1.13.2011

7-Day Lipstick Challenge: Coral.

We've finally come to the last day of the 7-Day Lipstick Challenge and I can't say I'm not thrilled. I really did enjoy rediscovering some of my less-loved lipsticks and experimenting with a few colors that are a bit out of my comfort zone, but it started to feel like a chore to have to take photos of my face everyday by a certain time (to utilize natural light), especially since I'm not used to doing FOTD pictures everyday.

The last color in the challenge is coral. I chose one of my all-time favorite coral lipsticks, Chanel Rouge Allure in Genial, a limited edition shade from the Summer 2010 collection.



Genial is a bright coral that goes on smoothly and feels light on the lips. It's actually much brighter than it appears in these photos, and it's a color best saved for Spring and Summer.


Challenge Complete!


Again, I want to thank Nicola from Magic's in the Makeup for allowing me to borrow her "Lipstick Week" idea. If you haven't already checked out her blog, I strongly encourage you to do so now. Also, if any of you lovely ladies would like to attempt this challenge as well, I urge you to credit Nicola for this fun idea and not me :)




18 comments:

  1. Love this on you!
    Congrats on finishing!


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is extremely flattering on you:)
    I know how you feel, I did a foundation challenge (for myself mostly) and after 4 FOTD I couldn't do any pictures, I was so fed up with it!

    Well done though- you did well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the eyeshadow you have on in this photo- what is it?

    I just adore Rouge Allures, and have been wanting to get Genial after seeing it on models at Chanel Couture fall 2010

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour. I remember trying to find this lipstick but every Chanel counter was sold out.
    I still want to do this challenge but will have to wait til i can get out of bed otherwise it would be a little boring...no makeup and just lipstick.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD JOB! I would die if I tried to do FOTDs 7 days in a row (but I blog like once a month lately, so perhaps that explains it ;))! You look beautiful in every single pic! I have to say, I think my faves may be this one and the pink, although I love the nude too! You just look good in any color :) The eyeshadow with this particular lipstick is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Savannah: Thank you so much :)

    @Cheeky Beauty: I felt the same way. It was fun for the first 3 or 4 days and then after that, I didn't want to do it anymore, lol. I'm happy I didn't quit though!

    @Jen W: Thank you! The eyeshadow is Gold Ribbon from the Sleek Sparkle palette :)

    @FunnyFaceBeauty: Yes, please do it too! And feel better soon!

    @ellamarie84: Lol ;) Thank you and surprisingly, I think my personal favorite was the plum/wine shade even though I'd be afraid to actually wear it out in public :)

    @Charming Vanity: Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such pretty color on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous colour! I know I just said this to you on twitter but you really do suit all colours! Where as there were two days that were complete fails when I did this! And do you not feel now that you would quite happily not do any FOTDs for a looong time? :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely color <3. I have to buy a similiar this one. Any ideas? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty! what color eyeshadow are you wearing? xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Nicola: Yes, that's exactly how I feel! :D

    @sunbeam: YSL Rouge Volupte #27 Rose Paris is very similar :)

    @Heatherette: It's Gold Ribbon from the Sleek Sparkle palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked your lipstick challange week =) coral suit you very well! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This lipstick with the eyeshadow you have on make for a lovely spring look!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coral lips look gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the good photographies, but You photogenic!
    ultram
    50 mg


    buy
    tramadol overnight

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...