10.29.2010

Dear Hilary...

Hey Hilary,
     I'm seriously IN LOVE with your perfume, With Love. One small problem: I'm also kind of embarrassed that 1) I own it, 2) I wear it all the time, and 3) I love it! Why you ask? Because I'm pretty sure your perfume is geared towards 13-17 year olds, a group in which I have not been a part of for quite the while now. 
     You're known for your role as Lizzie in Lizzie McGuire and while I'll admit, yes, I watched and loved your show when I was 13, I've since moved away from shows like that but unfortunately, most people still associate you with Lizzie McGuire. Please do not be offended...it's not you, it's me. I think I just have a problem with fragrances associated with famous people. I love your perfume and will continue to wear it...I'll just always have to hope that no one asks me what it is. Sigh.

With love (hehe), 
Tiffany

Who: Me
What: With Love by Hilary Duff perfume
Where: At a store
When: Yesterday
Why: I needed to get something from the store. Duh!



This is basically what happened...

***
Nice girl ringing me up says, "Are you wearing perfume? It smells really, really good!"
I say, "Thank you so much!" but I'm thinking, 'Please do not ask me what it is...'
Nice girl ringing me up says, "Ok, well, have a great afternoon!"
I say, "Thank you! You too!" and I'm thinking, 'Phew! Crisis averted!'
***


Can anyone relate to how I feel? Am I just being a snob?


20 comments:

  1. Haha, I used to love the Lizzie McGuire show too! I really liked the Avril Lavigne perfume (I know, embarassing!) but never bought it for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh!
    I used to love Lizzie McGuire!
    & yes i was in that situation yesterday actually, i baught a cute barbie (...yes barbie!) perfume, just because it was in the shape of a strawberry and someone asked what i was wearing, i was like 'Oh its by Chanel, the names totally gone out of my head though...'
    haha.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I love the smell of this perfume and I do tell people what I'm wearing if they were to ask. It's an interesting perspective, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck yeah I can relate! With that Britney Spears perfume, I forgot what it's called. (or wanted to forget ha ha!) Fantasy? Maybe? LOL I don't even wear it anymore but back in the days when I was obsessed with it I really hoped nobody would ask what it is LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahha you are so cute! you make me want to sniff her perfume. i've been perfume crazy lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol it's like Lollipop26 liking Britney Spears perfume, totally nothing wrong with it. I usually do not try celebrity perfumes because they can be tacky and yucky, but I've read here and there that people like this one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's alright, I can see where you are coming from.:D

    I love SJP's Lovely.:D


    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just ordered D&G The One Gentlemen for myseeeelf. Do *I* have a problem?? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heh, I love random perfumes like that! There was this iCarly body spray I really liked a while back, lol! If it smells good, who cares whose name is on it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha...i wore paris hilton's perfume and all the time i was praying no one would ask me what brand perfume i wore...

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL I can so relate. I have a pair of Miley Cyrus leggings ($6 from Walmart) that I absolutely love. Sometimes the brand/person doesn't even matter -it all comes down to product!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg, thank you for everyone's comments! You guys all made me laugh and now I know I am not alone...I will continue to wear my Hilary Duff perfume with pride! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol. I can so relate! I love this perfume to and B.Spears "fantasty" and I'm always emberresed cause I'm always asked what I'm wearing when I wear Fantasty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel the same way!!! I have had this perfume for years and adore it. I also love Fantasy by Britney Spears and am equally ashamed to wear it. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahha this is so cute! I can definitely relate.
    I think another reason why I would be embarrassed to tell people what I'm wearing(when it's a celebrity perfume) is the fact that it makes me feel clueless when it comes to perfume... I always assume people are gonna think I bought it because I'm a fan of the celebrity.. I say this because I actually did that once! *SHAME* I bought the Hugo Boss Orange perfume because Sienna Miller was in the ad (LOVE HER) but thankfully it was a pretty scent! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hilary Duff is my not-so-guilty pleasure so I wouldnt have any trouble admitting it. However, I do own the Mariah Carey M perfume and wear it daily, so I'm not so cool about 'fessing up to that >_>

    ReplyDelete
  17. yeah i kninda...I dont like paris hilton and my FAv perf is fairy dust and i get embarrased evrytime i was asked for the first feew times..but nw im used to it haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just rediscovered this post thanks to linkwithin and actually cracked up because ...

    I also LOVE this perfume and am also VERY VERY ashamed of my clandestine love affair with Hillary Duff's teenie-bopper fragrance!

    Glad to know I'm not alone!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beauty and the ScientistAugust 14, 2011 at 4:15 PM

    It's good this perfume was a winner for you. I just ordered it this weekend without ever smelling it, all the reviews I read have good things to say. I was in one of those moods ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...