11.03.2010

Tinted Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm SPF 15

After reading Caitlin's post on Chrysanthemum about tinted Carmex a few days ago, I knew I had to get my hands on these babies. Especially as the weather starts to get cooler and my normally dry lips become uncomfortably dry and chapped, lip balm is a must and tinted lip balm is an added and very welcomed bonus.

Sheer Pink Tint (left) and Sheer Peach Tint

Notice the tacky color strips at the bottom of each cap that are not very indicative of the actual colors of the products.

Sheer Pink Tint (top) and Sheer Peach Tint

Sheer Pink Tint

Sheer Peach Tint

I love both but my favorite of the two is the peach one. These lip balms apply smoothly, are really moisturizing, and have fairly good pigmentation. They have a slight vanilla scent that masks the traditional medicated Carmex smell but once the product is applied to your lips, the vanilla scent disappears rather quickly while the medicated smell lingers a little bit longer. There is also a slight tingling sensation, much like the original Carmex formula.

I've been reaching for these non-stop since I got them, and they are a great alternative to lipstick when you still want a little bit of color but need more moisturization.



19 comments:

  1. Oh wow I love the peach one on you! I got the pink one, but my lips are pigmented more than I'd like them to be, and when I apply it it makes my lips appear red :( Maybe I'll try the peach one out next time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lips looks very moist. :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blast you Carmex I'm already addicted to the original now you have to come out with this. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany, your lips looks so moist and it's amazing how the pigment shows up really well on your lips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! i love the peach one on you! definately have to hunt these down... i hope my local drugstore has them! >< thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both looks gorgeous on you and they plump lips amazingly I see!!
    Love moisturize lip balms they just feel so good!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clinique superbalms all the way for me. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the post! They look great, especially the peach one. Love Carmex lipbalms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i defo need to get my hands on these now! the UK takes sooo long :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooooooooo that looks awesome on your lips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both look gorgeous and I like the glossy effect on the lips :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg I need to try these I like the original carmax but i hate the smell of it

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this!! :p I need to get my hand on it now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Jennifer: I feel your pain, lol. My lips are pretty pigmented too. I think you may like the peach one better although the color can be pretty bright, even on pigmented lips.

    @Expensive Pink: I don't mind the medicated smell, oddly enough, but to be honest, these smell only a tad bit better than the original. The vanilla really doesn't last at all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. omgg Tinted carmex!! where didu get em?

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Oreleona: I got them at Walgreens :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...