1.03.2011

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation



Foundation is something I haven't dabbled in as much as I have other makeup and beauty products. I'm normally underwhelmed by a lot of drugstore foundations, but high-end ones are such an investment at $40+ a bottle that I'm usually hesitant to shell out that kind of money just to try something new that may very well end up not working for me.

I have oily skin with heavy acne scarring but I've decided that I hate most foundations formulated for oily skin (too drying, too matte, too cakey) and foundations with full-coverage (heavy and mask-like). I'd rather use a lighter coverage foundation with a semi-matte finish and instead, use concealer and blot my face throughout the day as needed. This may seem silly to some people, but everyone has different wants and needs from their makeup and these are just my personal preferences.



After studying the display for at least 15 minutes, I finally settled on the shade 220 Natural Beige. Fit Me foundation claims to:

-Match natural tone
-Blend seamlessly
-Let skin breathe

Sounds kind of amazing, right?


Different lighting
(Note: The foundation was not completely blended in the photos above because I had far too much product on my hand.)

Fit Me has light to light/medium coverage and I find that I have to use more concealer on my blemishes and scarring than I do with NARS Sheer Glow. Like I said, I hate full-coverage but I do wish this foundation had just a little bit more. Because it's a lighter coverage foundation, it won't be as obvious if the shade you've chosen is not your perfect match (mine isn't :-/ ).

I can totally vouch for it's second claim of seamless blending. The foundation goes on so smoothly and is so easy to blend! I've been using my fingers to apply it (I may try it with a foundation brush later this week to see if I can achieve more coverage) and the application has been flawless.

It has a little bit less than a semi-matte finish (but not quite dewy) but it doesn't feel oily on my skin at all. And while it doesn't exactly control my oil production, it also does not make it more oily than normal.

One of my favorite things about this foundation is that it never looks cakey and it doesn't separate or cake up around my chin and mouth area like NARS Sheer Glow does! I wish I could combine the two so that I could get the finish, easy blendability, and non-cakeyness around the mouth area of Fit Me but the coverage and oil control of Sheer Glow. 

If Fit Me and Sheer Glow had a love child, it might just be my HG foundation.


22 comments:

  1. This is a great review. I currently use Sheer Glow as well, but I'm very interested in this now, I'm definitely gonna try it out in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got this foundation, too, and wore it for the first time yesterday! My shade match was 120. I really liked it (like you said, blends like a dream! I also like the dewy finish), but I got pretty oily later in the day and it seemed like it had all but disappeared by nightfall. I'll give it another go, though, because I really want to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen this foundation before. I have recently found a foundation that works well for my skin (oily, acne scared as well) but as any makeup junkie, I am always looking for new products to try. I will definitely have a look at this the next time I am in the drugstore.

    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for our review~!!!! i saw this in the store and couldnt fig out my color and didnt want to chance it but i will give it a sec look.
    Awesome post as always, super helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I've been eyeballing this foundation...I love that it actually has an intelligent display, with testers. Nice, for the drugstore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I'm quite impressed with the packaging. It doesn't look like a drugstore foundation at all...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jennifer: Let me know how you like it :)

    @dontcallmejessie: Yeah, the lasting power is not the greatest...

    @FunnyFaceBeauty: It's new so hopefully you'll be seeing it in stores soon!

    @Lilladylife: When trying to chose a drugstore foundation match, it helps me to pick up another drugstore foundation in a shade that I've already tried or own (I used Revlon PhotoReady) to compare it to. It's not a sure thing but it helps :)

    @femputer: Thank you :) Mine didn't have testers but if it did, I probably would've been able to find my perfect match, lol.

    @Charming Vanity: I agree. I actually really like the packaging :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this quick review. I saw these at Target and was tempted to buy it, good thing I waited. I need to read more reviews on it. Don't like to waste my money. Does it have a pump?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Miss Nikka: No, it doesn't have a pump :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo I've heard about this line once recently. I didn't know it was going to be sold in the U.S. Where did you find this? I wanna try the foundation!!! Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this line is brand new too me. I didn't know Maybelline had this out! Anyways, I wish drugstores would have samples out for people to try (sigh) It's so difficult settling for a foundation color when I'm afraid I'll get something that doesn't match me. (Especially when it's nonrefundable!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Tiffany,
    I have the same skintype ( basically I have oily skin - mainly in the t-zone- combined with dry patches around my chin... and I have large pores, black heads around my t-zone and very bad acne scars too) and for me it is extremely hard to find a foundation wich feeds all of my needs... I hope one day I will find one which is perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Julie: I found it at Target :)

    @Amyboo: I actually saw photos of other displays that had testers of this foundation but the one at Target didn't :(

    @Lillus: I'm right there with you! Good luck to us both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh I can't wait for this to come out here, because I want to go stare. The bottle looks so classy ;]

    ReplyDelete
  15. just read about this foundation the other day and am quite curious. dont think it is out here in Canada yet. I love how maybelline reinvented themselves with the packaging. thanks so much for the awesome review of it!
    Maricela
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.. VividFusion ....Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    VividFusion on Youtube
    VividFusion on Facebook
    VividFusion on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been using this foundation for about a week now and have to agree with you 100% percent! I love the fact that, even after hours of wearing, it doesn't sit into any cracks or creases of the face. I actually really like this foundation =). Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, very intrigued now!!!
    And it really blends in almost flawlessly judging from the pictures!
    Sounds like a hit for a drugstore-type foundation!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I finally got this in Canada this past weekend. it's pretty sweet, sheer-light coverage though me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clinique has a really great foundation called Even better that I use and it actually helps get rid of scarring and discoloration! It's thickish but not TOO thick. You should try a sample of that, I really like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I read tons of reviews on this foundation before purchasing it and I am definitley happy I picked it up. It blends very well, has great coverage, and doesn't sink into pores. It does wear off but lasts me all school day so thats what matters. I do have to use concealer and powder becuase I have acne scars and I sometimes add a little bit of another foundation to get perfect coverage but all is good with this foundation, especially the color!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You should try Rimmel London's lasting finish 25 hour foundation, i kinda have the same skin you do &it works pretty amazing. It won't dry out your skin because it has moisturizing aqua primer in it..and its probably the best foundation i've ever had. You can build it up as concealer and it will blend pretty well. And the coverage is really good, at least for a drug store product. &it's like 7 or 8 bucks! Duh, it doesn't last for "25" hours. but it does last the whole day, for me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Anonymous: Thank you for the suggestion! I'll check it out when I'm done with my Project 10 Pan :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...