11.15.2010

♥ My Top 5: Tinted Lip Balms ♥

Although I absolutely adore lipstick and lipgloss, sometimes in the winter I'll find that my lips are far too dry for either of those products and lip balm is what my lips really need. I tend to stick to tinted lip balms so that I can have color and moisturization - the best of both worlds :)



Clockwise from top:
Carmex Moisture Plus in Peach Tint
Rosebud Perfume Co. Brambleberry Rose (LE)
N.Y.C. Lip Sliders in Sugar Coated
Korres Lip Butter in Mango
Sleek Pout Polish in Pink Cadillac

L to R: Carmex - Sleek - Korres - N.Y.C. - Rosebud Perfume Co.

Carmex Moisture Plus in Peach Tint actually provides more pigmentation to your lips than it you'd think from looking at the swatch above. You can read my original review here.

I've heard about the Sleek Pout Polishes being compared to MAC Tinted Lip Conditioners and while I cannot compare them myself since I don't own any TLCs, I can say that I'm very impressed with the Pout Polishes. They are relatively moisturizing and have excellent pigmentation. The only downside (for me, anyway) is that the smell gives me a little bit of a headache :-/

Korres Lip Butters have been a favorite amongst the beauty blogging community for quite some time now and I'm afraid I don't have anything new or revolutionary to add. It's moisturizing, makes my lips super soft, and Mango adds a pretty coral color to my lips.

N.Y.C. Sugar Coated Lip Slider is probably the least moisturizing of the bunch, if I'm being honest, but I still enjoy using it regardless. It's a tiny bit sticky (which makes it last longer so I don't mind) and manages to nude out my lips a bit while adding a pretty milky pink sheen.

Rosebud Perfume Co. Brambleberry Rose is one of my favorite lip balms of all time. It's the sheerest lip balm of the 5 and appears mostly clear on my overly pigmented lips but I just had to include it anyways :) It's super moisturizing and I can never be without it. It also feels light on the lips, making it a great lip balm option to wear under drier lipsticks.

What's your favorite tinted lip balm?


16 comments:

  1. I love the NYC balms! I have two that I use religiously lol one being the one you have :) I think they are probably my favorite tinted lip balms. I also like Korres, my favorite one is the Pomegranate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fave is Sleek Raspberry Souffle! I really wish it wasn't LE :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear simple rosy lips by Vaseline. Texture is great and moisturize well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the korres one does look amazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great faves, I still havent tried any of them. I have the carmex moisture plus in peach, I need to open it and try it now! :) My favorite is eos and the original carmex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! You have so many lipbalms! But YES, I agree that since winter is around the corner my lips are also drying out as well! Right now, I'm just trying to use up as many of my lipbalms as much as possible. I've already used up 2 of the 4 Aquafina lipbalms that I have. I have 2 left to go and both of them are almost finished! I also used to use the regular Carmex, which I'm still working on one, but it doesn't show much improvement at all. I also have those ELF lipbalms that I got as a free gift with my ELF purchases. So....I've got quite a ways to go. Plus, I'm trying to use up all the lipglosses that I've accumulated as well! Talk about project 10 pan. I've got to get going on my lip products! And lipglosses take FOREVER!
    Anyway, I don't have a favorite one yet...LOL
    And I almost forgot about the Vaseline one that I needed since I left all my other lipbalms elsewhere when I was traveling...Maybe Vaseline is the only one that's really working...and it's multi-functional as well...

    <33 Rena

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only one of those I have is the Sleek Pout Polish, I love the colour and finish, but agree about the smell - it's cloying and off putting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same NYC I agree with everything you said. I want to try the Korres one read so many great things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love NYC lip sliders and wow, you got me wanting the Rosebud Perfume Co Brambleberry! yum! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all look so nice! :) I recently swatched Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate and I loved the scent and the color, I'll propably get it! And I'm not a lipbalm person lol

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Miss Nikka: I hope you like it as much as I do!

    @Rena: I like the Aquafina lip balms as well :) And if you like Vaseline, you should try Aquaphor Healing Ointment...same idea but I think it's wayyy better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carmex Moisture Plus Peach Sheer Tint is my favorite lip balm! It heals chapped and dry lips instantly. It gives just the right color to my pale lips. It can be an aternative to lipstick. I tried so many lip balms, only Carmex worked! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...