2.20.2011

Products I'm Loving Right Now ♥ Vol.IV



+Accessorize Merged Blusher in Starlet+
I only received this is the mail from Nicola last week but I'm OBSESSED with it! I've worn it everyday since getting it, and I'm so surprised that I could love a pink blush this much! I sometimes have a difficult time finding a good pink blush that really suits my skin tone (I usually find that peachy blushes are more flattering on me) but this one has the perfect amount of shimmer and just brightens up my complexion and makes it look radiant. I'm wearing it here.

+Swedish Skin Anti-Aging Eye Cream+
I've already talked about my love for this eye cream in my updated skincare post so there's not too much more to say, but this eye cream has really been one of those products I didn't think I needed but have now realized that I can't live without :)

+Wet n Wild Silent Treatment Palette+
This trio includes an icy pink highlight shade, a black with pink and gold shimmer crease shade, and a silvery taupe lid shade. All three shades have excellent pigmentation and are perfectly coordinated to create a cohesive eye look. The best part is that it retails for only $3!

+Bare Minerals Well-Rested+
I'm addicted to using Well-Rested to set my under-eye concealer! Not only does it set my concealer perfectly and aids in its lasting power, it also adds a considerable amount of additional coverage and brightness to my under-eye area that I haven't been able to achieve with the use of any other products. You can read my review here.

+MAC Soiree and Essie Chinchilly+
These are the two nail polishes I've been alternating between lately. Soiree is a gorgeous and unique rose gold shade, while Chinchilly is a creamy grey that is a fresh take on neutral nails. I can't seem to get enough of either of them! Here is Chinchilly on my nails.

+MAC Blushcreme in Ladyblush+
I don't have a ton of experience with cream blush but this is definitely one of the best I've tried. It has a really thick and somewhat sticky texture but I find that when I apply it with my Sephora contouring brush (I've never applied it with my fingers), it's still super easy to blend and the odd texture actually helps with the longevity of the blush, especially on oilier skin.

+Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eye Pencils in Black and Silver+
I'm just going to go ahead and say it: The Milani Liquif'eye eye pencil in Black is blacker and lasts longer on the waterline than Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On pencil in Zero...and it costs less than half the price! I've also been loving the Silver one on my inner corners as a brightening highlight :)

+Inglot brush #6SS+
I was intrigued by this brush because it looked very reminiscent of the MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush. The shape is almost identical with the exception of the Inglot 6SS being the tiniest bit wider/bigger. This brush is also softer and denser than the 224 and therefore, it's better at blending out harsh lines but is still dense enough that it can be used to apply color to the crease. Love.

What have you been loving lately?


14 comments:

  1. Oh wow look at the new Essie packaging, can't say I am a fan... I wish we had accessorize stuff here in Canada, that blush looks really nice (like the hard candy one). Silent Treatment was the palette that interested me the most from the new 3 pan variety too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me totally wanting to try the Swedish Skin eye cream!

    I called Inglot yesterday when I was working on my blog and they said they had still NOT raised the prices. They are having problems with raising the prices and won't be changing them until May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! I gotta try that MAC cream blush, it looks like cubic which is one of my fave blushes :)

    theroyalblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Justine: I don't like the new Essie packaging either :( I'm glad Accessorize makeup isn't available in the US because I'd probably want to buy the whole collection!

    @Diane: Really? Thank you for letting me know! I may have to pick up a few last minute purchases :)

    @Leah: Ooo..I've never tried Cubic before. Might have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be interested to know if the Accessorize range is either similar or exactly the same as the Hard Candy line!

    There's been a lot of talk about Accessorize blushes & shadows, so I'm interested to try them, but also a little curious about Hard Candy ones because of the same reason!

    If they're the same, then I'll be killing two birds with one stone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! :) I'm loving NARS blush in Desire, MAC Eye Pencil in I Get No Kick, ELF Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips, ELF e/s in Ivory, and Sephora Atomic Volume Mascara. I really want to try the Swedish Skin Eye Cream!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wanting to try that blush more and more :) Your last FOTD was gorgeous!!! :) You have fabulous taste in makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made me want to try the Accessorize blush :D you look gorgeous with it in the FOTD in the linked post! I shall try the Milani liquidfye liners too, they look like dupes for UD 24/7 !

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your favs! I have that same wet n wild trio palette and I love it. My first wet n wild shadow purchase. Where did your friend get that accessorize blush. I heard it's in the UK only? I dont think they sell them in the states... or do they? oh and where did you find that milani pencil? My area CVS does not carry that liner! :( so many things but no where to be found.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @25London: I've never tried anything from the Hard Candy line but from what I've seen on other people's blogs, a lot of their blushes seem to be sheer and my Accessorize one isn't sheer at all. They do look a lot alike, though!

    @Amy: I should've gotten MAC I Get No Kick! It looks so pretty and I can totally understand why it's one of your favorites :)

    @Rainy Days and Lattes: Aww, thank you so much!

    @Jennifer: Yup, the Milani pencils apply just as smoothly as the UD 24/7 pencils but like I said, I think it's more pigmented and lasts even longer than the UD ones!

    @Julie: My friend is from the UK and no, Accessorize isn't available in the States :( And I got my Milani pencils from CVS...maybe try checking other CVS locations?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post , thanks for letting us in on your must haves, i think i may have to pruchase a few xx :O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh am dying to try the accessorize blush as well...so many positive reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh this makes me realise that I'm on a makeup rut! Been wearing a neutral mid tone brown eye, nars orgasm and purple lips (I blame gloss-out for that part) for a couple of weeks now! Eeeeek!
    I really need to mix things up a bit, I think your post gave me the push I needed! ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. the accesorize and hard candy ranges are actually the same. the blush in starlet is the same as living doll from hard candy. some batches are more pigmented than others and that's why their is mixed reviews! 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...