1.05.2011

Denim on Denim and Trying Out New Products.

As promised, here is a FOTD using Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel and Maybelline Fit Me foundation...



Face:
Maybelline Fit Me foundation in 220 Natural Beige
Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing concealer in 002 Beige (under-eyes)
e.l.f. Under-eye concealer in Medium (under-eyes)
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NC30 
Bare Minerals Well Rested (set under-eye concealer)
MAC MSFN in Medium Plus
Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel
Benefit blush in Bella Bamba (apples only)
Dior Shimmerstar in Amber Diamond

Eyes:
UDPP
MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
UD e/s in Mushroom (lid)
UD e/s in Oil Slick (outer corner)
UD e/s in Buck (mixed with Naked and used to blend out lid color)
UD e/s in Naked
UD e/s in Virgin (highlight)
Milani Liquif' Eye pencil in Black
Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara

Lips:
MAC tinted lip conditioner in Calm Mode

This is my third or fourth time using Soleil Tan de Chanel and my thoughts on it haven't changed. I still really, really like it. It's very easy to blend and on me, the color is really natural and imparts the most healthy glow to my skin. Also, notice how bright my under-eye area looks - thanks Bare Minerals Well Rested!

***

I used to be a firm believer in the denim-on-denim look being a major fashion faux pas, but now I'm starting to think it could just work. The key is to make sure the two articles of denim are not the same color - the bigger the difference in color, the better.

A light denim top...

paired with dark denim bottoms!




Denim top: Marshall's
Jeggings: Marshall's
Boots: Ross
Watch: Nixon
Bow bracelet: H&M
Necklace: Pandora



20 comments:

  1. i love the denim on denim look!and why is your skin so flawless x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so gorgeous!! This is such a lovely FOTD & I'm loving that denim top!

    Kaushal xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty! Love the outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the outfit and that eye is to die for. Im going to check if I have all of those U/D colour and try that eye out. I love the Chanel Tan de Soleil bronzer. Im glad you like it too. Its hard to describe to people but it just works so well.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love the eye makeup and your perfect glowy skin.

    The boots are adorable also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look and ooohh! Your necklace is awesome :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww you're so pretty! :3 love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for all of your kind comments, ladies! :) xx

    @landi: Thank you but it's not exactly flawless in real life :) x

    @FunnyFaceBeauty: It *is* hard to describe! It's such an interesting texture. Let me know how it turns out if you do end up trying out the look. I'm sure it'll look fab on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the fotd after your review...really helped show how the foundation looks on!
    and i would never think denim on denim would look nice, however it looks awesome with the light and the dark denim :)
    Maricela
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.. VividFusion ....Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    VividFusion on Youtube
    VividFusion on Facebook
    VividFusion on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  10. the denim looks great together, and I LOVE your pandora necklace.

    http://www.beauty-comesfromwithin.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your OOTD! :) and what a gorgeous eye! it looks like a broken down version of what MAC Club eyeshadow might look like if taken apart... if that makes any sense. Hahaha, anyway, you look beautiful! great look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @the Honey B: Yup, that totally makes sense and I can see it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE your eye look here, it makes your eye colour seem very intense. And I think you totally work the denim on denim look :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look lovely!! I really like denim on denim just like that..a big contrast and light on the top! Looks amazing. I used to rock denim on denim all the time in a much tackier way back in the 90's ;) I love a throwback any day. Your makeup looks amazing too btw!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too cute Tiffany! :]

    I think you're a stylish blogger, so I've given you this award. Come take a look at: http://sisisparkles.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html
    I hope you will accept it, keep on rockin!

    SiSi

    ReplyDelete
  16. @SiSi: Thank you so much! Very much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Agreed 100%, denim on denim is a big hit if the shades are contrasting one another enough! ;)
    Love the colours of your FOTD too! ;)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...