11.29.2010

Glittery Gradient Nails


What you'll need:
a sheer, fine glitter nail polish
an opaque nail polish (preferably metallic or glittery)
(Both nail polishes should be in the same color family)
I used:
Pure Ice in Beware (sheer silver glitter)
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Celeb City (metallic silver)

+Step 1+
Apply your usual base coat. (I forgot to do this, hence the lack of photo, but it will make it easier to remove the glitter nail polish if you do.)

+Step 2+
Apply the opaque color to the tips of your nails. It does not have to be perfect, by any means.


+Step 3+
Apply a coat of the glitter nail polish starting a few millimeters away from the cuticle and going all the way to the tip.


+Step 4+
Apply a second coat of the glitter nail polish, this time starting halfway down the nail (roughly somewhere in between where the glitter color and the opaque color started) and going all the way to the tip. This will blend the glitter and the silver tips and help create a gradient effect.


+Step 5+
Finish off with a liberal coating of your top coat.


And now you're finished!



31 comments:

  1. it looks super good!! sounds like something i *can't* screw up too haha

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Kind of an ombre like effect :) Love it!! Especially the silver, perfect for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Soo cute! I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love LOVEEEE this! <3 going to do this next after mine chips off haha <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! So perfect for the holidays. I'm so not a fan of glitter nails but this is absolutely faboulous. :) I'm going to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome! I have to try this out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I'm in love! Thanks so much for sharing this! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this!!!!!!!! thanks for posting! i'm So going to try this!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  9. @LOLanne: It's super easy - you definitely can't mess it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job sweetie!!Love your nails!!Just perfect for holiday!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!!!

    And it looks really easy too. I might try it soon :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh I love them, what a great idea! Must give it a try soon, thanks for sharing love! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty!! my nails aren't quiet long enough to do this

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, I absolutely love this! I might have to get some sparkle polishes now because this would be very festive for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks so amazing!! Argh i chipped my nails today, I really want to try this on my nails =(

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! ^__^ I've always wanted to try gradient nails, but I fail as it is with regular nail painting LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it, it's so pretty :] Very nice for the holidays too, plus I love glitter! Thanks

    http://www.sisisparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the tutorial ! I went to get a manicure the other day and after getting my nails done, I saw a girl with this gradient styled nails ! I love it and wondered how to do it. Thanks for the tutorial ;-D Incredibly helpful ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it! I liked it so much I did my own. Thanks for the tips :)

    see it here: http://iknowallthewords.blogspot.com/2010/12/notd-starry-skies-gradient.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOUR FINGERS?? THEY LOOK LIKE TOES!!!! WHAT KIND RADIO ACTIVE TOE SPIDER DID YOU GET BIT BY??? AHHHHHHHHHHHH TOE HANDS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg she's totally right. they're kind of gross.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @anti-finger-toes: How did you know "Anonymous" is a she? Not suspicious at all... :) Thanks for stopping by!

    @Anonymous: Thank you for your insightful comment :) I'm glad you love my fingers! Oh, sorry, I meant THANK YOU FOR YOUR INSIGHTFUL COMMENT :) I'M GLAD YOU LOVE MY FINGERS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love this idea!! so simple but it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable nails! Thanks for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...