2.17.2011

Recipe for an Everyday Face


This isn't necessarily the makeup I wear everyday but rather, it's a look that could be worn everyday because it seems to go with everything and is both day and night appropriate.

What you'll need:
your usual base makeup (foundation, concealer, powder, etc.)
pretty, neutral eyeshadows (lid, crease, and highlight shades)
black eyeliner
mascara
matte bronzer
pretty, pink blush
pink lipstick or lipgloss



Face:
Sonia Kashuk tinted moisturizer in Linen
Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing concealer in 002 Beige (under-eyes)
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NC30
Bare Minerals Well-Rested
MAC MSF Natural in Medium Plus
Bourjois bronzer in 52 Peaux mates/halees
Accessorize blush in Starlet

Eyes:
UDPP
MAC e/s in Era (lid)
MAC e/s in Antiqued (crease)
MAC e/s in Dazzlelight (highlight)
Milani Liquif'eye pencil in Black
Covergirl Lash Blast Volume mascara

Lips:
Bonne Bell l/g in Strawberry Parfait

I like neutral eyeshadows for everyday but it's important for me that they have some sort of shimmer or sheen to them, because I find matte neutrals can sometimes be a bit blah and therefore, will need blush and/or lipgloss with more oomph, if you will (Notice how I've managed to incorporate "blah" and "oomph" into my blogging vocabulary!). I also like to pair neutral eyes with pink blush and lips, rather than nude/neutral blush and lips, so that there is still some color.


The bronzer and blush I used were two products that recently came for me from the lovely Nicola in the UK...

Accessorize Merged Blusher in #2 Starlet and Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder in #52 Peaux mates/halees

Nicola was a sweetheart and offered to send me the Bourjois bronzer after hearing me moan about wanting it but not being able to get my hands on Bourjois in the States. The gorgeous blush, on the other hand, was thrown in from the kindness of her heart and I couldn't be more ecstatic! It is so pretty! By the way, how freakin' cute is the bronzer? It looks like a chocolate bar and smells like it too! Both ridiculous and awesome at the same time :D

I've talked about Nicola so many times before on my blog so I'd be surprised if any of you weren't already following her, but in the off chance that you're not, what are you waiting for? Her blog, Magic's in the Makeup, is lovely and definitely one of my all-time favorites, and she is genuinely one of the sweetest people I know.

Thank you so much, Nicola! 

What's your recipe for an everyday face?


27 comments:

  1. Love your makeup, you look so pretty! You definitely don't look like you've been sick, I'm jealous wish I could look like that right after I was sick! :) Glad you're feeling better and back to blogging! Yay!

    My recipe includes: Foundation, MSF, Bronzer, Blush, Eyeshadows (don't really limit myself to neutral colors, I wear color if I feel like it that day), black eyeliner, mascara, lip balm and lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! I looove this look on you, you look absolutely gorgeous!

    My recipe :
    Foundation - NARS Sheer Glow
    Concealer - Bobbi Brown & MAC
    Powder - MAC MSF
    Bronzer - (at the moment) Benefit Hoola & Chanel
    Blush - (at the moment) Benefit Coralista
    Eyebrow pencil - I don't know what brand, I got it from Japan
    Mascara - MUFE Smoky Lash
    Eyeshadow - I just use a MAC Paint Pot all over the lid
    Lip Stain - Cover Girl lip stain

    Wow, that sounds like a lot.. when it doesn't really look like much on my face haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAH my OCD is driving me crazy, I added dots at the end of three of those lines on the list. It annoyed me so much I deleted it and copy pasted again hahaha. *blushes*

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ebru: Thank you! I feel SO MUCH better this week than I did last week. Our "recipes" are almost identical!

    @Nora Schu: Haha, it's okay! I totally understand :) And I know how it feels to list out the products you've used and the list seems super long but then you look at your face and you can't even tell. That's how I feel everytime I type out a FOTD post and list the products :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh Bourjois has a chocolate bronzer that looks like that and it actually smells like chocolate, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look! And the bourjois bronzing powder is beyond awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahhh I love that blusher!(: u look very pretty.

    --> Bree

    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. My recipe for everyday face is

    -moisturizer
    -concealer
    -powder
    -eos lip balm

    ^_^

    I love this look on you, you look so fresh and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a glow :) I love that blush/bronzer on you... it's SO pretty on you!!!!

    My recipe is just a good foundation and setting powder and Mac's Dainty blush :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your makeup here! you look really really pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look gorgeous! Love the natural look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Justine: I know! How awesome is it, right? :)

    @Charming Vanity: Thank you! I think it's pretty awesome too :)

    @Bree: Aww..thank you so much!

    @Everyday Makeup Blog: Lucky girl! I could never get away with not wearing blush...my complexion just looks so sallow without it.

    @Rainy Days and Lattes: Thank you! I unfortunately don't own Dainty but I should, apparently! It seems to be so many people's go-to blush!

    @Amy: Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Beauty Reductionista: Thank you very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look lovely. You have the blooming fresh face. :) That bronzer from UK looks yummy, I love the chocolate bar packaging. I want!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look gorgeous. It's great to have an "everyday face" that you know suits you and looks good. The Bourjois bronzer looks lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you look so radiant! I love the blush and bronzer (glad you got your hands on it - I know you were lemming for a while!!). <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have soo pretty face :) I love this kind of makep:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. your skin looks amazing && i'm definitely trying out that bronzer when i head to london next april! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous :) I love wearing makeup like this, it's just so quick and easy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay honestly so glad you like them both!!!! I wear Starlet it all the time!! I want to the try the mineralised bronzers next!! xxx p.s you made me blush, thank you for being so lovely Tiffany!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Duuuuuude, these shadows and that liner make your eye colour look so deep and pretty :3

    ReplyDelete
  22. this looks soooo good!!! definitely trying the eye combo out :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. can you please tell us what foundation you are using now? cus ur skin looks amazing tiffany!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WillWorkForMakeupJune 15, 2011 at 8:06 PM

    Thank you, Kirsty! Lately, I've been alternating between Sonia Kashuk tinted moisturizer (which is what I'm using in this FOTD), MUFE Face & Body foundation, and Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hour foundation. Some days I just use Origins Vitazing and extra concealer and call it a day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...