11.09.2010

Barry M Lip Paints.

Touch of Magic - 54 Peach - 129 Palest Lavender - 146 Dolly Pink - 147 Peachy Pink

I received Palest Lavender and Peachy Pink in my swap with Nicola a few months ago, and I ordered the other 3 directly from Barry M when they were offering 30% off. I was more than impressed with Barry M's shipping because my order was shipped the very next day and I received my package from the UK exactly one week after I placed my order. That's pretty good if you ask me!

Touch of Magic - 54 Peach - 129 Palest Lavender - 146 Dolly Pink - 147 Peachy Pink

(FYI: With the exception of Palest Lavender being applied over lip balm, all lip swatches are without lip balm underneath or lip gloss on top in order to show the true texture of each lipstick.)
As you can see from the first photo, Touch of Magic is a green lipstick. However, it applies pinky-clear and the intensity of the shade of pink changes depending on the alkali level of your lips. Very Dior Addict Lip Glow-esque, no? On me, it turns bright pink on my lips (It become brighter and pinker after I took this photo). It glides on like a lip balm but is not particularly moisturizing or drying. It's also supposedly waterproof and lasts up to 8 hours.

As crazy and unwearable as Peach is on its own, I still really love it for some reason. I have to say that to me, it looks much more orange than peach, though. I've been obsessed with orange makeup lately and the color of this lipstick is no exception. The only downside, and it's kind of a major one, is that it's super dry! The dryness makes the application chalky and it feels rather uncomfortable on the lips without lip balm underneath and lip gloss on top.

I love Palest Lavender. The icy lavender color is gorgeous, although it can be hard to wear at times. The texture is a kin to the formula of MAC Lustres, and I don't find this particular lipstick drying or chalky in the least.

Dolly Pink is a beautiful pinky fuschia. It's a somewhat drier formula but still has a bit of a shine to it. It's such a pretty, wearable brighter pink lipstick that I can definitely see myself getting a lot of use out of.

Holy dryness! Peachy Pink has the same dry, chalky formula as Peach, but I find the color much more wearable. I'm usually not so fussed about the terrible texture as long as I remember to apply lip balm beforehand and top the lipstick off with some lip gloss to mask the dryness :)





25 comments:

  1. Peachy Pink looks pretty - the 'Magic' lippy seems fun but when I swatched it it stained my skin for days -_- I have 'Palest Lavender' and 'Peach', but they both look terrible on me! The textures are pretty hit and miss with Barry M lippies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!

    love the colors... i want pleaseee.... eheh :D*


    xoxo my dear*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touch of Magic is so crazy! I keep looking at the green lipstick and wondering how it can come off as a nude pink? *0*

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Great swatches! Love the colors! I want them now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. But im hesitating coz of the dryness! Awww

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Beauty's Bad Habit: Yeah, Touch of Magic has left a stain on my arm from swatching now :/ I think that's how it's supposed to last for 8 hours, lol. I can definitely see how they're hit or miss...all the formulas are so different!

    @Edwina: I know, right? Really weird but cool at the same time :) My lips are actually a bright pink from it right now...and I mean bright!

    @Miss Nikka: It's a shame that they don't label their lip paints with what formula it is because they're all really different. I'd say out of the ones I have, only Peach and Peachy Pink are super dry.

    ReplyDelete

  7. dang, the last does seem quite drying
    but it's so darn pretty :(
    dabbing always works though
    I really like Dolly Pink too :D Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty colors! I love Dolly Pink and Peachy Pink and pink in general :) I hate the drying part when it comes to certain lipsticks but of course like you said there is always lipbalm before and lipgloss after ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Touch of magic and palest lavender is sooo pretty! It's such a shame that some of them are really drying...I was pretty surprise with touch of magic..haha..I thought it was green initially..

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow - i love these very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are awesome :) I've always wanted to try Barry M products!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Peach and dolly pink are on their way to me in a swap right now. I'm excited to try them! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow@ touch of magic! the colour is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so pretty. Barry M make some gorgeous lipsticks and nail polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Anca: Oh, believe me, it's REALLY dry! It's definitely not one of those lipsticks you can just apply straight from the tube and be done...it takes work to make it work! lol

    @Charming Vanity: I know, it's so weird, right? :D

    @Ariel: Yay! Let me know how you like them :)

    @Ansa: I agree. I wanted to order a nail polish or two but then I forgot and submitted my order prematurely :-/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing. I need Barry M in my life. Great colours as well, my favourite is the peach/orange.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are very pretty I need some lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's totally cool how the green one comes out a different colour! And shipping from the UK in a week is fabulous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The dryness aside, I think the Peach one is effing gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Dolly Pink the most on you
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have the peachy pink and I love it with a gloss over top, but yes it's drying! You look beautiful in the lavender..I have that one too but sadly it kinda washes me out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Palest lavender looks lovely! x

    http://thehqofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. These shades look just great! I don't own anything by Barry M, I really need to check the brand out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...