chanel's foundation was really good, it looks really nice and natural on you! Too bad it's not good for oily skin, it probs won't work on me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...