11.06.2010

One Eyeshadow FOTD.



Face:
L'Occitane Almond Apple Velvet Eye Gel
Korres Face Primer
NARS Sheer Glow in Punjab
Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer in Beige 002
MAC Studio Finish SPF35 in NC30
MAC MSF Natural in Medium Plus
NYC Bronzer in Sunny
Illamasqua Bronzer in Burnish

Eyes:
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
MUA e/s in #1
Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara

Lips:
Rosebud Perfume Co. lip balm in Brambleberry Rose (LE)
MAC l/s in Girl About Town (blotted)



I wore the same look today as I did yesterday because I love how simple it is! I used a pearly off-white eyeshadow (any warmer highlight shade will work) and used a MAC 217 to sweep it in my inner corner up through the inner third of my crease. I then applied the same shade to my eyebrow bone and along my lower lash line, and I swept whatever was left on my brush on the lid all the way up to my eyebrow. 

You definitely do not want an even layer of the shadow from lash line to brow bone because that will just make your eyelid look dimensionless. Instead, by focusing on certain areas and only applying leftover product to the rest, those certain areas, like the inner corner and brow bone, will be more highlighted than the rest.

I also found that by using a pearly highlight shade and finishing off with lots of mascara the eyes made me look very awake and refreshed. Success!

What eyeshadow do you use for your one-eyeshadow look?


16 comments:

  1. The e/s really brightens up your eyes :) I love how simple it is to just sweep and get on with your life, haha :) You look glowing from the inside out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the simplicity! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looks so fresh faced. :) I like the lip color! I do the one eyeshadow look a lot and i use neutral colors anything from my ed naked palette or too faced smokey eye palette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so fresh and glowly girlie but tell me what do you think of the Korres primer?I'm curious cause havent try this one!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is my favorite FOTD you've done! The eyeshadow is soo precious.
    You look absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so fresh and lovely! Your lip color looks gorgeous xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love using woodwinked as a one eyeshadow color

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and fresh looking. No wonder you wore it twice in a row pretty lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! You look so natural :) Girl About Town is an amazing lipstick!

    http://www.twinklebug.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What happened to your eye brows?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did something similar this week. I used a Lorac eyeshadow on my lid and brow bone. Added a ton of mascara. So easy and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Rainy Days and Lattes: That's so sweet of you to say! Thank you!

    @Jen: Thanks love :)

    @Miss Nikka: Good choices! I feel like almost all the shades in the Naked Palette would be good for the one eyeshadow look.

    @Blushingloves: I like the way it smells and feels on my skin, but I haven't really seen any visible difference as far as how it makes my makeup look or last on my face :/

    @Nora-Schu: Awww...thank you so much! I'm glad you like it!

    @Pearlessence: Thank you :)

    @Nicole: Woodwinked is on my ever-growing wishlist!

    @nicoletta: Thank you, Nicoletta!

    @Gem: Isn't it? I love it :)

    @Expensive Pink: Thanks girl!

    @Anonymous: Nothing, but thank you for your concern :D

    @Andrea: I totally agree. It's definitely a fool-proof look :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great idea, kinda letting your natural eye contours do their job :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg just came back here to check out the eyebrow comment. people are weird.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...