2.03.2011

Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Sheerest Cream Blush

Check out these beauties I snagged at CVS for only $2.25 a pop:

Clockwise from bottom:
Rosy
Flush
Sunset

L to R:
Rosy - medium, mauvey pink
Flush - orangey tan
Sunset - reddish pink-brown with subtle shimmer

All 3 blushes are from Sally Hansen's Natural Beauty by Carmindy line and while they don't have a dewy finish, they also don't quite have a powder finish. The finish they leave on the skin is like a natural matte, and they're easy to blend and feel like a stain on the cheeks. And contrary to the name, I don't find any of them really sheer at all.

Rosy is a great, everyday staple blush color. I think Flush will be perfect, especially in the summer, because it reminds me of a combination of bronzer and orange blush (NARS Taj Mahal, anyone?), and as long as it's used as a blush and not as a bronzer (orange bronzer is a no no), I think it'll be really flattering. And while Sunset is the deepest and scariest shade of the three, I think it'll give a really pretty, berry flush if applied sparingly and blended out well.

I haven't had enough time to play around with them yet to be able to comment on the staying power, but I'll definitely use one of them in an upcoming FOTD and update you.

All in all, I think it was $6.75 well spent :)


18 comments:

  1. 'Flush' looks beautiful, I love cream blush but we don't have many on the highstreet here. About three I can name off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I just bought my first cream blush from Sonia kashuk, I should try these too! Thanks doll xox
    -Kathleen Sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sweet deals! I have yet to get my first cream blush. Any suggestions besides these? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great price! Rosy looks so pretty(=

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the look of Rosy although Im not sure I like the matte finish. I like using cream blush because it gives that dewy finish.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great buys :D Can't wait for your review on them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Beauty's Bad Habit: Yeah, we don't have that many over here either :(

    @Kathleen: Ooo...I'm curious about those. I always see them at Target :)

    @Maggie: I have a MAC Blushcreme that I really like but they just got discontinued :( I know a lot of people love the Illamasqua ones.

    @Beauty Boutique: Me too!

    @Makeupbykatie: I know! I couldn't believe how cheap they were.

    @FunnyFaceBeauty: Yeah, I know what you mean but I still like these because they give a different finish from powder blushes - it's like in between a cream and powder blush finish.

    @Sisi: Hopefully a FOTD in the next few days and I can give you more thoughts on them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww i would love to try these. my cvs doesnt have them...ugh

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't really use cream blushes and I think I only own one from Stila. Thank you for sharing this great deal! (I love to shop for great deals!) I like all three of them, I like flush the most, I like more peachy blushes. I will definitely check these out when I go back to CVS! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love rosy! its so pretty. :) thanks for the heads up on these blushes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow these look amazing I love cream blushes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great and how affordable!

    pinkbeautybliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the look of these! Such a shame I can't get them in the UK, because as a blush whore, I'd be all over these :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the look of cream blushes, but am always scared they will break me out. But at such a good price, these are worth trying!

    I love your blog and recently was inspired to start my own! You should check it out:

    http://endlesslyinspiredblog.blogspot.com/

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rosy looks pretty, which is something I never thought I'd say about anything mauve XD

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the these colors, those muted earth tones are right up my alley! I would have definitely reached for those as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have used sunset for the past year, but I can't find them anymore.  Does anyone know where I can find them?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...