12.08.2010

Chanel Khaki Vert Dupe?

The question mark at the end of this blog post title is due to the fact that I don't actually own Chanel Khaki Vert nail polish and therefore, cannot compare it against what I think may be a good dupe, Urban Outfitter's nail polish in Green 12.

The color caught my eye immediately when I saw it because I'd been lusting over Chanel Khaki Vert since it was released a few months ago but the $25 price tag meant it was a no-no for me, and I happen to have developed a mild obsession with army/camo greens lately.

Green 12 is a unique shade of camo green that also leans a bit grey.




Urban Outfitters' nail polishes will set you back $5 a bottle and I was really impressed with Green 12's formula. I had relatively low expectations for it since I had never tried UO's nail polish range before, but Green 12 applied very easily and was completely opaque with 2 coats.

Do you own Chanel Khaki Vert and if so, do you think this is a good dupe?


14 comments:

  1. i love the colour, soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont own Chanel but this one looks such a gorgeous green gray nail polish!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say closer to Essie Sew Psyched - Khaki vert is alot more yellow in my opinion - But its still a gorgeous color anyways!! Plus for $5 thats awesome! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been intrigued by the UO nail polishes piled high in that random pit next to the register but never actually tried it! Green 12 suits you well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice bottle, it looks a bit like essie sew psyched too perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @liquoredonlacquer: Oh, thank you :) I don't have Sew Psyched either so I wouldn't be surprised if it was more similar to that one than to Khaki Vert.

    @Justine: Not sure since I don't have it but that's what liquoredonlacquer said too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks like the Essie Sew psyched too. Can't remember what the Chanel one looks like, but I really like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks pretty good! that color is super in style right now(:

    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. is urban outfitters available in the us? i've never seen it around any of my local malls! but gorgeous color, thanks for the dupe! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely a Sew Psyched dupe! I can't vouch for Khaki Vert either, for the same reason you gave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the color is super nice!!!! IM LOvin it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...