10.02.2010

Taking MAC Media Lipstick from Day to Night

I did my very first Back to MAC yesterday and since I was getting a freebie lipstick, lipglass, or eyeshadow of my choice, I decided to go ahead and choose something that was somewhat out of my comfort zone that I would normally hesitate to shell out the money for. I chose Media lipstick, an ultra-vampy satin finish color described by MAC as an "intense reddish-purple."


Media is a shade best worn in the Fall and Winter months at night or when going out since when it's applied opaquely from the tube, the color is extremely dark and much too harsh for work or daytime. 


Media for nighttime


However, when I applied it lightly from the tube, topped it off with a complementary gloss (in this case it was MAC Revenge is Sweet lipglass), then blotted some of the color off with a tissue, Media and Revenge is Sweet created a berry stain that was not only wearable but also very appropriate for Fall.


Media for daytime

All in all, I'm really happy I chose Media. It's a really great addition to my lipstick collection and is the complete opposite of my usual go-to nudes and pinks.



13 comments:

  1. I like it too! That's great you're trying new colors -I want to do the same but I feel so weird when I'm not wearing a pale or nude lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! love that color on you :) I have film noir from mac so I'm not sure I can justify getting this color too - but who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty. Seems like a v diff color though.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow lovely color!! I love both versions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. I love the classy look of a red lipstick and eyeliner. I like both of the lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the daytime lips Tiffany! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that lip color and im jealous of the perfect winged eyeliner. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how you wore it 2 ways and made it work for either day or night. The color is so beautiful. I've worn a similar color at work and ppl say i look much older lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color looks awesome both for day and night. I love how you wear the darker color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it, glad you took the risk of buying it :)

    http://lifeadventuresandthoughts.blogspot.com

    Pao

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's lovely to see you in a different lip colour - it looks fantastic on you, and it's great to see how you made it work for the day time too. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, it looks completely different in the wearable look! :O

    ReplyDelete
  13. @kali: I know what you mean. I'm just hoping I'll have the courage to leave the house with Media on my lips in full force sometime. I'm thinking I'll wait until it gets deeper into Fall and Winter when the color will be more appropriate :)

    @Charming Vanity: It really does. I think it's a combination of Revenge is Sweet being more pink and Media only applied lightly that the overall color appears really different.

    @Becky: You're so brave! I'm still trying to muster up the courage to leave my house with it on in the "night" version :) I'm sure you rocked it, though!

    @missy_ellie_uk: I have to admit, it's very odd seeing such a dark, vampy color on myself!

    @SilhouetteScreams: I know, right? I applied it only lightly and Revenge is Sweet is pretty pink so the overall color appears really different :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...