12.14.2010

When Winter Puts a Damper on Blogging.

After realizing how much I've slacked off lately on posting FOTDs, I vowed to make an honest attempt to do more of them...until I was faced with one huge obstacle: It starts getting dark at 4pm now! Really?!

I always prefer to take photos with natural lighting as I find it captures color in its truest form whereas flash can wash-out color and artificial lighting can alter colors altogether, depending on the color of the bulb. But, after spending all of this time doing my makeup, I refused to let it go to waste and forced some decent pictures out of it :)

(I realize these photos are pretty dark. They were taken with the room light on, but still taking advantage of whatever natural daylight was still peeking through the window.)




Face:
Revlon Photo Ready foundation in 005 Natural Beige
Eve Pearl Salmon concealer in Medium (under-eyes)
MAC Studio Finish SPF35 concealer in NC30
MAC MSFN in Medium Plus
NARS blush in Douceur
MAC pigment in Vanilla (cheek highlight)

Eyes:
UDPP
Inglot eyeshadows (the first, fourth, and fifth shades in palette)
MAC pigment in Vanilla (highlight)
UD 24/7 Glide-On Liner Pencil in Zero
Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara

Lips:
MAC l/g in Love Nectar

Lesson learned. Note to self: Must take photos earlier on in the day :)

Has anyone else's blogging suffered as a result of these Winter months?


23 comments:

  1. Very pretty! OMG yeah it's sufferened. I cant take pics when I get home because it's too dark. I usually always do FOTD with flash because my camera washes out everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Picture time for the blog is cut way down!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I also have the lighting problem.. gerr! winterdays are so short!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! It's getting dark here by 4 too and it STINKS. It's so hard getting good photos to do reviews. =O

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so cute w/ bangs !! ^_^

    and wow! your eyelashes.. lash blast did that ?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! I hate the early darkness too - and the cold! I usually go on my patio to do my FOTD pics - today I snapped two real quick then ran back inside! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful eyes! :D
    Winter makes me extra lazy, but probably more PC addicted...so I think I blog more during winter. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about the lighting. I find that with product photos as well. I have started taking a bunch of pictures when its nice out and save them for future posts although that is hard with a FOTD
    Even with the unnatural lighting, this look is gorgeous. Your eyes look amazing! I wish my smoky eye looked that good.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! I think you look stunning! I always take pictures inside with a flash, but I really need to take advantage of the great outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty! I can wear that makeup any time of the day!

    Raech
    http://ilvoeshopping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo love love love your EOTD here! I think it's a really good balance of smokiness while still being daytime! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love your FOTD!! Yes! I hate that its dark out at 4pm too! :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. @siwing: Thank you :) and yes, it's all from Lash Blast! It's my favorite mascara :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. you still look great with the lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's such a lovely look. I hear you about the light. The light that I get in the day is tricky to work with too. I find it really hard to get accurate swatch photos. I think I need to invest in one of those daylight bulbs!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so lovely and fresh faced!! Ugh I hate winter - all my photos are so dull :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're so pretty!! =) I understand, same here with the winter lighting, it's always so dull and dark now. xX

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's exactly my problem lately: by the time I 've finished everything else, the light is already lost! :(
    Still though, a FOTD is better than no FOTD, right? ;) And yours is just lovely!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. i know exactly how you feel about the early winter evenings.. i like taking pics in natural light!! =[

    you have beautiful eyes, i do love this look! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. love it! black but doesn't look like you were punched! Gorgeous!

    ~dioana XX

    ReplyDelete
  21. I totally know what you mean. It's starting to stay light a little later but overall it is hard to fit in a good photoshoot when I have like a 10 minute window between getting home from work and it getting dark. Ah well. . . fingers crossed summer will come quickly!!

    PS your 'Romantic makeup' FOTD was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...