11.10.2010

Revlon Black Cherry = $5 MAC Media

I just can't seem to get enough of dark, vampy lips for Fall and Winter. They are such a simple way to make a statement without spending an hour on your makeup. The newest addition to my vampy lip color collection is Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry.

Revlon Black Cherry and MAC Media

Once I got home and opened it up however, I couldn't help but think it looked almost identical to one of my other favorite lipsticks, MAC Media.

Revlon Black Cherry (top) and MAC Media

They look almost identical, right? Black Cherry is glossier, a little bit sheerer, and a tad lighter and redder than Media, and I also find it a bit more wearable for the same reasons. Media's Satin finish, however, makes it much longer lasting.

Here's Black Cherry on my lips:

To see Media on my lips, click here.

All in all, I'd say that the two are definitely dupe-able! If you've been looking for an ever so slightly more wearable version of MAC Media lipstick for only about a third of the price, then look no further than Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry :)


13 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous lip color! This is something I will def check out :)

    theroyalblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is sooo gorgeous. Will be heading to the drugstore tomorrow to check it out. I don't know if I am too fair to wear it thought. What do you do with the rest of your makeup when you wear such a dark, vampy lipstick?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that is a fantastic dupe, honey! Great find!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to add this to my small vamp collection! Plus i've been leaning toward bold lipsticks lately so this will be perfect =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @FunnyFaceBeauty: I'd do either a simple cat eye or even soft, pale gold eye look paired with warm cheeks...I like Korres Natural blush or even just a golden bronzer in place of blush, but nothing with too much color, just warmth. And don't forget a cheek highlight :)

    And in case you're interested, this is how I did my makeup when I wore Media: http://willworkformakeup.blogspot.com/2010/10/taking-mac-media-lipstick-from-day-to.html Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I wonder how it compares to MAC Rebel, because I think Rebel is much more pink and red than Media.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @SilhouetteScreams: I don't have Rebel but based on the swatches I found on Temptalia, I don't think they're too similar. Rebel seemed really pink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black Cherry looks gorgeous! Lovely colour, good comparison too x

    http://thehqofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will definitely have to check this out..i dont have any dark lipsticks..i should try a drugstore first and see if i like it. It looks nice on you lips though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thease are both super pretty colors..but its been a long time since I've worn dark lipstick...but i think im going to try out the Revlon one and see how it looks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Black Cherry. I managed to get it for €3 in Boots a few months ago, I was so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a gorgeous fall vampy colour on you. i love this dupe!

    <3 angie
    Pandaphilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning. I love my vampy shades too, and you've inspired me to wear my Chanel Rouge Coco Rouge Noir out tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...